ADVERTISEMENT

Wes Goodwin

wvatiger13

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2010
There’s an interesting debate going on here about our DC. Is he good? Does he suck? Who is right? I’ll admit I’ve been in the camp that Wes was an awful hire. I’m still shocked Dabo replaced the best DC in the country with a guy who had never played or been a position coach. It was either ballsy or insane. Time will tell.

But looking at the stats so far, the Rain Man apologists do have a point. Statistically our D has been pretty good so far. I think near top ten in Total D, Pass Efficiency, Rushing D, etc.

The one area that seems to be lacking where we were previously almost always 1 or 2 is TFL and Sacks. I’m wondering if maybe Goodwin employs more of a bend but don’t break style where Venables was more aggressive? So it looks “softer” to our eyes? I’m really not sure. I don’t think Carter and Trotter have looked nearly as good as I expected this year and he’s the position coach so it makes me question him even more.

BUT, the results, at least statistically, have been pretty good. So do y’all think that maybe it’s his less aggressive style that makes some of us think he’s not very good? BV was always going to be a tough act to follow….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News