ADVERTISEMENT

Stock up, Stock down: Week 4 Edition

Nov 27, 2022
Stock Up

Cade Klubnik - Man did he look solid this weekend and the progression since the opener has been impressive. Will he be the ACC POTY or finish with an ACC title this season, probably not. But, he certainly took a huge step forward this weekend and looked composed. Future looks bright with him at the helm.

Garrett Riley - Called a great game overall and put the offense in a position to win. Love seeing the slants, plays over 20 yards, and QB sneak under center. He is a gifted play caller and it is evident that this was a home run hire for both the short and long term.

WR's - Tyler Brown, Beux Collins and Troy Stellato. All three ooked great and stepped up with Williams out. Add Wesco and Moore next season and we could have a special group.

Stock Down

Dabo - Argue all you want about how are one play away, but the fact is we are 1-4 in our last 5 games against power 5 teams. Read that gain. The combination of awarding walk on scholarships and not utilizing the portal (see kicker below) has to be addressed. Not saying we need an overhaul, but 1-3 at key positions per year is where the best programs are and dont see that changing.

Kicking Game - Love the Weitz story but kicking has been putrid this year and could have been avoided by bringing in a transfer PK this offseason that can hit a FG within 30-40, a lot of those guys available in the portal who would love to play for Clemson. We very may well lose a few more games because of our inability to hit 3 pointers.

Defense - I dont blame our defense for either the Duke or the FSU losses, but this group has underperformed considering the talent. Zero turnovers against the noles was disappointing, and we have allowed an average of 30 points in 4 out of the last 5 games against the power 5, all resulting in losses. I cant name a single player who I would label as a vocal leader and I think that is rooted in the DC.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News