ADVERTISEMENT

This might not be popular but

PrimeIsGettingComfortable

Valles Marineris
Sep 5, 2023
Processing kids is good for them. I’ve never met someone who doesn’t want to play and is ok riding the bench. Those kids deserve honesty and if they aren’t good enough to play, someone should tell them the truth so they can transfer to a program that is a better fit. It’s better than giving them false hope.

The portal has been so good for most kids. Think of what being able to transfer to FSU has meant for Jared Verse. It’s going to add millions to his bank account because he has proven himself against P5 competition and gets the training and support he wouldn’t get at Albany. And we can all agree that DJ moving on has been a great decision for him. He’s on what might be the best team he’s played on and no longer is measured against Trevor Lawrence. Quinn Ewers found a better fit in Texas. Big Penix Energy is doing amazing things at UW. My man Shedeur is proving that he is one of the country’s best QBs.

I know Dabo gets upset at the portal and backups transferring, but how would it have benefited anyone if Ladson, Williams, Ajou, Bentley, DJ had decided to stick around? Everyone suffers. Different guys develop at different paces - some don’t develop at all. But it benefits everyone when they have the flexibility to find a home that better suits their needs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News