ADVERTISEMENT

Will SCOTUS Rectify Biden's Awful Student Debt Order?

Shut your mouth, wait on tables, cut my grass, fix my car, fix my AC, and pay my college tuition off. You little nobody .

You make a great point about the Articles which were a total disaster in so many ways. I would agree with you that people like me tend to oversimplify things. But when I look at the giant morass that is our federal apparatus, it's hard not to overreact. There are fundamental duties the government has and some of them, it does do well. We do have the greatest military on Earth.

Certainly during COVID we did see some failures like you highlighted about the N95 masks. No system is going to be perfect but those undeniably concerns we would need to work around. My issue is more around what constitutes the government's duty to provide for the general welfare? Our government is (I believe) the nation's largest employer not including the military. That shouldn't be the case. Our politicians are celebrities now with tremendous influence and power. Way too much for my comfort. (Dr. Fauci getting $50-$100k for speaking fees is evidence of this massive corruption)

So while I agree that we need a competent and (in ways) powerful central government, I would opine that the balance of power is totally out of whack right now. Far too much is being done at the federal level. We should not have a Department of Education. We should not have all these food agencies all functioning under the thumb of the large food companies. We should not have such a robust health apparatus at the government level. We can streamline things and make them much more efficient.
Not to high jack the thread but masks of any type weren’t the answer although I understand some who should’ve been protected couldn’t get them. Most should have lived normally and gotten the virus asap to keep it from mutating nearly as much and develop immunity which would’ve stamped out Covid in months. The PCR tests had a 90% false positive. The true death toll was less than a bad flu season and the vast majority of those that died were people who already had multiple potentially deadly illnesses. Roughly half were in nursing homes and would’ve been dead in less than a year anyway.
Sorry but Covid was nothing but a gigantic lie to seize power and I’ll never get over it.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
Not to high jack the thread but masks of any type weren’t the answer although I understand some who should’ve been protected couldn’t get them. Most should have lived normally and gotten the virus asap to keep it from mutating nearly as much and develop immunity which would’ve stamped out Covid in months. The PCR tests had a 90% false positive. The true death toll was less than a bad flu season and the vast majority of those that died were people who already had multiple potentially deadly illnesses. Roughly half were in nursing homes and would’ve been dead in less than a year anyway.
Sorry but Covid was nothing but a gigantic lie to seize power and I’ll never get over it.
I take the position that society went too far in catering to the concerns of one of its subsets, but let’s not dismiss the deaths of several hundred thousand people. Yeah, we’re all going to die eventually. Doesn’t mean we should shrug our shoulders if a sick person dies or write off the remaining lives of the elderly.

Should probably cite a source for the PCR thing, and the whole, let’s largely do nothing idea runs into the very real possibility that hospitals get full and can’t handle people coming in for heart attacks, car wrecks, whatever.

I don’t hold Fraud Fauci in high regard, but the fog of war isn’t clear. The virus wasn’t some nothing burger. Trump knew as much back in February 2020.

You think Herman Cain is dropping dead from the flu? Closer to home, John Rhodes, former mayor of Myrtle Beach. Decided to take a risk and continue to work at the Beach Ball Classic he’s help run for years, and it unfortunately cost him his life

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT