ADVERTISEMENT

Would you hire this guy?

appalachiatiger

Woodrush
Jan 7, 2009
Asheville NC
A guy has applied for work to wait tables.

Unfortunately he has 2 charges following him.

1- sexually assaulting a 9 year old. Male or female unknown.

And

2- sexually assaulting his 16 year old sister.

So, knowing this, and him seeming to be a good guy outside of his sexual depravity.

Would you hire him for $2.13/hr plus tips?

No on a couple different levels. He’s probably not even supposed to be around minors but even if he’s allowed to legally my conscience wouldn’t let me expose my customers children to be around him. Another thing is if he has to register it could potentially pop up on the internet that you have a pedophile working at your restaurant

Agree with everything so far. I get wanting to hire a guy who maybe is rehabilitating his life or trying to get right. However, sounds like you don’t know if that’s the case. Also the rehabilitation doesn’t need to be a job where he interacts with unsuspecting people, families, and children. Something more labor intensive with minimal interaction is where he needs to start.

I do wonder if we let these types out on the street how are they supposed to support themselves. I suppose a warehouse type job where they aren’t serving customers is more appropriate
Nope, that’s my business and we do not hire people with criminal records like that. Transient job more likely, like construction projects. Don’t put that evil on me lol Also, can’t believe I responded to an app tiger thread

Hell no. I bought a restaurant a few years back and fired a cook I inherited that had a similar conviction. I fired a guy on one of my construction crews when I found out he had a conviction of statuary rape of a 15 year old. I would rather have a meth head on my crew.

Reactions: appalachiatiger
Well guys.

Curve ball time.

He was hired and our company doesn't do background checks apparently.

He has been there at least 6 months.

GM just found out this week.

So

How do you get rid of him?

I don't think we do written warnings for employee files, so all his missed shifts or whatever are probably all just verbal. So a clean employee file.

How do you fire him?

Well guys.

Curve ball time.

So

I don't think we do written warnings for employee files, so all his missed shifts or whatever are probably all just verbal. So a clean employee file.

How do you fire him?
You sneak Chris Hansen in the kitchen and the guy will run like hell.

Well guys.

Curve ball time.

So

How do you fire him?
Start a paper trail on him and begin building your case for dismissal

And

So, knowing this, and him seeming to be a good guy outside of his sexual depravity.

I firmly believe people who commit crimes, get convicted and serve their time deserve an opportunity to re-enter society and otherwise attempt to live the American dream.

But this...this is different. Molesting a 9 year-old isn't something to just look past...and then he has multiple convictions of essentially the same crime!

No way I'd hire this guy.

And

Which member of Congress is this?

Maybe ask him for his side of the story. There are wrongful convictions all the time. Maybe he was just sniffing the 9 year old and lingered a bit too long.

Well guys.

Curve ball time.

So

How do you fire him?
I think the first thing you do is change the hiring process. Then give him a severance package, and let him go for budgetary reasons. Not sure if it's legal, but it's the only way imo.

I think the first thing you do is change the hiring process. Then give him a severance package, and let him go for budgetary reasons. Not sure if it's legal, but it's the only way imo.

Servers or hourly employees don't get severance like college football coaches.

They walk out the door and they and their families are broke immediately.

They don't have time or money to go home and hang out with the kids for a year and figure out what's next.

And

First off, nobody should be hired @ the BS $2.13/hr + tips wage anymore. Min wage is up and will continue to move up, but companies are still allowed to do a wage that was based on something from decades ago?

Secondly, I wouldn't hire that person to work in the service industry. Maybe something where they aren't in contact/have access with the general public.

Servers or hourly employees don't get severance like college football coaches.

They walk out the door and they and their families are broke immediately.

They don't have time or money to go home and hang out with the kids for a year and figure out what's next.
I mean, I would give the guy a few grand and say we gotta cut back. And we aren't talking about a server, we're talking about a child molester.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319

And

If you’re asking the question then you already know your answer. Hell no. Sex crimes just can’t be overlooked, especially when you’re in a service business. At a minimum, the reputational risk is too high.

First off, nobody should be hired @ the BS $2.13/hr + tips wage anymore. Min wage is up and will continue to move up, but companies are still allowed to do a wage that was based on something from decades ago?

Secondly, I wouldn't hire that person to work in the service industry. Maybe something where they aren't in contact/have access with the general public.

Last March our company told all servers and bartenders that pay was to be increased from $2.13 an hour to $5.25 an hour first week in June.

That was June, this is January. Haven't heard a peep.

The company I work for just sucks.

So inefficient and the corporate office is littered with dead weight and bad decision makers.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
Maybe ask him for his side of the story. There are wrongful convictions all the time. Maybe he was just sniffing the 9 year old and lingered a bit too long.
Yeah... Sandusky comes to mind (I believe Jerry Sandusky to be 100% innocent, by the way).

Could be he was just pulling Biden, as you described.

But if he did molest the 9 y/o, he should still be in prison.

I've known him for 6 months.

He is always talking about f***ing chicks.

But outside of his cheuvenism he seems like a normal guy.
In a macho world talking about banging chicks sounds cool and all, but to me it reflects low moral character and someone who is doing very little to redeem themselves and revive their reputation.

And

Yep he can work the toilets and outside alley while serving the food customers

Less money to pay him

He will give the word servicing the customer a broad meaning

Are you in sc? Or almost any other state in the US? You don't need a paper trail. Tell him you don't need him anymore and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT