ADVERTISEMENT

Why DJ isn't coming back next year

gotigers75

Gold Member
May 5, 2008
There seems to be some uncertainty on DJ's possible return to Clemson next season. I argue that it can't happen. If he were to return, I think it is extremely likely that he would be booed loudly at the spring game. That's an image that Dabo, the Clemson football team, and Tiger Nation certainly don't need. And it would continue into next season. Imagine the national narrative about that scenario. It simply can't happen and I think deep in his heart Dabo realizes that. I suspect Dabo will sit down with DJ and suggest that it would be best for both parties that they part ways. I know that will be very hard for him. Dabo is extremely loyal, but a strength taken to extremes becomes a weakness. That seems to be what is happening here.

By all accounts, DJ is a wonderful person and good teammate. I'm sorry that it hasn't worked out for him here. The premier QB's seem to be able to remain calm and process things quickly when all he!! is breaking loose around them. That's just not DJ's makeup. I think we all have behaviors or tendencies that aren't our best when under stress. While we may realize them and want to change, we can't. It's just part of who we are. Streeter can coach all he wants, but I don't see him coaching this out of DJ. Is Cade the answer? Who knows, but it is time we find out. We need to start understanding now what we can expect next year, not waiting until the opener next fall.

Best wishes to DJ whereever he ends up. Maybe a smaller school on the West Coast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News