ADVERTISEMENT

Will Shipley is going to be one of the best backs in the country for the next 2 years

Paws14

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2012
I rewatched some football yesterday while home with a sick wife. Couple of thoughts on Will:
  1. dude has "it" - an unquenchable hunger to fight for every single yard he can get on every carry. Reminds me a lot of Wayne Gallman in that sense. Doesn't go down easy and has a knack for getting to the second level.
  2. Strong leader - will need him to be vocal as we lift this offense out of a dark period of zero leadership. It more than likely aint coming from DJ - someone is gonna have to be a dog next season to will this team over the hump when backs are against the wall. Shipley can be that guy.
  3. His acceleration out of his first cut is insane. One of the best i've seen.
  4. His vision is elite. Knows where to go and makes himself small to squeeze through. Watch him get sideways on some of these runs and you'll be impressed with a freshman knowing how to absorb contact and get through a tight spot.
  5. He has to improve his catching. That's obvious. But when he does this offense will continue to open up. He's got the ability to beat a LB on every play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News