ADVERTISEMENT

The NC Republican candidate for Gov sounds… interesting.

Normally I stay out of these conversations on message boards but some of the BS being slung around today forced me to stop what I was doing and respond.

1- the idea that the US is doing better on inflation that most other countries is false. I work for a multi-national food production company with production facilities in 10 European countries as well as the US and Canada. Core inflation figures provided by the US government do NOT include food and fuel prices which we all know have increased. Add those back in and our current inflation rate would be roughly 7% or 8% +/-. Our European friends use Harmonised Index of Consumer Prices which does include food and fuel so they do a better job of not hiding the truth. Keep in mind as well that raw material prices for food production (sugar, wheat, oils, etc) in Europe are significantly less expensive in Europe than they are in the US and this is nothing new. Some of this is driven by the fact that freight costs within Europe are lower than the US, but this explains only a small portion of the lower prices.

2- I could not care less what a transgender person does or does not do as long as it does not impact the lives of other people. A man dressed as a woman changing in a female locker room is simply unacceptable. Why this is even up for debate is beyond me. Why we are even talking about men playing female sports just baffles my mind.

3- Continuing to say Republicans are against Biden's immigration reform bills is total BS considering there was BILLIONS of dollars included in the bill for Ukraine and Israel. Immigration should not be dependent upon funding wars in other countries. First off we have immigration laws in place that are not being enforced. No other money is necessary. The fact that over 7 million illegal immigrants have entered this country illegally during the Biden administration is criminal in and of itself. People that say illegal immigrants are not breaking laws should talk to Laken Riley's family. Simple truth is the Census Bureau is required to count every human being during the census even if they are here illegally. These 7 million + people that have entered the country illegally will ultimately be counted and it will impact how many reps a state has. The border problem is not a failure on the part of Biden - it is an absolute success of a voter drive for the years to come.
1. The energy index actually fell over the last 12 months, but food did rise ~3% or so. Even when you factor in food/energy into our CPI figures, we're 2nd best compared to our peer countries behind only Japan.

2. Transgenders in sports is such a small figure I don't really pay it any mind. I do understand parents not wanting their kids dealing with co-ed locker rooms, and I don't really have a solution for that.

3. Both Dems and Reps are to blame for the border crisis. No one seems to want to fix it bc it's too valuable of an electoral chip to give away. I do think it's absurd that Republicans are terrified of illegal immigrants voting for dems (which definitely isn't a foregone conclusion - see south florida latinos/cubans.) They'd be smart to tailor their messaging to account for trying to win over the immigrant vote, but i guess it's easier to demonize and never help solve the issue.

3- Continuing to say Republicans are against Biden's immigration reform bills is total BS considering there was BILLIONS of dollars included in the bill for Ukraine and Israel.
this would hold a lot more credibility if it weren’t for the fact that it was Republicans who demanded Ukraine funding be included in the border bill.

Dems wanted to pass funds for Ukraine, Pubs said we’ll only pass it if you include border reforms, Dems called their bluff and produced a bi-partisan border bill that was endorsed by border agents (widely known for their liberalism and love of the Democratic Party) and Republicans shot that down too.

Also, of the $60 billion for Ukraine in the bill, $48 billion of it would never have left the US and was designated to be spent on domestic defense orders that helped boost the economy, which was touted by the Republicans who did support the bill (until they didn’t).

Don't you love it when you throw left-wing talking points back at the left and they turn into little bitches.

Inflation is real
Lawlessness is rampant in blue states. Don’t confuse yourself by saying its down. If its down, its in red states where the rule of law matters. Thats the point.
Illegal immigration is illegal. Cannot argue that
Transgenderism is a mental illness at best. God doesn’t make mistakes. You are what he made you.
DEI is a handout not based on merit or qualifications. .

Facts are not racist. They are facts regardless of what liberal indoctrination has brainwashed you to believe.
My god the amount of delusional thinking in this crap.

Don't you love it when you throw left-wing talking points back at the left and they turn into little bitches.
Don't you hate it when we throw it back in their face and prove them wrong while you go around taking brainless potshots at everyone who doesn't get all their news from LibsofTikTok or End Wokeness in the twattersphere like you do?

Don't you hate it when we throw it back in their face and prove them wrong while you go around taking brainless potshots at everyone who doesn't get all their news from LibsofTikTok or End Wokeness in the twattersphere like you do?
Appreciate the little bitch answering.

Looks like he hates women too! The 2024 Republican Party everyone!!

Despite all his flaws I definitely would vote for him over you for dog catcher or sewer pond monitor
How many times have you said the “n word” in the last week?

Actually I refrain form using the N word as because I am around black folks they scream it at each other far more than I ever could.

Apparently its a black thing as I was called the N word some which I laughed at. It's in some cases an insult but in most cases among the black folks just banter. But then what do I know.

There's nothing to argue, your snarky post just had a bunch of opinions/feelings.

Inflation: The US is outperforming every other peer country in inflation recovery following COVID.
Lawlessness: Violent crime is down in the US and has been on the decrease since 2021.
Illegal Immigration: Has been a problem for decades, and no president/congressional body has implemented a solution for it. It's a useful tool to rile up voting blocs, but no one actually wants to fix it. I imagine it's similar to RvW for the power brokers, in that they'd prefer to keep using it as a tool to get people out to vote, and not actually solve the problem.
Transgenders: I have no issue with people being who they want to be. Just because you don't understand/agree with what they're going through it doesn't mean they're wrong or bad. Stop being a bigot.
DEI: Another boogeyman to rile up the fragile and perpetually terrified Republicans. No one is hiring unqualified people to positions of influence/power/responsibility.
Foreign Policy: We're crippling the Russian economy, have brought back tons of manufacturing to the US, and are actually punishing China for IP theft and chip monopolization. You haven't made any additional coherent point here besides complaining about atheists/agnostics.
Going Pravda on us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT