ADVERTISEMENT

***USMNT vs Wales World Cup Group B***

Getting a thread rolling for tomorrow. Game is on FOX at 2:00 pm from Al Rayyan. Hopefully, GGg doesn’t screw this up. Kind of a must win game. Need at least 1 point, but probably 3.
Yeah we really need 3 but you never know until it plays out but that would certainly get us started on the right foot. I look forward to it my son is taking a day off work as am I to watch the game together. He is driving from Savannah to Summerville to watch it with me.

I have low expectations. Gareth Bale is probably going to put two into the top corner off of set pieces and we’ll have to hope for a result against England. Hope I am wrong.

Reactions: MaxCalifornia
I have low expectations. Gareth Bale is probably going to put two into the top corner off of set pieces and we’ll have to hope for a result against England. Hope I am wrong.
I have low expectations because of Berhalter. If we had a competent manager, I’d be flowing with enthusiasm. TBH the toughest match for us, might be Iran because they play very similar to Canada. Sit back the entire match and counter.

Under GGg, we’ve had a helluva time breaking teams down that park the bus. Build up is too slow and predictable.

It's killing me tomorrow. I have to work, and I won't be able to watch. I'm going to try to DVR and watch when I get home tomorrow at 6. I hate this November World Cup. F Fifa and those greedy MFers

I took tomorrow off for this match - hopefully we play well. Will be really interested to see the opening lineup.
It’s frustrating because if Gregg made a few slight adjustments we’d take off. He’s so married to the 4-3-3 and it doesn’t fit our personnel.

In a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 Tyler Adams could play the double pivot like he does at Leeds and Aaronson could be the CAM. Adams is so good when he has a technical CDM beside him. He’s just not that great on the ball, by himself.

Reyna at RAM/RW and Pulisic at LAM/LW. Only one of McKennie/Musah should start because they are similar players. If we stuck with a 4-3-3, we should have a CAM.

In to follow this thread. I really want to believe we can make it out of the group….but GGG is incompetent, and I don’t know if we will finish better than 1-1-1 and bounced out of the group

Getting a thread rolling for tomorrow. Game is on FOX at 2:00 pm from Al Rayyan. Hopefully, GGg doesn’t screw this up. Kind of a must win game. Need at least 1 point, but probably 3.
happy christian pulisic GIF by Gatorade

It’s frustrating because if Gregg made a few slight adjustments we’d take off. He’s so married to the 4-3-3 and it doesn’t fit our personnel.

In a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 Tyler Adams could play the double pivot like he does at Leeds and Aaronson could be the CAM. Adams is so good when he has a technical CDM beside him. He’s just not that great on the ball, by himself.

Reyna at RAM/RW and Pulisic at LAM/LW. Only one of McKennie/Musah should start because they are similar players. If we stuck with a 4-3-3, we should have a CAM.
What would be your setup and starting lineup with our roster?

We can only hope this is the line up because it puts our best 11 out there, but I fear he’s gonna play a true #9.
I really wish we would start Reyna as a False 9 because Ferreira has been terrible against anyone outside of MLS and it keeps us from having to drop Weah or Aaronson.

Aaronson at RW makes no sense because he’s a CAM and most of his pressing abilities are negated on the wing. He’s run more distance than any player in the PL this season. We need him winning the ball in the middle of the field.

I’d love it if we could get Musah to play CAM.

It’s annoying have a log jam of box to box midfielders and then a black hole at striker.

I really wish we would start Reyna as a False 9 because Ferreira has been terrible against anyone outside of MLS and it keeps us from having to drop Weah or Aaronson.

Aaronson at RW makes no sense because he’s a CAM and most of his pressing abilities are negated on the wing. He’s run more distance than any player in the PL this season. We need him winning the ball in the middle of the field.
Totally agree. Him and Adams gotta have more playing time with Leeds than anyone on the team in the ramp up to the WC. Gotta think they are the two most match fit on the team right now. How can you not put them out there?

Totally agree. Him and Adams gotta have more playing time with Leeds than anyone on the team in the ramp up to the WC. Gotta think they are the two fittest on the team right now. How can you not put them out there?
That’s been the biggest complaint with Berhalter. National team coaches are supposed to keep it as similar and simple as possible because they’re only with the players a few weeks out of the year.

Gregg treats the National Team like it’s his club and the players should adapt to a totally different system/formation than what they play at club level.

Reactions: Spencer_York
That’s been the biggest complaint with Berhalter. National team coaches are supposed to keep it as similar and simple as possible because they’re only with the players a few weeks out of the year.

Gregg treats the National Team like it’s his club and the players should adapt to a totally different system/formation than what they play at club level.
Yeah. Pep for 2026!!

I’d love it if we could get Musah to play CAM.

It’s annoying have a log jam of box to box midfielders and then a black hole at striker.
We have a bunch of strikers who want service into the box. These aren’t strikers that can create off the dribble. It’s the reason Weah was so missed the last two months. His service and play during WCQ was unbelievable.

I predict ggg and his normal MLS back line, watching Aaron Long trying to build from the back … Wales will sit in a mid block and choke out any movement midfield, same as Japan and SA exposed us.

Ggg hasn’t shown me the ability to change tactics to the strength of his players. I think we have to win tomorrow. A draw isn’t enough.

We have a bunch of strikers who want service into the box. These aren’t strikers that can create off the dribble. It’s the reason Weah was so missed the last two months. His service and play during WCQ was unbelievable.

I predict ggg and his normal MLS back line, watching Aaron Long trying to build from the back … Wales will sit in a mid block and choke out any movement midfield, same as Japan and SA exposed us.

Ggg hasn’t shown me the ability to change tactics to the strength of his players. I think we have to win tomorrow. A draw is no good.
Don’t shoot the messenger, but apparently GGg has been starting Ream and Zimmerman in training. Would be our best pairing. Ream and Robinson compose the left side of Fulham’s defense and have been awesome this year.

That’s why we should play 4-2-3-1. Leeds uses it, Fulham use it and Pulisic has played in it at times for Chelsea.

Don’t shoot the messenger, but apparently GGg has been starting Ream and Zimmerman in training. Would be our best pairing. Ream and Robinson compose the left side of Fulham’s defense and have been awesome this year.

That’s why we should play 4-2-3-1. Leeds uses it, Fulham use it and Pulisic has played in it at times for Chelsea.
Great. Ream all day over Long. Glad Antonee is back.

Did Chris Richards make the roster? I know he’s been injured at CP.

I tend to think more in terms of role than formation. I'm not sure that we have a 9. We've got guys who can create and a good midfield. Defense is a question mark against elite opponents

I’m so torn with wanting us to do well and wanting triple G out as soon as possible. We have some actual talent to work with these next few years and the longer GGG is in charge the longer we’ll be stuck in neutral.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT