ADVERTISEMENT

With all The Chris Columbus Statues

So my wife and I are watching the Sopranos for the first time. We are about to finish season 6A.

there was a episode where the Italians were vehemently opposed to changing Columbus Day and had a ruckus with some Native Americans. I just find it interesting that Governor Cuomo (NY), a Italian, has also said he doesn’t support removing statues of Columbus.

I just found that funny ...

So my wife and I are watching the Sopranos for the first time. We are about to finish season 6A.

there was a episode where the Italians were vehemently opposed to changing Columbus Day and had a ruckus with some Native Americans. I just find it interesting that Governor Cuomo (NY), a Italian, has also said he doesn’t support removing statues of Columbus.

I just found that funny ...

makes sense. Columbus was lifted up as a hero among the Italian-American population at a time when they weren’t warmly welcomed in the US.

I understand application of today’s rules / needs to today’s culture but I’ve never understood application and judgement of current American standards to cultures and countries centuries past . Thank God that thought has evolved mostly for good . IMHO !

Reactions: FightingDevilTiger
Lol
So true

man when I was doing underground Hispanic league soccer games one time we had to call the swat team out. seemed like it was Honduras versus Guatemala. some of those games were just nuts.

really the only matches I used my red card on a regular basis.

had beer bottles thrown at me. those guys were intensely passionate about a backyard game.

I’ve been out of it for a while. What’s the issue with Christopher Columbus?
He brought the horrible European culture and European civilization to the peaceful, idyllic natives and enabled all the awful things white people have done to everyone by bringing white people to the New World. He's the ur-colonialist of the New World, and therefore nobody should like him.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
He brought the horrible European culture and European civilization to the peaceful, idyllic natives and enabled all the awful things white people have done to everyone by bringing white people to the New World. He's the ur-colonialist of the New World, and therefore nobody should like him.
Thank you. And to that, I'll just say, Good God Almighty.

man when I was doing underground Hispanic league soccer games one time we had to call the swat team out. seemed like it was Honduras versus Guatemala. some of those games were just nuts.

really the only matches I used my red card on a regular basis.

had beer bottles thrown at me. those guys were intensely passionate about a backyard game.

Oh yeah, I went to a local match in Brazil one time. I swear I think people died.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT