ADVERTISEMENT

What Would Jesus Do?

I own 3 successful businesses. I owned them when Trump was president. I’ve owned them while Biden has been President.

I’m choosing to vote for Trump in November. You want to tell me what I already know, or what’s best for my businesses? You want to post a tweet that should explain to me what is best for what I already know?

I live in reality, and through years of my own experiences, not through someone else’s biased tweet/opinion.

If you can’t understand that, then I have nothing further to say. It’s a waste of my, & your time.
Every respectable economist and financial outlet is coming out saying trump’s policies will increase inflation and exponentially add more to our debt than Kamala’s plan. If you suddenly don’t care about the national debt, or inflation, then sure do whatever you want. It’s just going to make you seem like a massive hypocrite after spending 4 years complaining about both the debt and inflation.

Every respectable economist and financial outlet is coming out saying trump’s policies will increase inflation and exponentially add more to our debt than Kamala’s plan. If you suddenly don’t care about the national debt, or inflation, then sure do whatever you want. It’s just going to make you seem like a massive hypocrite after spending 4 years complaining about both the debt and inflation.
I believe otherwise. Also, are you for an increase in cap gains tax? Unrealized cap gains tax?

The BoTh SiDEs stuff they try to push is really pathetic. It's like saying Clemson and South Carolina are both football programs and thus equivalent.

They are going to vote for a moron who thought stealth fighter jets were literally invisible smh.

BoTh SiDEs

Screenshot-2024-09-06-at-1-27-27-PM.png

YOU ARE REALLY TRYING TOO HARD
WISE MEN PICK THE BEST PATH AND NOT THE PERFECT PATH
SEEK WISDOM IN PICKING THAT PATH

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
Then I rest my case. Don’t speak to something you know nothing about.
Don't speak to the fact that the energy sector is humming in the US like never before and we're more energy independent than ever before?

No offense, but I guarantee you my company moves the needle in the macroeconomy a hell of a lot more than whatever three businesses you own, not that I'm knocking you for being a business owner. Good for you, and I mean that sincerely.

My company operates in terms of billions, so yeah I think I can speak to economic policies. Do you have contacts on Capitol Hill who reach out to you periodically regarding different policies and upcoming votes? I do.

I believe otherwise. Also, are you for an increase in cap gains tax? Unrealized cap gains tax?
I mean, you can believe otherwise but the experts all disagree with you.

No, I’m not but it’s purely from a selfish standpoint. Losing another $.04 on every dollar isn’t going to hurt me, nor is facing a 25% unrealized gains tax which is offset whenever I decide to sell those stocks.

Unrealized gains proposal won’t affect me since I’m not over $100m in net worth, but regardless I think it’s a bad idea because there are better ways to tax the Uber wealthy who always borrow against their assets instead of exercising their options.

I mean, you can believe otherwise but the experts all disagree with you.

No, I’m not but it’s purely from a selfish standpoint. Losing another $.04 on every dollar isn’t going to hurt me, nor is facing a 25% unrealized gains tax which is offset whenever I decide to sell those stocks.

Unrealized gains proposal won’t affect me since I’m not over $100m in net worth, but regardless I think it’s a bad idea because there are better ways to tax the Uber wealthy who always borrow against their assets instead of exercising their options.
The amount of hundred millionaires on TI is truly remarkable haha.

hnmj8caqxl4d1.jpeg

No matter what silly quotes anyone produces from Trump or Kamala, I’m not really in the mood for higher cap gains taxes, or unrealized cap gains taxes.

The history of each’s screwed up quotes doesn’t move me.
I understand. You think Trump is better for you and yours and nothing he does or says makes any difference to you as long as you benefit. At least you are honest about it.

Voting for Trump bc you think he's gonna be better for the economy is the stupidest shit i've ever heard. Practically every economist worth a shit has said his policies are going to destroy the current economy.
To be fair, he didn't say better for the economy as a whole, just him and his family.

I understand. You think Trump is better for you and yours and nothing he does or says makes any difference to you as long as you benefit. At least you are honest about it.
I’m not offended by anything either side says. Conservative values, and Trump’s fiscal policies align more with me & my family.

What’s so difficult to understand about that?

Reactions: hopefultiger13
To be fair, he didn't say better for the economy as a whole, just him and his family.
I’m responsible for my family, no one else’s.

Adding to that, I don’t believe Trump’s policies are bad for the economy, and I don’t take advice from tweeters who live in a theoretical world, and not the real one.

You guys keep trying to paint me as a selfish person, and you have no idea.

I’m not offended by anything either side says. Conservative values, and Trump’s fiscal policies align more with me & my family.

What’s so difficult to understand about that?
I understand the fiscal policies for sure. That's what's driving you. I get it. I'm not sure about the conservative values though.

I’m responsible for my family, no one else’s.

Adding to that, I don’t believe Trump’s policies are bad for the economy, and I don’t take advice from tweeters who live in a theoretical world, and not the real one.

You guys keep trying to paint me as a selfish person, and you have no idea.
I was just clarifying that certain policies are going to affect people differently based on a lot of factors, and you never claimed that the economy will be better, just that you think those policies will be better for you and yours.

WAP seems to be saying that there seems to be pretty close to a consensus from a lot of economists on which will be better for the economy as a whole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT