ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the DC tear-gassing yesterday for the church photo op?

CodingTiger

Lake Baikal
Nov 30, 2014
I want to hear the mental gymnastics some of you guys will use to justify that insanity.

Brendan Buck, a longtime former congressional aide who is now a Republican operative said... "The president used force against American citizens, not to protect property, but to soothe his own insecurities. We will all move on to the next outrage, but this was a true abuse of power and should not be forgotten.”

Agree or disagree with his message once at the church, using force on peaceful protestors was not required and is an abuse of office.

the church wasn't set on fire, a fire was set in the nursery and it did practically no damage

there was a fire outside that, also, did no damage.

"I just assessed the damage as best I could, in the semi-dark and with a flashing, bleating alarm system that I could not figure out how to shut off. My ears are still ringing, and I am still coughing a bit from various fumes I inhaled," he said. "But I am happy to share with you that I could see no other real damage."

Church leaders said that the interior damage was limited to the nursery room.
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...amid-unrest-leaders-pray-for-healing/2318673/

"I just assessed the damage as best I could, in the semi-dark and with a flashing, bleating alarm system that I could not figure out how to shut off. My ears are still ringing, and I am still coughing a bit from various fumes I inhaled," he said. "But I am happy to share with you that I could see no other real damage."

Church leaders said that the interior damage was limited to the nursery room.
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...amid-unrest-leaders-pray-for-healing/2318673/
Praise God that the damage was limited but again that is in the church. I don't see your point.

The Rt. Rev. Mariann Budde, the bishop of Washington who helped organize the clergy presence at the church, said Trump’s arrival at St. John's happened without warning and left her “outraged.”

“The symbolism of him holding a Bible … as a prop and standing in front of our church as a backdrop when everything that he has said is antithetical to the teachings of our traditions and what we stand for as a church — I was horrified,” she told RNS.

“He didn't come to pray. He didn't come to lament the death of George Floyd. He didn't come to address the deep wounds that are being expressed through peaceful protest by the thousands upon thousands. He didn't try to bring calm to situations that are exploding with pain.”

The Rt. Rev. Mariann Budde, the bishop of Washington who helped organize the clergy presence at the church, said Trump’s arrival at St. John's happened without warning and left her “outraged.”

“The symbolism of him holding a Bible … as a prop and standing in front of our church as a backdrop when everything that he has said is antithetical to the teachings of our traditions and what we stand for as a church — I was horrified,” she told RNS.

“He didn't come to pray. He didn't come to lament the death of George Floyd. He didn't come to address the deep wounds that are being expressed through peaceful protest by the thousands upon thousands. He didn't try to bring calm to situations that are exploding with pain.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT