ADVERTISEMENT

Who is going to the march at Clemson Saturday.

Seen enough protesting for 3 lifetimes, probably going to sit this one out. You can ban the confederate flag, you can remove Tillman....I am good with that as nobody gives a sh** anymore about either one of those items for the most part. And Tillman was certifiably racist so yea he can go.

1. I do worry that this is going to draw major antifa supporters into town, and that scares the hell out of me. I do not want our university burned to the ground by people being bused in from Atlanta who know nothing about our community

2. I worry about this turning into a huge jock sniffer event with more people just wanting to hang around the athletes/get autographs/rub elbows.

3. Id rather not have an outbreak of Covid right now on our campus from all of these people traveling in. Not because i think it is what is being reported, but because the optics of an outbreak at the university will ignite the David Hales, Dan WOKENS of the world to call off everything.

Also, I would like to add this. If we remove the statues of everyone who was racist (which is fine with me) we better be ready to turn over some stones on people who have some skeletons in their closet as well....lets just say MLK had his skeletons as well and it dealt within the gay community. So just get ready for that...

Last edited:
I was waiting for the predictable folks. We are going for the cause. We have never been jock sniffers. We have zero autographs and we go to all home games.

My opinion is we should quit wallowing around in the mud with this BS. These guys were Uber racists. Times have changed. We have evolved as a country. Black folks pay taxes and pursue happiness too. Tillman has was a forced name decades after the fact. Change it to something EVERYONE likes and roll the hell on. To keep it the same is being backwards, obstinate, uncaring, and narrow minded.

This is my stance as well. The statues and names that were placed on buildings, at least many, were put there by people like the 'Daughters of the Confedercy' for reasons we all know wasn't just about 'Pride'. The Civil War is a blackeye on this country and while I agree historically we should protect battlefields and the honor of these men, we don't have to honor them on our shared equally owned spaces. Let those be for the people and by the people...

This is my stance as well. The statues and names that were placed on buildings, at least many, were put there by people like the 'Daughters of the Confedercy' for reasons we all know wasn't just about 'Pride'. The Civil War is a blackeye on this country and while I agree historically we should protect battlefields and the honor of these men, we don't have to honor them on our shared equally owned spaces. Let those be for the people and by the people...
I wish we had ran as far away from the Civil War/Confederacy as possible like Germany did from WWII/Nazis

Last edited:
Cuz if we didn’t have white supremacists and police brutality, they wouldn’t have to be as mad all the time?

I do think white supremacists exist, but did you know that the raised fist in the air is actually called the black power fist and was big in black supremacists groups such as the Black Panthers. That is history. They were a militant black power force that murdered, tortured, assaulted, and were literally some of the worst people on the planet at times.

So I would like to add.

Tillman is offensive. I have no problem taking it down. On the other side of this is the black power fist raised in the air that is absolutely synonymous with the Black Panther Party. White power groups also used the hand raised in the air to signify their white power. I think it would be fair to assume to both races that we not use that gesture anymore. It is a gesture used by supremacy groups on both sides.

And lastly....

If paw patrol is being discussed about a puppy who wears a police uniform what do you think Disney/Marvel are thinking right now about "Black Panther". The Black Panther Party not only said "Kill Those Pigs" towards police officers, they actually did it. They were cold blooded murderers that committed thousands of hate crimes.

I do think white supremacists exist, but did you know that the raised fist in the air is actually called the black power fist and was big in black supremacists groups such as the Black Panthers. That is history. They were a militant black power force that murdered, tortured, assaulted, and were literally some of the worst people on the planet at times.

So I would like to add.

Tillman is offensive. I have no problem taking it down. On the other side of this is the black power fist raised in the air that is absolutely synonymous with the Black Panther Party. White power groups also used the hand raised in the air to signify their white power. I think it would be fair to assume to both races that we not use that gesture anymore. It is a gesture used by supremacy groups on both sides.

And lastly....

If paw patrol is being discussed about a puppy who wears a police uniform what do you think Disney/Marvel are thinking right now about "Black Panther". The Black Panther Party not only said "Kill Those Pigs" towards police officers, they actually did it. They were cold blooded murderers that committed thousands of hate crimes.
LoL

everyone one of us for ending police brutality against any subject in custody not resisting arrest.

now-for those resisting arrest or fleeing from criminal activity= if the officers cannot determine how armed the subjects are

what should they do-

turn and forget about

shoot them

just follow them

what should be the protocol

If you do not show up with Darcy that'll be two less antagonist he will not have to worry about.

darcy's mom and her friends would be right in the middle of CHAZ/

I spent 6 years living amongst that group. I thought liberal meant they were open minded.

They were not. They hate anyone who has a bank account. They hate anyone who sends their kids to schools. They hate anyone who invest in the stock market.

These are not rational people.

They have no problem with violence although they speak to the contrary.

They, including Natalie, HATE ALL BLACK MALES WHO HAVE ABANDONED THEIR CHILDREN. THEY DO NOT LIKE BLACK MALES AT ALL.

so go ahead and make snide comment about my son since you have nothing intellectual to offer

you are a good person I can tell

Seen enough protesting for 3 lifetimes, probably going to sit this one out. You can ban the confederate flag, you can remove Tillman....I am good with that as nobody gives a sh** anymore about either one of those items for the most part. And Tillman was certifiably racist so yea he can go.

1. I do worry that this is going to draw major antifa supporters into town, and that scares the hell out of me. I do not want our university burned to the ground by people being bused in from Atlanta who know nothing about our community

2. I worry about this turning into a huge jock sniffer event with more people just wanting to hang around the athletes/get autographs/rub elbows.

3. Id rather not have an outbreak of Covid right now on our campus from all of these people traveling in. Not because i think it is what is being reported, but because the optics of an outbreak at the university will ignite the David Hales, Dan WOKENS of the world to call off everything.

Also, I would like to add this. If we remove the statues of everyone who was racist (which is fine with me) we better be ready to turn over some stones on people who have some skeletons in their closet as well....lets just say MLK had his skeletons as well and it dealt within the gay community. So just get ready for that...
The whole Antifa bus thing is a myth.

Also white supremacists flying rebel flags and shouting the N-word as they drive past. That's what happened at the Sikes Hall sit-in a few years ago.

Could happen but I think the team is intelligent and composed enough to not let that get to them. Just let it go by. It would suck but if you handle it right it only makes those doing that stuff look like fools.

My point is that there could possibly be people posing as protesters that try to start crap up for their own reasons - similar to what we appear to be seeing in other protests.

Clemson's size makes this less likely, vs Atlanta, NYC, etc. Anyone or group who smashes a window or turns a car over is going to be noticed pretty damn quick and dealt with. But then the narrative becomes "Clemson Football Team March turns violent" or something.

This does not MEAN that this should not happen. It means that the team and any other marchers need to be aware of the threat and ready to deal with it.

Last edited:
darcy's mom and her friends would be right in the middle of CHAZ/

I spent 6 years living amongst that group. I thought liberal meant they were open minded.

They were not. They hate anyone who has a bank account. They hate anyone who sends their kids to schools. They hate anyone who invest in the stock market.

These are not rational people.

They have no problem with violence although they speak to the contrary.

They, including Natalie, HATE ALL BLACK MALES WHO HAVE ABANDONED THEIR CHILDREN. THEY DO NOT LIKE BLACK MALES AT ALL.

so go ahead and make snide comment about my son since you have nothing intellectual to offer

you are a good person I can tell
That is a lot of "stupid" in one place. Glad you found Darcy and your mental stability

Here I had concerns about the very fine people from Charlotte and other areas showing up yelling "Blacks are not going to replace us" while wearing khakis and carrying a yard torch.
Ah .... going that way with it ... well ... I think my post would still apply. If Bubba, Billy Bob, and Cletus want to pick a fight a with 85? 120 D1 football players ....

giphy.gif

I was waiting for the predictable folks. We are going for the cause. We have never been jock sniffers. We have zero autographs and we go to all home games.

My opinion is we should quit wallowing around in the mud with this BS. These guys were Uber racists. Times have changed. We have evolved as a country. Black folks pay taxes and pursue happiness too. Tillman has was a forced name decades after the fact. Change it to something EVERYONE likes and roll the hell on. To keep it the same is being backwards, obstinate, uncaring, and narrow minded.
I was genuinely curious. As far as the second paragraph, it's easier to make that argument about Tillman than it is about Calhoun. And, of course, naming something for a person will always be risky because somebody will always disagree with anybody who much of an interesting life. But what I was wondering is if this march is mostly about building name changes, or whether it's about general issues related to George Floyd being killed by police in Minnesota.

Last edited:
Reactions: CUFever91

Why is racism funny to you? Do you really want me to get in depth about the Black Panther Party?

I can keep it general, but here is something you need to know before you take up for them. The founders of that party raped white women as an act of insurrection. Please do some research on Eldridge Cleaver. Eldridge ran the Black Panther Party for a time period. He was an awful human being and in now way should the Black Panther Party be celebrated.

Come back and tell me why this is ok to you.

You are sitting here fighting tooth and nail against racism, but refuse to have "THIS UNCOMFORTABLE CONVERSATION"

Last edited:
Why is racism funny to you? Do you really want me to get in depth about the Black Panther Party?

I can keep it general, but here is something you need to know before you take up for them. The founders of that party raped white women as an act of insurrection. Please do some research on Eldridge Cleaver. Eldridge ran the Black Panther Party for a time period. He was an awful human being and in now way should the Black Panther Party be celebrated.

Come back and tell me why this is ok to you.

You are sitting here fighting tooth and nail against racism, but refuse to have "THIS UNCOMFORTABLE CONVERSATION"
LMFAO x 2

I wish we had ran as far away from the Civil War/Confederacy as possible like German did from WWII/Nazis

Yes. The white supremacist clowns never stop to think if the South has "won" what things would look like.

Besides the awful atrocities of slavery - the rednecks would be in much worse condition. Those rich with plantations and slaves would have monopolies with free labor that those without could never compete. It would be a feudal system with little fiefdoms everywhere. And the white supremacists are the very down and out that would not have had plantations.

My great great great grandad faught in the "civil" war from Alabama. He wrote his wife every 3 days. She kept all the letters. A cousin of mine getting his PhD in history at Auburn put them all in a book and footnoted them with the context where he was, in what battle, and in who's army. It was AWFUL. It was not glorious by any stretch. He spent much more time suffering from dissentary and consumption. His family was at home on their poor farm (no slaves). Life sucked for them as well. He only went because it was perceived as the duty for his state. He didn't believe in slaves.

We better be glad those days are "gone with the wind" for MANY reasons. We can't erase history nor should we. We CAN quit romantasizing an awful period in our history and the dirt bags that lead it. And we CAN provide equality and decency to all.

Take the d_mn names down.

Reactions: Chefkdh
I was legitimately curious. As far as the second paragraph, it's easier to make that argument about Tillman than it is about Calhoun. And, of course, naming something for a person will always be risky because somebody will always disagree with anybody who much of an interesting life. But what I was wondering is if this march is mostly about building name changes, or whether it's about general issues related to George Floyd being killed by police in Minnesota.

Sorry I snapped at you. I apologize.

For me it's both. My grandad was police chief in our town for 25 years. Now granted it was not a big city. But he would use force judiciously. Sometimes letting someone get away if the crime did not outweigh seriously hurting someone. They would be called dealt with later. He would also not chase traffic offenders that ran. He was more worried about innocent people that may get injured in a high speed chase.

These powerful police unions in the cities spend tons of money defending terrible cops and practices. I am absolutely for good cops and not condemning all of them. I am no "woke" person by any stretch. But there is an in-between. And defunding police unions, not police per se, could be a good start.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
Sorry I snapped at you. I apologize.

For me it's both. My grandad was police chief in our town for 25 years. Now granted it was not a big city. But he would use force judiciously. Sometimes letting someone get away if the crime did not outweigh seriously hurting someone. They would be called dealt with later. He would also not chase traffic offenders that ran. He was more worried about innocent people that may get injured in a high speed chase.

These powerful police unions in the cities spend tons of money defending terrible cops and practices. I am absolutely for good cops and not condemning all of them. I am no "woke" person by any stretch. But there is an in-between. And defunding police unions, not police per se, could be a good start.
I know some cities have actually disbanded their police forces in order to get rid of unions, and then re-hired all the police. Maybe that's an option.

Reactions: CUFever91
I know some cities have actually disbanded their police forces in order to get rid of unions, and then re-hired all the police. Maybe that's an option.

Didn't know that. Sounds like a good idea. Whatever works. Like a lot of unions, they start out for a very good reason and then lose their way.

Can anyone tell me about where we should probably park and what time would be good to leave?

ADVERTISEMENT