ADVERTISEMENT

The NCAA should extend the recruiting dead period through September ...

Cris_Ard

Owner - Publisher of Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
May 29, 2001
tigerillustrated.com
This comes in from Adam Gorney and Mike Farrell this morning ...

The NCAA should extend the recruiting dead period through September

Farrell’s take: FACT. I don’t know when we are going to see visits if at all in the 2021 recruiting cycle, but the smart thing to do is push it back another month and see what happens. Unfortunately, all the good feelings I had about college football resuming when the ACC announced its schedule this week have disappeared. I think we are in for a massive disappointment this fall, which includes recruiting visits.

Gorney’s take: FACT. There’s just no way to do this logistically that makes any sense and so unfortunately, I have to think that official visits - and probably unofficial visits - won’t be allowed through at least September, if not the entire fall. This causes so many further questions about signing day timelines and the like, but teams are just trying to figure out ways to keep their players healthy, let alone asking recruits to fly all around the country, stay in hotels, visit with athletic and academic staff and all that goes with an official visit. The fall is going to be an interesting time for recruiting.

FROM THE TIGER FAN SHOP: Click HERE to check out all of our inventory, plus early summer DEALS on officially-licensed CLEMSON apparel!
w6e4jzxm120o4p4vibta

Reactions: cyclotiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News