ADVERTISEMENT

Two adults arrested, charged with murder after mass shooting at Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade

I’ve laid out lengthy posts in the past about what my ideas would be and also how nothing is an instant fix and it’s going to take a long, long term commitment to whatever those changes are.

Please lay out your plan for lowering the amount of Americans being killed by gun violence while doing nothing about 400 million guns on American soil.
Ok. Conceal carry is legal across America for everyone that is a citizen and not convicted of a felony. Also all gun free zones are now dissolved. There you go. Much better than anything your side is promoting.

You need deterrence. A gun hidden in people’s pockets will cause others to think twice about going to places and shooting them up. There’s a reason you don’t see these where guns are allowed. Stop overthinking it.

This is c&p directly from espn. Does this sound like a person that regulation and laws would have stopped? He’s admitting that he shot at the group bc they looked at him wrong and then he thought it was ok to shoot into a crowd of kids bc he thought he heard someone say “get him”, so he decides to randomly shoot into the group?? I’m sure this guy is following all rules and regulations we put out there for him lol.

The argument began when two groups of people grew agitated over the belief that people in the other group were staring at them, according to affidavits from police. Surveillance video shows Mays and someone with him aggressively approached the other group, police say.

The video showed Mays was the first to begin shooting despite being surrounded by crowds of people, including children, according to one of the affidavits.

Mays told detectives that "he hesitated shooting because he knew there were kids there," according to the affidavit. He told investigators he began firing after someone in the other group said, "I'm going to get you," which he took to mean they would try to kill him. He said he chose a random person from the other group to shoot at as that person was running away, the affidavit says.

I'm not disputing that the perpetrators were POS's. As @iceheart08 said at the beginning of this thread, it's all about access. As this article says, the U.S. is the worldwide leading gun manufacturer with a whopping 40% of the world's gun exports. We are not only creating the highest access to firearms, but we have some of the weakest gun regulation laws among high-income countries.

Here's a great article that explains why poor gun regulation contributes to criminals acquiring weapons illegally. As this article states, "nearly a third of traced guns were brought across state lines before being used in a crime - 8 of those 10 states did not have background check laws during the study period." The fact is, because our gun regulation laws are so weak, people with criminal intent are able to find ways to illegally obtain firearms through the many loopholes in our country's gun regulation system. If we eliminate those loopholes by creating stricter gun regulation laws across the country, it WILL limit access to guns for criminals.

And before anyone gets their panties in a wad, stricter gun regulation isn't nearly as much about removing the American right to bear arms as it is about making the manufacture and sale of guns in America more regulated and traceable. If we have tighter licensing and sale procedures in place, it makes it easier to track all guns that are sold, and it makes it easier for us to crack down on bad actors who are illegally distributing weapons in this country to POS's like these guys at the SB parade in Kansas City.

Reactions: WapPride
Ok. Conceal carry is legal across America for everyone that is a citizen and not convicted of a felony. Also all gun free zones are now dissolved. There you go. Much better than anything your side is promoting.

You need deterrence. A gun hidden in people’s pockets will cause others to think twice about going to places and shooting them up. There’s a reason you don’t see these where guns are allowed. Stop overthinking it.
There were 800 cops with not hidden guns, and this happened. Not sure how "hidden" guns in everyone's pockets would stop this.

Reactions: WapPride
Can you agree that if the DAs actually use the current gun laws on the books AND sentence the violators accordingly that it would cut down on gun violence?
Yes and no. If you can get DAs/Judges across the country to agree to a no-compromise policy on gun crimes, then yes, it would cut down some. The problem is, this is a reactive solution rather than a proactive solution, and still doesn't address how criminals are getting access to guns and also subjects the punishment/regulation of gun violence to individual districts/counties.

But as I stated earlier, gun regulation isn't about attacking the Second Amendment. The fact is, most of the people OTB would not have their right to purchase/own firearms jeopardized by this country enacting stricter gun-regulation laws. It would make firearm sales more traceable, which in turn cracks down on buyers/sellers who are trafficking guns illegally to criminals. It would also prevent people with criminal records or mental instability from easily purchasing guns from retailers that don't conduct appropriate background checks. It's not an infringement on the general American populace's right to own weapons.

There were 800 cops with not hidden guns, and this happened. Not sure how "hidden" guns in everyone's pockets would stop this.
You do realize that it’s been reported that over 1 million people were in KC for that parade. Is 800 guns enough to keep 1 million safe?

And to your question. Hypothetically if you wanted to rob a bank and there were two side by side. One had a sign that said no firearms allowed and the other said conceal carry is welcome. Which one do you walk into? Keep in mind you’re not there to get loan paperwork. You’re there to commit a crime.

Last edited:
I'm not disputing that the perpetrators were POS's. As @iceheart08 said at the beginning of this thread, it's all about access. As this article says, the U.S. is the worldwide leading gun manufacturer with a whopping 40% of the world's gun exports. We are not only creating the highest access to firearms, but we have some of the weakest gun regulation laws among high-income countries.

Here's a great article that explains why poor gun regulation contributes to criminals acquiring weapons illegally. As this article states, "nearly a third of traced guns were brought across state lines before being used in a crime - 8 of those 10 states did not have background check laws during the study period." The fact is, because our gun regulation laws are so weak, people with criminal intent are able to find ways to illegally obtain firearms through the many loopholes in our country's gun regulation system. If we eliminate those loopholes by creating stricter gun regulation laws across the country, it WILL limit access to guns for criminals.

And before anyone gets their panties in a wad, stricter gun regulation isn't nearly as much about removing the American right to bear arms as it is about making the manufacture and sale of guns in America more regulated and traceable. If we have tighter licensing and sale procedures in place, it makes it easier to track all guns that are sold, and it makes it easier for us to crack down on bad actors who are illegally distributing weapons in this country to POS's like these guys at the SB parade in Kansas City.

There’s some reasonable takes here. Problem is you’re applying reason where there is none. These are the same people that can’t agree on what a man is, or if calling for genocide to a whole group needs context (Jews, unvaccinated, climate deniers, etc), or ignoring homeless citizens while giving 10 million illegal immigrants phones and cash. How on earth do you expect 50 states to come together to determine reasonable gun control when basic things like men can’t be pregnant are radical views. It’s silly and that side has NO one to blame but themselves.

Whether you like it or not. The left or whatever that is, has been hijacked by radicals. And no one is going to take you seriously until you do first.

But as I stated earlier, gun regulation isn't about attacking the Second Amendment. The fact is, most of the people OTB would not have their right to purchase/own firearms jeopardized by this country enacting stricter gun-regulation laws. It would make firearm sales more traceable, which in turn cracks down on buyers/sellers who are trafficking guns illegally to criminals. It would also prevent people with criminal records or mental instability from easily purchasing guns from retailers that don't conduct appropriate background checks. It's not an infringement on the general American populace's right to own weapons.

I'm not an unfettered 2A guy. I think we as a society do have the right to limit/regulate what guns we allow in public places, how they are transported and require reasonable training. I also believe that we do have the right to limit who owns firearms based on criminal history and some limitations based on mental fitness.

But, you have the solution backwards. Its not my job to provide an inventory or prove I am legally allowed to own a gun in my own home. That's guaranteed in the constitution. Its the governments job to prove I can't. And if they can't do that in a repetitive way and in some reasonable timeframe thats on them. If the government wants to get stricter on background checks and gun free zones, its on them to provide the background check resources, streamline the privacy laws related to mental health so we can do a legit check, and competent security.

I don't think you fix the problem of an ineffective/incompetent government by adding burdens or restrictions on individual rights. There should be a process for me to report a lost/stolen/destroyed gun, but not tracking the ones I do. And while I'm 100% in favor of background checks, there needs to be a limit on what the government can do and a time frame in which they can do it (say 7-10 days). Otherwise, you just have a government that slow plays an approval process and the people's rights are taken away due to that delay.

There are really only 3 places where you are "guilty until proven innocent",
1) the media
2) buying a firearm
3) campaign finance laws

And 2 and 3 are because the government just can't control itself.

I grew up in majority white Lexington SC, then attended majority white Clemson. I was blessed to move to a city where I’m the minority and it has really changed my views on a lot of things.

Every white liberal should be required to read Malcom X autobiography. Then they will understand why white liberals destroyed black America.

Plan to follow your suggestion

I am thinkiing this already

Terrific explanation - please explain to us the plan for limiting access to the 400+ million UNREGISTERED guns on American soil to the people that we want to limit access. We couldn’t limit pedophiles from using the internet but we can limit criminals from getting guns??? Go on, we will all hang up and listen.

So what you're saying is, because we couldn't limit pedophiles from using the internet, we should just stop monitoring pedophiles altogether and let them do their thing? SMH

So what you're saying is, because we couldn't limit pedophiles from using the internet, we should just stop monitoring pedophiles altogether and let them do their thing? SMH
Yes. That is exactly what I’m saying. 🙄

You make a good point.

But, Police are soooo reeled in by our crappy system, I suspect they almost try to stay away from unnecessary conflict. By that, I mean......who would think this could happen.

Strong arming by the Police is frowned upon bigly.
And yes, some situations - overly public things- are really bad and unecessary.

There's a huge disconnect with the ME generations we've raised and respect for AnY authority.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT