ADVERTISEMENT

The party of racist?

Facts: Strom Thurmond was a democrat.... until he wasn't.
Yes he was the only dixiecrat to switch. The rest stayed democrat until they died. When dems realize their ideas are hateful and they begin to change they then switch party's...

The rest stayed democrat? Dafuq? Go read a book chuckle head.
I have read many books. You do know what a dixiecrat was dont you? They were not conservative democrats or liberal. Not all democrats were dixiecrats. He was the only dixiecrat to change to republican. Not the only democrat however. All conservative democrats switched party's by the mid 90's. There wasnt ever a conservative dixiecrat. All the dixiecrats were clan members I believe also. Again the all stayed democrats until death except Thurmond...

I have read many books. You do know what a dixiecrat was dont you? They were not conservative democrats or liberal. Not all democrats were dixiecrats. He was the only dixiecrat to change to republican. Not the only democrat however. All conservative democrats switched party's by the mid 90's. There wasnt ever a conservative dixiecrat. All the dixiecrats were clan members I believe also. Again the all stayed democrats until death except Thurmond...
almost none of this is accurate fwiw. Dixiecrats were a splinter group of the Democratic party that didn't agree to the democratic Civil Rights platform. It wasn't until Nixon and his Southern Strategy in 1960 that the south truly started seeing cracks in their original democrat stronghold. it was official in 1964 (i wonder what else happened in this year) that the south first switched to Republican support. '68 a few of the states in the south went for that 3rd party whose name i can't remember that was headed up by george wallace, but for the most part stayed R.

almost none of this is accurate fwiw. Dixiecrats were a splinter group of the Democratic party that didn't agree to the democratic Civil Rights platform. It wasn't until Nixon and his Southern Strategy in 1960 that the south truly started seeing cracks in their original democrat stronghold. it was official in 1964 (i wonder what else happened in this year) that the south first switched to Republican support. '68 a few of the states in the south went for that 3rd party whose name i can't remember that was headed up by george wallace, but for the most part stayed R.
Yes a splinter group like the squad is a splinter group but still democrats. Remember conservatives were in both party's in large numbers in the 60's and 70's. Conservatives got pissed with the Goldwater crew before that and many moved to the democrat party. Dixiecrats were never republicans only Thurmond switched party's. KKK was started to go after conservatives/republicans and blacks after the war. The pos Forrest started that shyt group. Bill Clinton even stated you had to be a clan member to be a democrat...

Yes a splinter group like the squad is a splinter group but still democrats. Remember conservatives were in both party's in large numbers in the 60's and 70's. Conservatives got pissed with the Goldwater crew before that and many moved to the democrat party. Dixiecrats were never republicans only Thurmond switched party's. KKK was started to go after conservatives/republicans and blacks after the war. The pos Forrest started that shyt group. Bill Clinton even stated you had to be a clan member to be a democrat...
It’s posts like these that make me think you don’t know a word about what you’re talking about and are just throwing out shit that you’ve either read on Breitbart or were told by stupid people growing up.

following the failure of the dixiecrats' platform in the '48 election most of the founders of that party ended up working with Rs to make sure Ds didn't win elections in their states. did they formally switch parties? i don't know, nor do i really care because it's beside the point. The bigger issue is the implementation of the Southern Strategy by Nixon and Goldwater to get the conservative portion of the democratic party to move over to the republican party by appealing to their racism.

The platform of the Republican party in 1864 is a far cry from what their platform is today, and the same can be said about the Democrat party. Look at the R stance towards the federal gov't, immigration, and gov't spending towards infrastructure in 1864 vs what it is today. Now look at the D stance of that same time period - they're diametric opposites to what each party stands for today. I point this out because the Republican Party of Lincoln is no longer the Republican Party of today, and that goes for the Democrat party as well.

Then in 1960s with the introduction of Atwater's Southern Strategy you start to see the first splintering of the two sects of the Republican Party: the NE/MW Rockefeller Republicans who were more liberal conservatives, and the southeastern democrats-turned-conservatives. It was this strategy that focused on "states' rights and law and order" - a stance the RNC officially apologized for 20 years ago - which was essentially using coded language to appeal to racists. You're more than welcome to read Atwater's own words on the topic if you'd like.

Last edited:
Reactions: dpic73
It’s posts like these that make me think you don’t know a word about what you’re talking about and are just throwing out shit that you’ve either read on Breitbart or were told by stupid people growing up.

following the failure of the dixiecrats' platform in the '48 election most of the founders of that party ended up working with Rs to make sure Ds didn't win elections in their states. did they formally switch parties? i don't know, nor do i really care because it's beside the point. The bigger issue is the implementation of the Southern Strategy by Nixon and Goldwater to get the conservative portion of the democratic party to move over to the republican party by appealing to their racism.

The platform of the Republican party in 1864 is a far cry from what their platform is today, and the same can be said about the Democrat party. Look at the R stance towards the federal gov't, immigration, and gov't spending towards infrastructure in 1864 vs what it is today. Now look at the D stance of that same time period - they're diametric opposites to what each party stands for today. I point this out because the Republican Party of Lincoln is no longer the Republican Party of today, and that goes for the Democrat party as well.

Then in 1960s with the introduction of Atwater's Southern Strategy you start to see the first splintering of the two sects of the Republican Party: the NE/MW Rockefeller Republicans who were more liberal conservatives, and the southeastern democrats-turned-conservatives. It was this strategy that focused on "states' rights and law and order" - a stance the RNC officially apologized for 20 years ago - which was essentially using coded language to appeal to racists. You're more than welcome to read Atwater's own words on the topic if you'd like.
The more you talk to more it seems you have a narrow view on the different moving parts in the parties. Its not simple r vs d. There are many groups that makeup both. Again its a FACT that can be checked so easy. Look at the list of dixiecrats and see which ones switched parties. Only ONE did. Also the more moderate parts of what makes up each party at the moment have switched sides many times in the past. When either party drifts to the more extreme side libs, libertarians, and conservatives move the other way. Its best when the libertarians are the independents. MAGA atm is made up of these three groups. The far right is working with the far left atm to crush those of us in the middle...

giphy.gif

i'm tapping out bc my man you are not playing with a full deck

giphy.gif

i'm tapping out bc my man you are not playing with a full deck
Sorry things arent always black and white for you and your understanding is thus limited. Conservatives which started the republican party have never change views. As the establishment types moved in and took power in the party that made conservatives the moderate group on the republican side. Thus conservatives ended up being split in both party's in the 60's-90's. Social conservatives stayed in the republican party the whole time. People like me and supported people in both partys over the years because Im not a social conservative. But I am a economic/foreign policy conservative that supports having the most advanced and best military in the world...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT