ADVERTISEMENT

What’s it gonna take to fix this?

CU_4734

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2016
And yes I mean gun violence. A country full of mental health issues and the easiest thing you can buy is a gun. Crazy shit that a family can’t go celebrate a parade without this happening. Crazy “woman” shoots up a church. And this list could go on for a while….

Last edited:
Reactions: dpic73
And yes I mean gun violence. A country full of mental health issues and the easiest thing you can buy is a gun. Crazy shit that a family can’t go celebrate a parade without this happening. Crazy woman shoots up a church. And this list could go on for a while….
Unless you go door to door and take all guns away from the people. This will not end. There will always be murders.

And yes I mean gun violence. A country full of mental health issues and the easiest thing you can buy is a gun. Crazy shit that a family can’t go celebrate a parade without this happening. Crazy “woman” shoots up a church. And this list could go on for a while….
It's going to take a radical re-writing of our gun laws, in a way that severely limits the ability of people to get guns, as well as which guns they can get. That's it. Nothing else will change anything. Nothing else. Literally nothing else.

It's going to take a radical re-writing of our gun laws, in a way that severely limits the ability of people to get guns, as well as which guns they can get. That's it. Nothing else will change anything. Nothing else. Literally nothing else.
And zero tolerance on illegal gun possession.

That won’t help. The areas with the strictest gun laws already have the most gun violence.

Clueless, geez I don't blame your neighbors for hoping you leave soon.

Tell that re-writing of gun laws to Obama and Holder when they're arming Mexican cartels.

If you even attempt to say "well he was exonerated" then you truly are a dumbass and the root of the problems by condoning what everyone here in Mexico knows what they did.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Rumor on the street is that the shooter was the head of a gang and had been involved in other shootings recently (possibly 2 other shootings, one with 6 people injured) and was not charged and was released.

But change those gun laws 🙄. Let’s get more laws to handcuff law abiding citizens while we don’t enforce our current laws and release the thugs back into the street. #DoesNotCompute

We will see if the rumors pan out.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerGrowls
The lying dishonest politicians require us to keep firearms to defend us from tyranny.

Unfortunately, gun violence is the cost of Freedom.
you are the dumbest fvck on this board. again posting about how you think you have a chance against the US military with your 40 ARs and body armor from the surplus store.

Reactions: flotiger and dpic73
Clueless, geez I don't blame your neighbors for hoping you leave soon.

Tell that re-writing of gun laws to Obama and Holder when they're arming Mexican cartels.

If you even attempt to say "well he was exonerated" then you truly are a dumbass and the root of the problems by condoning what everyone here in Mexico knows what they did.
Agent @Cabotiger is on the case

Rumor on the street is that the shooter was the head of a gang and had been involved in other shootings recently (possibly 2 other shootings, one with 6 people injured) and was not charged and was released.

But change those gun laws 🙄. Let’s get more laws to handcuff law abiding citizens while we don’t enforce our current laws and release the thugs back into the street. #DoesNotCompute

We will see if the rumors pan out.
Who said rewriting laws will hurt law abiding citizens? Law abiding citizens won’t be affected by making it harder to get a gun and extremely harsher penalties for having one illegally.

Reactions: flotiger
you are the dumbest fvck on this board. again posting about how you think you have a chance against the US military with your 40 ARs and body armor from the surplus store.
Exactly why we need to be armed. The US military should never be turned against it's own people. It's for national defense. We have National Guard for domestic issues.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
Exactly why we need to be armed. The US military should never be turned against it's own people. It's for national defense. We have National Guard for domestic issues.
as a test to see how moronic you really are; write out in plain English that you think you could take on the US army and win.

This thread is a microcosm of why nothing will ever happen to fix this issue in America. I get people not liking the idea of stricter gun laws, but to say it won’t work despite all evidence to the contrary is just silly. There’s proof all over the world of stricter gun laws curbing gun deaths. Looking at gun violence in Central America and then saying “see they still have gun deaths!” is incredibly disingenuous.

The fact is, hardline gun owners don’t want to deal with any additional hassle with gun ownership as they don’t see themselves as the problem. Unfortunately, that’s not really how society works. The bad actors have ruined it for everyone else, so now it’s everyone else’s responsibility to deal with a little headache to ensure the greater peace.

Please stop thinking you hoarding guns is going to stop the government from walking all over you should they wish it. Too many gun owning lunatics have the desire to live out some weird Red Dawn fantasy.

This thread is a microcosm of why nothing will ever happen to fix this issue in America. I get people not liking the idea of stricter gun laws, but to say it won’t work despite all evidence to the contrary is just silly. There’s proof all over the world of stricter gun laws curbing gun deaths. Looking at gun violence in Central America and then saying “see they still have gun deaths!” is incredibly disingenuous.

The fact is, hardline gun owners don’t want to deal with any additional hassle with gun ownership as they don’t see themselves as the problem. Unfortunately, that’s not really how society works. The bad actors have ruined it for everyone else, so now it’s everyone else’s responsibility to deal with a little headache to ensure the greater peace.

Please stop thinking you hoarding guns is going to stop the government from walking all over you should they wish it. Too many gun owning lunatics have the desire to live out some weird Red Dawn fantasy
Kinda hard to have gun control in California when you can drive to Arizona and get what you want. But then you propose that something be done on the national level, and they foam at the mouth.

Let’s be tough as hell on crime because that will work, but no no no, if you’re tough on guns it won’t help

Kinda hard to have gun control in California when you can drive to Arizona and get what you want. But then you propose that something be done on the national level, and they foam at the mouth.

Let’s be tough as hell on crime because that will work, but no no no, if you’re tough on guns it won’t help
Look at all the gun violence in Chicago, they have such strict laws!! Please disregard that Indiana, with some of the weakest gun laws in the country - and where 70% of guns confiscated in Chicago come from - is only 30min away.

Reactions: dpic73 and flotiger
Lol. Exactly. Military will drop a cruise missile on their head from 500 miles away. Or a drone. Founders had the right ideas for the times, and self protection is a right we should all have. But to think that some militia is going to thwart the US government is ludicrous.

Reactions: dpic73 and DW4_2016
Look at all the gun violence in Chicago, they have such strict laws!! Please disregard that Indiana, with some of the weakest gun laws in the country - and where 70% of guns confiscated in Chicago come from - is only 30min away.
May as well look at Mexico too.

Mexico has such strict gun laws, and the cartels run the country!!!

Yeah, because they border a gun market

You’re several times more likely to die to a gun in the United States than any other large, wealthy country.

I wonder what the difference may be between the US and the UK.

The fact that we’re even debating the source of the causation is insane. Just come out and say that you’re fine with tens of thousands of people dying a year to protect your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. At least you’d be an honest scumbag

Being tough on guns would work. However, our constitution prevents that. Thus is why i conclude it is the cost of Freedom. I'm not trying to be snarky.

You guys forgot the following:

And severe confiscation of guns. Near total revocation of individual rights. Near total government control. I'm sure that will work. Let's empower the most corrupt, most morally bankrupt, most ignorant and power hungry people in our society with the ability to strip people of their rights. That will solve the problem.

Wow!

Reactions: fatpiggy
You guys forgot the following:

And severe confiscation of guns. Near total revocation of individual rights. Near total government control. I'm sure that will work. Let's empower the most corrupt, most morally bankrupt, most ignorant and power hungry people in our society with the ability to strip people of their rights. That will solve the problem.

Wow!
Adam Schiff says to trust him, he has it all figured out.

Adam Schiff says to trust him, he has it all figured out.
Look I definitely think there needs to be some upgrades in lobbyist reform for the politicians but the idea that we can’t have it because we don’t trust the government to do it is crazy. Who else will make changes?

Reactions: flotiger
Look I definitely think there needs to be some upgrades in lobbyist reform for the politicians but the idea that we can’t have it because we don’t trust the government to do it is crazy. Who else will make changes?
Lobbyist reform? Adam Schiff isn't a lobbyist. He is a representative of the United States Government who deliberately lied to his constituents and citizens to work agains the interests of the administration. He was never held accountable. He is one among many. Who will make the change?

Being tough on guns would work. However, our constitution prevents that. Thus is why i conclude it is the cost of Freedom. I'm not trying to be snarky.
technically the constitution prevents us from getting tough on muskets, which i dont think anyone is actually worried about.

For those saying stricter gun laws are pointless and we need to (I’m paraphrasing): improve culture, fix the family dynamic, etc. how do you propose we do all that? It sounds like empty buzz phrases, but I don’t see any suggestions on exactly HOW we do that. Can any of you who’ve suggested these solutions propose an idea on how to accomplish them?

@dbjork6317 had a great post in the other thread listing his solutions; it’d be nice if someone on the other end of the debate offered something similar.

Arms bro.
correct. arms circa 1776. (if we can't regulate them, why can't i have unlimited automatic weapons with silencers?)

p.s. you still haven't said outright you can defeat the us military. unsure of your training?

Lobbyist reform? Adam Schiff isn't a lobbyist. He is a representative of the United States Government who deliberately lied to his constituents and citizens to work agains the interests of the administration. He was never held accountable. He is one among many. Who will make the change?
“For the politicians” damn brother!

Money coming from lobbyists make those sob’s corrupt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT