ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s going to explain to Trump who pays tariffs?

kgwillison

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jul 8, 2010
Washington, DC
Why don’t his economic advisors sit down with him and explain, “No, sir, foreign countries don’t pay tariffs, Americans do. That’s why VP Harris is correct when she says they are a tax on US consumers.”

I hope VP Harris schools him during the debate about tariffs. Or is he too dense to understand?

Reactions: yoshi121374
Why don’t his economic advisors sit down with him and explain, “No, sir, foreign countries don’t pay tariffs, Americans do. That’s why VP Harris is correct when she says they are a tax on US consumers.”

I hope VP Harris schools him during the debate about tariffs. Or is he too dense to understand?
Why did China Joe and the dirty dems leave the Trump tariffs in place then?

Reactions: fatpiggy
Trump wants to put tariffs on every thing that is imported. But I hate tariffs unless there is dumping going on. It drives up prices for consumers.

I am a person who loves free trade and thinks countries ought to produce what they can do so when they have an economic advantage. For the U.S., that is services, not manufacturing. I don’t want to pay $5,000 for my next iPhone just so it can be built in Kansas. I don’t want my next pair of HOKAs to cost $1,000 so they aren’t made in Vietnam.

Trump wants to put tariffs on every thing that is imported. But I hate tariffs unless there is dumping going on. It drives up prices for consumers.

I am a person who loves free trade and thinks countries ought to produce what they can do so when they have an economic advantage. For the U.S., that is services, not manufacturing. I don’t want to pay $5,000 for my next iPhone just so it can be built in Kansas. I don’t want my next pair of HOKAs to cost $1,000 so they aren’t made in Vietnam.
Trump has never proposed across the board tariffs to my knowledge.

Why did China Joe and the dirty dems leave the Trump tariffs in place then?
Because in 2020 the Trump administration made a deal with the Chinese to lower tariffs if the Chinese met certain commitments in terms of purchasing American goods and the Chinese did not meet those commitments so the Biden Admin honored the deal the Trump admin made.

These tariffs have cost American businesses hundreds of billions, much of which is passed on to the consumer. If you think inflation has been bad the last few years wait until a new Trump admin puts 100+% tariffs on everything

Because in 2020 the Trump administration made a deal with the Chinese to lower tariffs if the Chinese met certain commitments in terms of purchasing American goods and the Chinese did not meet those commitments so the Biden Admin honored the deal the Trump admin made.

These tariffs have cost American businesses hundreds of billions, much of which is passed on to the consumer. If you think inflation has been bad the last few years wait until a new Trump admin puts 100+% tariffs on everything
Lame excuse. They left it on because it was good business for the American taxpayers. F**k the American businesses building shit in China and wanting to ship it back in here tariff free. Let's onshore them again

Reactions: fatpiggy
Lame excuse. They left it on because it was good business for the American taxpayers. F**k the American businesses building shit in China and wanting to ship it back in here tariff free. Let's onshore them again
You do know that Trump paid higher income taxes in China than he did in the US? .....lmao

At best, tariffs are only a short term solution, if any solution at all. Now, microchip production is the way to beat China. And the microchip component of Biden's IRA is just starting to get off the ground. China recently invested 50 billion in their microchip because of Joe's legislation to position the US as the leading microchip producer in the world. Thank you, Sleepy Joe for this bipartisan deal. . Dont ask me why Trump couldnt do this when he had control of both houses of Congress. I guess massive tax cuts for the ultra wealthy were more important.

This would also create inflation. I’m not saying we shouldn’t want to bring business back, but you can’t constantly rail against inflation and then support policies that would create more.
Well right now we have inflation anyway so bringing more high quality jobs here is a winner even if it results in some associated inflation. People have prospects and options if they have a high quality job producing good income imo.

Well right now we have inflation anyway so bringing more high quality jobs here is a winner even if it results in some associated inflation. People have prospects and options if they have a high quality job producing good income imo.
It’s odd to me what inflation causing policies you’ll accept and which ones you won’t. Universal health care would also create many, many more options for people and create a need for employers to become more competitive around pay in order to attract workers, yet I’m guessing you won’t support that.

It’s odd to me what inflation causing policies you’ll accept and which ones you won’t. Universal health care would also create many, many more options for people and create a need for employers to become more competitive around pay in order to attract workers, yet I’m guessing you won’t support that.
You can’t be serious.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
The govt would totally obliterate health care quality and accessibility in a timely manner along with taxing us into oblivion to pay for it.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
The govt would totally obliterate health care quality and accessibility in a timely manner along with taxing us into oblivion to pay for it.
Why would health care be obliterated? We see fairly successful gov run healthcare with Medicaid, and there a many examples worldwide of national healthcare being extremely successful.

And how much more do you think would come out of the average American’s paycheck? You’re already being taxed on Medicare/medicaid and many are already paying hundreds per month for employer based health insurance, which would completely go away.

Now contrast that with the sudden freedom every American would have to leave a job they don’t like or that doesn’t pay well and find another, better job without having to worry about health insurance lapsing, think about how many working parents would be able to now stay home and care for their children rather than paying absolutely ludicrous child care costs.

It’s hard to see how anyone can argue it wouldn’t be a net positive.

Why didn’t he put 100% tariffs on everything his first term? Off I see, you are just making shit up.

If he were to put 100% tariffs it would com alongside the elimination of the income tax like he said.

Spare us you inflation worries. Inflation was 1.9%, under the stated goal, under Trump and over 5% for Bidenomics.

Leftist struggle understanding economics and the deep game behind it. Its not Trump doesnt know what tarifs are and do, its leftist dont understand how the game works and why you raise tariffs. There is a cause and effect going on. They want to sell us their stuff but wont let us sell our products there without them imposing tariffs on our stuff. That jacks the prices up for our products there and thus they dont sell well. So we raise tariffs on their products here to have the same effect. So if they want to sell here without tariffs then they need to drop the tariffs on our imports, cause and effect...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT