ADVERTISEMENT

Staff Changes?

wvatiger13

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2010
I think it’s fairly obvious changes should be coming at this point so who should go and who could we replace them with? I’ll get it started:

QB/OC - I think Riley should be safe. He may want to go and who would blame him. But he’s been around ball for a while and has proven he can be a successful OC. Like many on here I think Dabo is meddling and this needs to be a major change as well. Typically year one of an offensive change has some problems so I’m willing to give him a pass here.

RB - Spiller. One of Dabo’s poor hires with no experience. I love the guy but we need proven commodities. I honestly don't know enough position coaches to say a name but we need someone with experience.

WR - Grisham has to go. WRU is no more. Weirdly, Jeff Scott was probably a guy that didn’t have a lot of experience either but he was incredible while here. If he wants to be back this would be an easy replacement. The biggest thing, though, is putting Jeff back in charge of recruiting.

TE - Richardson. I’m 50/50 here. I like him. He at least had some experience. If we can find someone better then go ahead. I’ll also address here maybe this is where you get a LEGIT ST COORDINATOR. Our ST have been absolute dog crap for quite a while. Find someone who knows what the heck they’re doing.

OL - the most obvious change. OL is an absolute dumpster fire. Both recruiting and development. I saw the earlier thread and agree with either Addazio or Luke. I think Addazio would bring the fire/aggression needed on offense since we have literally NO ONE that has any intensity on that side of the ball.

DC/LB - Wes IMO should go. I get a lot of hate for this and I get it. No it’s not because of his stature. He was put in an AWFUL position by Dabo. Who hires a guy with absolutely no experience to follow a HOF’er??? That said, statistically, Wes’ defenses have been pretty good. I think my problem with him is stylistically. He reminds me more of Koening than BV. We need to get back to the days of fast, aggressive defenses. Dabo has proven several times that he can go get the best assistant out there so why not shoot for the moon? My personal favorites would be Jim Leonhard (former Wisky DC), Jim Knowles (Ohio St DC) or Don Brown (former Michigan DC). But as long as it’s an attacking style like we had with BV I’m good.

DE - Hall has to go immediately. We are just awful at this position now. Man what I’d give to bring Hobby back.

DT - I love Eason but he’s on thin ice. I’d be ok to keep him as he is an excellent recruiter but the DTs haven’t been where they should’ve been the last couple years.

CB - Reed has been here a long time and has shown he can develop NFL guys. He should stay.

S - Conn is a bit of a tossup to me. Another one of Dabo’s buddy hires but he at least coached at a high level HS program for a long time. Safeties have been decent under him. Again, 50/50 here. Wouldn’t mind either way.

So flame away or offer your thoughts on staff changes and I’ll call in to Dabo’s show and let him know what we came up with 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News