ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25 of the upcoming Top 25 lists

PawsFan_

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2019
So we've entered that dark time. There's not much football news to talk about. We have baseball to distract us for awhile: and the longer the better. But now we walk towards Memorial Day and vacation time. Folks start heading to the beaches in June. The first preseason mags will start hitting the shelves then. July 4th will all give us time to relax. Then the coaches' media golf outing and conference media days will signal, football is here.

In the meantime, writers, podcasters, and radio hosts all around the country will be scrambling for content. They will look behind every nook and cranny to create a piece of interest. When they exhaust all possibilities, they will result to the dreaded "Top 25" article. You know what I mean. The article that is full one guy's opinion that some fans will link to a board and say, "Look how high we are ranked!" Others will post the same link and say, "This guy is a friggin' idiot. Look who he ranked above us." In an effort to play "List bingo" during the summer, I predict we will see the following lists. All this is little more than click bait but I don't think many folks care. To paraphrase Mr. Eddie Murphy, a starving man will think a ritz cracker is a 18oz, thick cut ribeye.

For entertainment purposes only, I give you the Top 25 of the Upcoming Top 25

Top 25...........Comment
1. Head CoachesIs there any doubt who will be #1? Some knucklehead will push Dabo out of the top 10 and try to justify it. It'll also be interested to see Kirby ranked about Dabo
2. Offensive CoordinatorsHow high will Riley be?
3. Defensive CoordinatorsWhere's Les's name?
4. RecruitersTI will be all ablaze when Grisham is ranked higher than Eason on the list....and yes, I saw a list yesterday about recruiters and it had Grisham ranked around #35 and Eason was about 20 spots lower.
5. Running BacksHow close to the top will be Shipley? Is PM on the list too?
6. Wide ReceiversNothing to see here.
7. OffensesPre season hype for Clemson based on a vanilla spring game and potential?
8. DefensesGot to expect some love here.
9. EntrancesAhhh the one that will fire Clemson fans up the most when 2001 and Enter Sandman are ranked above Running down the Hill.
10. Impact TransfersCollege football free agency has to have a list.
11. Toughest schedulesOne list UGA won't be on.
12. TraditionsAnything above Rubbing the Rock is nonsense to us.
13. StadiumsDV will get top 10 respect.
14. HelmetsHard hitting analysis goes into an article like this. Clemson's helmet will be ranked too low and some here will say we need to go chrome.
15. MascotsMaybe the only think Colorado will be ranked #1 at. Do you think Deion rides Ralphy out game one?
16. Tailgating CampusesGee...tell me how special The Grove is again.
17. QuarterbacksDrake Maye lovefest. Cade should get some respect.
18. GamesWhen Clemson v FSU isn't on the list, folks will be pissed
19. College Football AnalystsYawn......Now, we had a thread on TI a year or so ago with top sideline reporters. Now that was a good story.
20. Impact FreshmenYawn.....haven't played a down yet.
21. Way too early bowl projectionsNot a top 25 list, but you know we'll see bunches of these. Chickens to the Mayo Bowl again.
22. Programs over the last decadeWe'll be scratching our heads when they have UGA over Clemson
23. Team logosAbsolutely no personal biases in a article like this.
24. UniformsSee above. tell me how Oregon's uniforms are special again?
25. The best program in every stateSome SEC homer will try to make the argument that USuCk owns SC. If that's true then GT must own the state of Georgia too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News