ADVERTISEMENT

Why so much venom towards Cooper?

ControlledChaos

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2005
I'm confused. Dabo comes out and says Hunter is #2 QB and rather than congratulating the young man who has made significant improvement over the course of his true freshman year, the majority of our fan base is taking the opportunity to attempt to use this as validation that we were right all along. We then start bashing Cooper saying he couldn't play QB for anybody, has always been terrible, was never qualified for the position, should never have been recruited, etc.

All Cooper has done is bust his ass trying to play the position we begged him to come to Clemson and play. Nothing negative has come from him, yet we feel it is appropriate to bash him as well as Dabo's decision to support him.

I don't know the guy from Adam, but I know he is a Tiger and I appreciate everything the young man has done and will continue doing to help our program. I'm also not oblivious to the fact that he is a human being, one that can read, and I think some of us should be embarrassed by the comments being written about him.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. Yes, there is this thing called freedom of speech. Yes, you pay to post on this website. But Yes, you are embarrassing yourself and our school when you make derogatory comments about a 20 year old who has simply done nothing to deserve this response.

It is comforting to know, however, that one of the best college football coaches in the county (if not THE best) has finally developed the evaluation skills of our fan base. It is shocking Dabo has not been able to identify Hunter Johnson was a better back up than Cooper up until this point. Apparently 99% of our fan base has known this all along. I can only hope Dabo will begin reading this message board for player personnel advice moving forward. If this doesn't happen quickly we can certainly expect to lose every game going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News