ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Early June Visit Date, throw that out the window!!!

Dabofan

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Jun 18, 2010
This was the first time our staff pushed to have the first June visit dates as their big weekend. Well that has really backfired. I haven't seen anything like this in all my years of following recruiting.

Last week of May/1st week of June big weekend
DL - Garrett - UGA
DL - Davis undecided/now not really considering us
OL - Sanders - Going to TN
OL - Waldrep - AL
OL - Buchanan - Miami
OL - Watts - Wisconsin
OL - Byrne - CL (Thank goodness)
WR - Reed - Ole Miss
WR - Mills - Oklahoma
LB - Archie - Rutgers
DB - Littleton - CL
DB - Young - Still undecided
DB Starr - Auburn

We got 2 out of 13 - 15%. We may get Young, but he probably will go elsewhere as well with the way things are going. Coaches are going to have to find some new folks to recruit and start going after other commits to other lower level teams. I am glad that LUKE at least had a high number of top level OL recruits come in so we could at least get 3. Grisham had a good WR recruiting run last year, but not this year and other years. I think we need to convince Scott to replace him. Scott would be a HUGE upgrade in recruiting at the WR position as well in the offensive strategy room, and WR teaching.

Wishlist:
OL - 1 more, don't know who but hoping for a flip or star that emerges in the season
WR - 1 more, hoping for Alford kid that decommitted from Ole Miss (however the longer it goes, the better chance we miss out)
DE - 1 more, hoping we can find a big time flip, Davis, or save it for next year.
LB - 1 more, Anderson kid (need him asap!!!)
DB - 1 Young (need him asap)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News