ADVERTISEMENT

TV help

Lot4tailgater

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2003
Aight, the storm in Columbia tonight got my old 55in Samsung dumb TV in my shop. I've been considering upsizing to a 75in anyway, but, while I'm thankful for the rain, mother nature is forcing my hand.

I'm looking at a few in the $500-650 range at Walmart, Best Buy, etc. I want to go get it tomorrow, not wait for shipping.

Here's my thoughts/questions....
1) I'm ready to cut the DTV cord, but I will need to upgrade my Wi-Fi to my shop to support streaming. That'll come later, but I want to make sure the TV I buy will work when I do that.
2) My other TVs are Roku. This is where I'm ignorant. Do I need to get another Roku TV or will Fire or Google be ok?
3) Like I said, this is an indoor shop TV, but we watch it as much as the others and I do host several viewing parties for our football and baseball games, and the occasional Nascar race. Any quality for a new TV will be fine. I don't get hung up on the specs. They are all good enough for what I need.
4) I've never done it, but I think I'd like to mirror my laptop on the TV for certain things...especially our baseball games.

Will something like this fit my needs? Toshiba

Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks for any advice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News