ADVERTISEMENT

This is why Democrats can't help themselves

gardentiger

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
As Thomas Sowell told an interviewer in 2004, “There’s something Eric Hoffer said: ‘Intellectuals cannot operate at room temperature.’

"So here is the catch-22 Democrats face when told to “turn down the heat”: Trump IS the heat Democrats need in order to function. If they can’t continue to bloviate and hyperbolize about Trump as an existential threat, then they’re paralyzed. They will fall from their high perches like Florida iguanas in winter. And then this just becomes a contest between one candidate that takes bullets and another that takes naps. They can’t have that." Glenn Reynolds

As Thomas Sowell told an interviewer in 2004, “There’s something Eric Hoffer said: ‘Intellectuals cannot operate at room temperature.’

"So here is the catch-22 Democrats face when told to “turn down the heat”: Trump IS the heat Democrats need in order to function. If they can’t continue to bloviate and hyperbolize about Trump as an existential threat, then they’re paralyzed. They will fall from their high perches like Florida iguanas in winter. And then this just becomes a contest between one candidate that takes bullets and another that takes naps. They can’t have that." Glenn Reynolds
Do you think this is unique to democrats?

Do you think this is unique to democrats?

Republicans went crazy when Obama was president. I remember people telling me he might be the Anti-Christ which is just insane. Certainly we've seen over the top and hyperbolic rhetoric from Republicans. Anyone who denies that is just ignoring reality.

That being said, I've never seen anything like what we're seeing now. The over-the-top histrionics an absolute mania regarding Trump has been at a volume level we've never seen. I don't know who started it but this is the next step in the evolution that we've been on for quite some time. It doesn't really matter whose fault it is. We're rapidly heading toward disaster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT