ADVERTISEMENT

With McConnell, Desantis, and other prominent republicans now urging everyone to get vaccinated, has anyones mind changed?

Will you get vaccinated?

• I plan to get vaccinated now that there is a bipartisan consensus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

saber8689

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
Just curious if the republican and conservative names coming out strongly in favor of vaccination will change anyone's mind.

Desantis put out one of the strongest statements and said 95% of new covid cases in florida are among unvaccinated folks.

I really hope they stick to their guns. This country would be much, much better off if all the Qanon, anti vaxx people just died.

Reactions: wallaceb
Just curious if the republican and conservative names coming out strongly in favor of vaccination will change anyone's mind.

Desantis put out one of the strongest statements and said 95% of new covid cases in florida are among unvaccinated folks.
Desantis is now fake news deep state undercover China agent

Reactions: Orangeoveralls
What most people of this board should agree on regardless of their views on the vaccine, and I think will agree on, is that we have to resist the continued push of some people on the left to shut everything down again and reimpose mask mandates. There is a vanishing benefit to society at this point, and the pandemic will never end for some people due to their own irrational fears

What most people of this board should agree on regardless of their views on the vaccine, and I think will agree on, is that we have to resist the continued push of some people on the left to shut everything down again and reimpose mask mandates. There is a vanishing benefit to society at this point, and the pandemic will never end for some people due to their own irrational fears

It's certainly frustrating when a group imposes restrictions while seemingly being out of touch with the data.

However, your statement is unfortunately ironic.

Shutting things down and mask mandates would not be required if people were vaccinated. Additionally the "vanishing benefit" (which I assume is the low mortality of the delta variant seen in the us compared to previous waves) is objectively due to vaccinations. The same people who don't want vaccinations, also don't want any mandates at all to help stop the pandemic.

Vaccines are intricately tied with the later part of your statement.

It's certainly frustrating when a group imposes restrictions while seemingly being out of touch with the data.

However, your statement is unfortunately ironic.

Shutting things down and mask mandates would not be required if people were vaccinated. Additionally the "vanishing benefit" (which I assume is the low mortality of the delta variant seen in the us compared to previous waves) is objectively due to vaccinations. The same people who don't want vaccinations, also don't want any mandates at all to help stop the pandemic.

Vaccines are intricately tied with the later part of your statement.
I certainly agree with you that we would be a lot closer to normality with higher levels of vaccination. I am not sure we agree that mask mandates, shut downs, etc. would not be imposed anyway. This is not the case from my personal experience, and it is not the sense I get from reading the political tea leaves. Completely understand your sentiment though.

When wasn't there bipartisan support?

When wasn't there bipartisan support?

I think you would agree that the relative advocacy for the vaccine has been largely skewed to the left since its inception. Though there was some support among the right, there was also strong indifference and even vocal opposition among many politicians from the right.

Vaccination has clearly become a political center point. I tend to think that governors like DeSantis are getting polling data that many of their constituents are unvaccinated and the prompt spread of the Variants will disillusion many of them once they or their loved ones become sick.

I certainly agree with you that we would be a lot closer to normality with higher levels of vaccination. I am not sure we agree that mask mandates, shut downs, etc. would not be imposed anyway. This is not the case from my personal experience, and it is not the sense I get from reading the political tea leaves. Completely understand your sentiment though.
If PCR tests are required for international travel on both sides, how did the Delta variant get into this country?

maybe millions of illegals coming through the border... why don’t you vaccinate them first.

If PCR tests are required for international travel on both sides, how did the Delta variant get into this country?

maybe millions of illegals coming through the border... why don’t you vaccinate them first.
mostly because you have no clue about how science works. sad but true.

Reactions: WapPride
I think you would agree that the relative advocacy for the vaccine has been largely skewed to the left since its inception. Though there was some support among the right, there was also strong indifference and even vocal opposition among many politicians from the right.

Vaccination has clearly become a political center point. I tend to think that governors like DeSantis are getting polling data that many of their constituents are unvaccinated and the prompt spread of the Variants will disillusion many of them once they or their loved ones become sick.

Marquis democrats Kamala Harris and Andrew Cuomo were seeding doubt in the vaccine prior to the election. Harris cast doubt on the vaccine in one of the debates and Cuomo had this to say:

“I’m not that confident,” Cuomo said, adding: “You’re going to say to the American people now, ‘Here’s a vaccine, it was new, it was done quickly, but trust this federal administration and their health administration that it’s safe? And we’re not 100 percent sure of the consequences.’ I think it’s going to be a very skeptical American public about taking the vaccine, and they should be.”

I certainly don't follow the daily commentary closely, but I haven't seen any leading Republicans suggesting that people not get vaccinated. Perhaps they are though?

Republicans by nature are more focused on individual liberties and are also skeptical of the government though, so the party vaccination trend isn't surprising.

I certainly hope not. Anyone who does something because a politician says so is an idiot. People should make choices based on available information. Also- I have not yet heard republicans(politicians) saying do not get the vaccine. Who have you heard say this?

Reactions: T.A. Fulmer
De Santis in particular, and other lowlife Republicans to a lesser degree, are now coming to the realization that their constituents are the ones dying from covid now. They need the votes.

De Santis in particular, and other lowlife Republicans to a lesser degree, are now coming to the realization that their constituents are the ones dying from covid now. They need the votes.

I have no reason to take the experimental vaccine.

Republicans don't follow their leadership like Democrats.

Soon our biggest problem will be inflation and not some flu like virus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT