ADVERTISEMENT

State of the Program from a former Tiger

cu2020

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2015
Was at a wedding recently and had a lengthy conversation with a former offensive linemen who got thrown into the fire against the Dawgs.

I was hoping to hear our football program was headed in the right direction with new exciting hires much to my dismay he brought expectations way way way down. He did not have much positivity on our trajectory in this NIL world stating something we all know; Swinney has no interest to embrace or be competitive in this new world. Clemson does not produce many uber wealthy alumni and states we sure could benefit from former players who have scored huge paydays. I asked him about the possibility of a CJ Stroud type situation where the likes of Christian or Tee donating to our collective. He stated those chances were less then zero due to most of these guys not wanting anything to do with Clemson due to their reckless injury acknowledgement.

I am all for toughing it out and rubbing some dirt on it, but he stated ALL players are expected to practice unless they have a torn ligament… ironic given the Ngata’s of the world constantly out with a bruised labia. The intel he shared was for the Power Rangers to return they negotiated to have all ailments repaired and an internal audit of our sports medical department. Any time an internal audit has to be conducted is bad news.

He said scholarship players feel the same way us fans do about the roster mismanagement. They think it’s a joke that if your last name is Swinney, we’re his college roommates kid, or went to Daniel you’re automatically on the team. He cited it really rubs him wrong many of these top recruits like himself that they have to redshirt and run scout team while those boys escape the redshirt and are out there holding extra points and running routes in real action.

Last he said we are totally screwed at Center again this season. Was not high on Linthicum saying he was lazy. Predicted Sewell will be starting by game 4 but the damage will already be done.

Sorry for the lengthy post but wanted to share with the forum. I am as disappointed as anyone to hear this as I want us to get back to the top of the mountain. Enjoy your Masters Sunday gents!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News