ADVERTISEMENT

Well, TigerGrowls was right about one thing.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. My Grandmother had a pretty challenging bout with dementia, it's a really tough ailment for both family and of course the patient. What branch was he?

My Stepdad had to have shoulder surgery back in 2019. Him and his wife are in Birmingham and I think he went to Maxwell AFB in Montgomery. Had nothing but good things to say about the surgery itself, which isn't surprising as Montgomery is a very nice and modern base but said the challenge was with rehab and there not being an approved facility he could use within a reasonable driving distance. Also said they wouldn't approve private treatment despite that which is likely a flawed process more than anything disingenuous. He also just went through treatment for prostate cancer and said the treatments were at Maxwell multiple times a week.

Agreed, everyone needs the ability to see a doctor when necessary just need to figure out the best way to do it

He was in the Air Force. I should have clarified that they mis-diagnosed him with dementia, when it was actually cancer that had spread to his brain. Not sure if that was clear.

He was in the Air Force. I should have clarified that they mis-diagnosed him with dementia, when it was actually cancer that had spread to his brain. Not sure if that was clear.

Ah, no I didn't pick that up. Even worse and I'm really sorry. Did he retire USAF?

Ah, no I didn't pick that up. Even worse and I'm really sorry. Did he retire USAF?

It's fine now - that was 20 years ago. I was just pointing out the ineptitude of the VA. No, he did not retire with the Air Force.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT