ADVERTISEMENT

Texas closes bars again

dbjork6317

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2009
Governor just announced bars are closing, restaurants still open for now but reduction of max occupancy. Also any events with 100 or more people require government approval.

Another shutdown almost feels imminent.

Hate to say it guys but unless there’s a swift drop in cases, football is absolutely in very serious jeopardy at this point.

This sucks.

Governor just announced bars are closing, restaurants still open for now but reduction of max occupancy. Also any events with 100 or more people require government approval.

Hate to say it guys but unless there’s a swift drop in cases, football is absolutely in very serious jeopardy at this point.

This sucks.
Florida just did the same thing.

Reactions: scartiger
Whatever people think about the severity of getting infected, benefit of wearing masks, etc., people need to understand what's going to happen if the counts keep increasing.

This sucks.
CNBC interviewed Tampa's mayor earlier this week and she indicated their data showed that a spike in cases was in large part due to the crowds at bars, particularly in the 25-35 age range.

You'll just have to drink that Woodford Reserve from home now. :)

This sucks.

If everybody just follows the rules, we will be ok. Just wear a mask and stop meeting in large groups.

I don’t like wearing one but if it means I get college football, I’ll wear one.

It starts with young people. They don’t care because they are not getting sick. I am a conservative but do not feel like it is your right not to wear a mask. Grow up and listen to science.

Thier willl not be another nationwide shutdown but specific states are probably going to have their own shutdowns to address hot spots.

How long do we hide? Man Im thankful I dont have a small business.
How long do we hide? Man Im thankful I dont have a small business.

We don’t hide. I am so tired of hearing this argument. Just wear a mask in public. I would go to a movie with a mask on right now. Things don’t have to shut down with a mask.

It is so selfish to hear people say they will not wear a mask to prevent the spread. My father is 75 in graet health but has bad asthma. He is staying away, but let’s protect the ones that can’t.

No hiding, just be smart.

CNBC interviewed Tampa's mayor earlier this week and she indicated their data showed that a spike in cases was in large part due to the crowds at bars, particularly in the 25-35 age range.

Yes governor here said essentially the same thing. Also shut down river rafting which they said they were able to link to a big jump in cases in Austin.

We don’t hide. I am so tired of hearing this argument. Just wear a mask in public. I would got to a movie with a mask on right now. Things don’t have to shut down with a mask.

It is so selfish to hear people say they will not wear a mask to prevent the spread. My father is 75 in gray health but has bad asthma. He is staying away, but let’s protect the ones that can’t.

No hiding, just be smart.
This exactly. If people had just been smart when the reopening started and practiced better distancing, worn masks, not gone to bars and beaches in droves, we wouldn’t see near the spike we’re having now. There would have been some spike I’m sure (and obvious mass protests probably aren’t helping) but enough to warrant another shutdown? I don’t think so.

Instead we get these goobers that refuse to wear masks and just don’t give a shit and while the fatality rate for that 25 year old is extremely, extremely low it just puts so many other people at risk that it just bottles the mind how people can’t deal with the slight inconvenience of wearing a mask to help protect their fellow human beings around them.

And spare me the “WeLl ThEy’Re AlL OlD AnYwAy.” No one deserves to die or suffer illness because you’ve decided to be a selfish prick.

If there is another shutdown, this Country and Economy is done. Businesses will not recover and get ready for a great Depression.

You might be surprised that the economy in 2020 isn’t the mom and pop down the street.

I have no doubt plenty of small businesses are not going to be able to survive this, but your large multinationals are going to keep killing it. Will just accelerate the Amazonifcation of everything further.

Absolutely check your investments, but this isn’t going to be anything approaching the “Great Depression”.

Reactions: andcam
You might be surprised that the economy in 2020 isn’t the mom and pop down the street.

I have no doubt plenty of small businesses are not going to be able to survive this, but your large multinationals are going to keep killing it. Will just accelerate the Amazonifcation of everything further.

Absolutely check your investments, but this isn’t going to be anything approaching the “Great Depression”.
The liberals just said hold my beer.

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
People are basically selfish. Among other things that are not too good.

The younger crowd (identified above as 25-35) have no intention of letting masks OR not gathering in social drinking environment get in the way of their 'good time'..........what ever way you want to define that.

Add to the fact that THEY have little invested in the shutdowns (literally) or the health situation..............it ain't good.

0% chance we got back into a nationwide Shelter in Place like we did earlier. Simply not going to happen again.

The changes of course in Texas and Florida are important but not major changes. Bars closing is the biggest one. Restaurants back to 50% occupancy inside from 75%. That's pretty much where South Carolina is at now.

0% chance we got back into a nationwide Shelter in Place like we did earlier. Simply not going to happen again.

The changes of course in Texas and Florida are important but not major changes. Bars closing is the biggest one. Restaurants back to 50% occupancy inside from 75%. That's pretty much where South Carolina is at now.
And we shouldn't. But cot damn, people could stop being so dumb when they go out

You think mask are going to prevent people from getting sick? No, it will only slow it down. Overreactions will however kill the economy.

Reducing infection rate is very literally “prevent[ing] people from getting sick” - want to try again?

You are about to be in for a rude awakening as more and more small businesses fail.

Reactions: harristeeter
The liberals won’t stop until it’s ruined or Trump loses.
If he’d managed this like a Fvcking adult with at least a double digit IQ, he wouldn’t be plummeting in the polls. Just wait until the states whose Governors aligned with the Imbecile in Chief are the first to shut down.

And for the record, I’ve never voted for a Democrat candidate at any level in any election ever.

If he’d managed this like a Fvcking adult with at least a double digit IQ, he wouldn’t be plummeting in the polls. Just wait until the states whose Governors aligned with the Imbecile in Chief are the first to shut down.

And for the record, I’ve never voted for a Democrat candidate at any level in any election ever.
Drink up

Pretty sure some read that as....
giphy.gif

If there is another shutdown, this Country and Economy is done. Businesses will not recover and get ready for a great Depression.

Well, we recovered from the great depression. Recovering from the Trump catastrophe will take a few years, but we'll do it. It's time to actually make this country great again, instead of just saying it and then doing the opposite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT