ADVERTISEMENT

When Clemson plays the Black National Anthem before games

Will you boo during the Black National Anthem when played in Death Valley this season?

• Yes

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 66 73.3%

• Total voters

Steven15

Woodrush
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2011
Will you boo? Curious on how this is gonna go after seeing Texans vs Chiefs last night.

Will you boo? Curious on how this is gonna go after seeing Texans vs Chiefs last night.

Boo? Of course not. Wonder if the gradual reinstitution of separate but equal and the siloed special treatment of certain groups in certain circumstances and places is really the best way to go about unifying people? Yeah. I’ll do that. I’ll do it quietly, though. For now.

Seems divisive and off message unless there is some background information for the fans as to what it represents and inclusion of all minorities - black, red, yellow and brown, but I would never boo.

I boo bad officiating, and that's it. I don't boo the other team's entrance as it only takes away from Running Down The Hill.

Until college players become professional athletes, I will not boo their play.

I'm OLD!

Last edited:
i hope they play the asian and hispanic versions too

the native amrcians should have a song too

i think they have to play all versions

if they just play black that would be racist

How long will all that take. Will we still have time to play football?

How long will all that take. Will we still have time to play football?

if you are the AD you have to tell the kids that

we have 1 national anthem for ALL of us.

then all races have their own

so we play the 1 for ALL

or we have to play the ones of all the students

either or

no special treatment to any race

wait a minute

i am not going to kneel

i am not interested in a hall of fame type scenario

i wil sit

giphy.gif

still have a beer in 1 hand tho

I won't boo because I will never attend a a Clemson football game again. I may not even watch on TV.

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE

TO

tenor.gif

ONE NATION

UNDER MANY GODS

INDIVISiBLE UNLESS YOU LISTEN TO THE MEDIA AND/OR DEMOCRATS

FOR LIBERTY

AND JUSTICE

FOR ALL

ESPECIALLY BLACK PEOPLE

Other minorities have been here less years and are thriving. Asians, Indians, and Hispanics are family oriented, hard working and stat out of trouble.
Every single police incident involved a felon resisting arrest.
The chief fans probaly would have appreciated honoring 911 victims and first responders, instead of career criminals with sexual assault and robbery rap sheets.

Reactions: jakefest
Other minorities have been here less years and are thriving. Asians, Indians, and Hispanics are family oriented, hard working and stat out of trouble.
The chief fans probaly would have appreciated honoring 911 victims and first responders, instead of career criminals with sexual assault and robbery rap sheets.

makes no sense i know

i think the democratic policies have made a majority of a race of humans ashamed of themselves

its horrible that they feel like they dont fit in

just horrible for black people

everything is right in front of them to make of themselves whatever they dream

but they refuse to reach

reminds me of the adage of being stuck in a well

democrats throw down food and comfort

republicans throw down the tools to build a ladder

the democrats will comfort you

the republicans will work you

which one makes your life better

There is only one national anthem. If you want to have another national anthem then go setup up your own country

Interesting point - so the minority that has struggled is the only one who was brought to the U.S. against their will, enslaved, and subject to systemic racism post-enslavement.

I struggle to understand why some people are so vehemently against peaceful actions that protest ongoing injustices and are calls to action. I’d wager serious $ that those who have posted above me on this are white, grew up (and likely still reside) in predominantly white communities, and have not once personally experienced or witnessed any form of racial profiling or injustice. I’d encourage all of you to listen a little more closely to the message and to not get distracted by the small percentage of protestors causing property damage and/or physical harm. Perhaps you could speak with black people you do or don’t know to understand their experiences and current views.

makes no sense i know

i think the democratic policies have made a majority of a race of humans ashamed of themselves

its horrible that they feel like they dont fit in

just horrible for black people

everything is right in front of them to make of themselves whatever they dream

but they refuse to reach

reminds me of the adage of being stuck in a well

democrats throw down food and comfort

republicans throw down the tools to build a ladder

the democrats will comfort you

the republicans will work you

which one makes your life better

Interesting point - so the minority that has struggled is the only one who was brought to the U.S. against their will, enslaved, and subject to systemic racism post-enslavement.

how many generations you need to pull yourself out of poverty

asians and hispanics seemed to do just fine against this so called

SYSTEMIC RACISM

the boogey man gonna get ya.....

so freaking stupid

how many generations you need to pull yourself out of poverty

asians and hispanics seemed to do just fine against this so called

SYSTEMIC RACISM

the boogey man gonna get ya.....

so freaking stupid

dude ive been watching local news channels from around the country since that jackass george floyd doing drugs got himself killed

and the one thing i noticed in every single big city

BLACK PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING BLACK PEOPLE

thats not

SYSTEMIC RACISM

who won last night?

im not watching the NFL this year either. only clemson games

i quit watching NBA, MLB, and MLS games due to their politicization of the games.

at first i was like i cant do this

but after missing a few braves games, or united or lakers,

i am watching highlights from local channels not espn

im boycotting espn too.

you really do find alot of other cool things to do

I struggle to understand why some people are so vehemently against peaceful actions that protest ongoing injustices and are calls to action. I’d wager serious $ that those who have posted above me on this are white, grew up (and likely still reside) in predominantly white communities, and have not once personally experienced or witnessed any form of racial profiling or injustice. I’d encourage all of you to listen a little more closely to the message and to not get distracted by the small percentage of protestors causing property damage and/or physical harm. Perhaps you could speak with black people you do or don’t know to understand their experiences and current views.

What about these people?

Reactions: scartiger
He did and here we are

he didnt divide the country on race

that was the democrats and the media

trump's division

was

the americans who have families and work hard to pay taxes

v

the swamp creatures

NEVER DID TRUMP MENTION ANYTHING TO DIVIDE US BY RACE

that was all

on the media and the democrats

dont try to blame trump for this mess

not going to spin it here buddy

I'd like to think Clemson won't change anything for the pregame as we are a united community, but judging by some of the comments above that is obviously wishful thinking. Would I support the playing of a Black anthem, simply no. I think any race specific message only creates and supports divisiveness which our culture needs to get away from in my opinion. Would I make it a big deal if one is played, simply no. There are far more important battles for each of us to worry about.

I'd like to think Clemson won't change anything for the pregame as we are a united community, but judging by some of the comments above that is obviously wishful thinking. Would I support the playing of a Black anthem, simply no. I think any race specific message only creates and supports divisiveness which our culture needs to get away from in my opinion. Would I make it a big deal if one is played, simply no. There are far more important battles for each of us to worry about.

Well said

have not once personally experienced or witnessed any form of racial profiling or injustice.

the world is not perfect

but america is as close to it as you can come

and behaving like this is not a unification message

its a message of hate

instead of taking those experiences and trying to make white people feel sorry for you

why not

utilize it as internal fuel to prove the naysayers wrong and make something of yourself

which means

you do not need others in the community to help keep you up

be proud and lucky you are living in america right now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT