ADVERTISEMENT

We are Absolutely a National Championship caliber team...

haymond1977

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2008
On Defense.

We are a top 15-25 team on offense.

I had someone say on another thread that, and I'm paraphrasing, we need to stop acting as if this is a championship level talented team like in the past. I agree as for as the whole picture, especially at QB, but this defense is Elite! Maybe best we've had. Hear me out!

Health will be crucial as always but we are deep, salty and primed on all 3 levels to be a NC caliber defense.

DE has Woods and Parker. These are not guys that grow on trees! Both have AA level capabilities. Hoffler, Denhoff and Lawson are league avg at absolute worst and I think Mayo is gonna be hard to keep off the field and soon. This group is Top 5 nationally I think.

DT Capehart is a big key! He is a bear inside and we have the depth with Page, Williams, Green and hopefully Burley to keep him fresh. I think this a top 10 group nationally and could be higher.

LB is stacked and I think BC and Woodaz are, at worst, all conference level. Mccloud, Anderson and Crayton are all promising but here is the gamechanger!... Sammy Brown is too special and will be on the field in very short order! He flashed speed, instinct, tackling and that bend on the 1st sack on Saturday was shocking! This group isn't super deep but you're gonna struggle finding a better LB room in the country!

CB Terrell is so technical and only gonna get better. Lucus has NFL traits and every minute he spends with Mike Reed he gets better. His confidence was building all year last season. We are spoiled and reload high level guys each year at CB. Lewis is a playmaking missle! Strozier looks good. Gibson and Feagin are gonna be stars. Great group.

S is full of playmakers and so glad Mickens is back! Barnes makes some mistakes but what a playmaker! Griffith looked like a good one late in the year. Venables will give good leadership and Covil should take another step.

Defense is just nasty and I'm all but sold Wes is the man to lead them. People belly aching about defense having to carry us, it's a hell of a defense!

If we just can get slightly above avg out of our Oline and Mafah stays healthy, we could be an 11-1 team. Wouldn't suprise me if we are 10-2 but wouldn't totally shock me if we were 12-0 either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News