ADVERTISEMENT

Attack on Israel and intelligence failure

@kgwillison you may want to write your alma mater. Chants of “Israel Israel you can’t hide, we want Jewish genocide” on campus. This isn’t even masked as Palestinian independence anymore.

There’s no place for this and this antisemitic faction on the left must be roundly denounced.

Weird people haven’t denounced Russia this loudly. Or China for their treatment of Uyghurs. Instead, we have a bunch of spoiled cock pockets at “elite educational institutions” tearing down posters of small children, burning the flags of our allies, and chanting their support for genocide.

@kgwillison you may want to write your alma mater. Chants of “Israel Israel you can’t hide, we want Jewish genocide” on campus. This isn’t even masked as Palestinian independence anymore.

There’s no place for this and this antisemitic faction on the left must be roundly denounced.

Did you listen to that? They are not saying "we want jewish genocide". They are saying "we charge you with genocide." Tweeter X even fact-checked the post.

Good god almighty. This is what is going to destroy this country. People blindly spreading blatant misinformation. Sad!

Did you listen to that? They are not saying "we want jewish genocide". They are saying "we charge you with genocide." Tweeter X even fact-checked the post.

Good god almighty. This is what is going to destroy this country. People blindly spreading blatant misinformation. Sad!
No. Tacit support/apathy toward evil is what will destroy this country. What exactly do you think is the implicit message in the majority of these anti-Israel protests? “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free…”

Reactions: jakefest
No. Tacit support/apathy toward evil is what will destroy this country. What exactly do you think is the implicit message in the majority of these anti-Israel protests? “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free…”

If the implicit message is so clear, then why lie about what they are saying?

I did listen, but thought the quote was correct. Apparently not. Regardless, it’s amazing seeing protests about Israel’s retaliation against Hamas and not the other horrific humanitarian treatment by global powers Russia and China that bionic mentioned.

I’m assuming they misheard. Good thing we have community notes now…..

Unfortunately, community notes did not work in this case. He still shared it, and I am certain others are sharing it across the internet as we speak. Companies are cancelling job fairs at ucla.

I did listen, but thought the quote was correct. Apparently not. Regardless, it’s amazing seeing protests about Israel’s retaliation against Hamas and not the other horrific humanitarian treatment by global powers Russia and China that bionic mentioned.

I appreciate you removing the misinformation. This is the same thing you admonished tigergrowls for the other day.

I am sure there have been previous protests on these campuses regarding china and russia.

I don't understand why everything in this country (and on this board) has to be so black and white.

You can support Israel's right to defend itself, hate hamas, and still not want to see thousands more innocent children die in gaza.

You can despise hamas and still call out israel for their own human rights record over the years.

Every day, I have jewish friends in my social media feeds saying that if I am not vocally supporting israel's actions, then I am an anti-semite. Even the NY Times is being called anti-semetic for mistakenly reporting that Israel bombed that hospital. A bomb hit a hospital in a country that Israel was actively bombing at the time. Hardly anti-semetic to make that leap.

I support Israel's right to defend itself. I also don't want to see more children being pulled out of bombed-out buildings.

Reactions: dpic73
I appreciate you removing the misinformation. This is the same thing you admonished tigergrowls for the other day.

I am sure there have been previous protests on these campuses regarding china and russia.

I don't understand why everything in this country (and on this board) has to be so black and white.

You can support Israel's right to defend itself, hate hamas, and still not want to see thousands more innocent children die in gaza.

You can despise hamas and still call out israel for their own human rights record over the years.

Every day, I have jewish friends in my social media feeds saying that if I am not vocally supporting israel's actions, then I am an anti-semite. Even the NY Times is being called anti-semetic for mistakenly reporting that Israel bombed that hospital. A bomb hit a hospital in a country that Israel was actively bombing at the time. Hardly anti-semetic to make that leap.

I support Israel's right to defend itself. I also don't want to see more children being pulled out of bombed-out buildings.
A portion of the statement from the UN Secretary General that Israel threw a tantrum over:

"At a crucial moment like this, it is vital to be clear on principles -- starting with the fundamental principle of respecting and protecting civilians.

I have condemned unequivocally the horrifying and unprecedented 7 October acts of terror by Hamas in Israel.

Nothing can justify the deliberate killing, injuring and kidnapping of civilians – or the launching of rockets against civilian targets.

All hostages must be treated humanely and released immediately and without conditions. I respectfully note the presence among us of members of their families.

Excellencies,

It is important to also recognize the attacks by Hamas did not happen in a vacuum.

The Palestinian people have been subjected to 56 years of suffocating occupation.

They have seen their land steadily devoured by settlements and plagued by violence; their economy stifled; their people displaced and their homes demolished. Their hopes for a political solution to their plight have been vanishing.

But the grievances of the Palestinian people cannot justify the appalling attacks by Hamas. And those appalling attacks cannot justify the collective punishment of the Palestinian people."

I respect yours and other similar positions wrt to condemning aspects of Israel's response and not looking past the realities of the issues between Israel and Palestinian people. I am actually glad there are people that will continue to speak on those topics even if I disagree.

But you are going way out of your way to excuse NYT's behavior with respect to the reporting on the supposed bombed hospital. That was an utterly deplorable piece of reporting. Blood is on NYT's hands for that obvious and avoidable "mistake".

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Looks like a larger scale IDF ground offensive is underway tonight.
Anyone know what their overarching goals and objectives are besides just going ham on any Palestinian with a pulse. Which isn't a recipe for success

I respect yours and other similar positions wrt to condemning aspects of Israel's response and not looking past the realities of the issues between Israel and Palestinian people. I am actually glad there are people that will continue to speak on those topics even if I disagree.

But you are going way out of your way to excuse NYT's behavior with respect to the reporting on the supposed bombed hospital. That was an utterly deplorable piece of reporting. Blood is on NYT's hands for that obvious and avoidable "mistake".

ok

Anyone know what their overarching goals and objectives are besides just going ham on any Palestinian with a pulse. Which isn't a recipe for success
Israel has been pretty clear on what their objectives are. They are going to rip out Hamas root and stem. They will go door to door, tree to tree, rock to rock looking for Hamas terrorists.

It’s going to be awful …

Israel has been pretty clear on what their objectives are. They are going to rip out Hamas root and stem. They will go door to door, tree to tree, rock to rock looking for Hamas terrorists.

It’s going to be awful …
Good luck with that

Iranian morality police just murdered another girl for not wearing a headscarf. Died after being in police custody and spending 3 days in a coma. Police have blamed it on the healthy 22 year old having a sudden cardiac event. It didn’t have anything to do with them beating the shit out of her. Iran may just take care of themselves.

Good luck with that
This is why it’s going to be awful …

The IDF IS going to do just that. They are going to go in and check every nook and cranny, and anyone who resists will be “detained for further interrogation” at best.

This isn’t going to be a status quo reaction where the IDF levels a section of Gaza, takes out a few Hamas leaders and kicks the can down the road until the next barrage of DIY rockets.

This is why it’s going to be awful …

The IDF IS going to do just that. They are going to go in and check every nook and cranny, and anyone who resists will be “detained for further interrogation” at best.

This isn’t going to be a status quo reaction where the IDF levels a section of Gaza, takes out a few Hamas leaders and kicks the can down the road until the next barrage of DIY rockets.
Hamas cried havoc, but the other guys have all the dogs.

Pertaining to Gaza or the whole situation?
Pertaining to Gaza, specifically. Not sure their handling of Hezbollah in Iran/syria/lebanon will be much different than normal, for now. And, Yemen doesn’t even really warrant worrying about.

More interested in Hamas/gaza. You can’t allow what happened to occur without retaliation. You also have to walk a fine line for multiple reasons, but I’d like to hear your thoughts at the very least.

Reactions: fcctiger12
B1s inbound and on the ground at Incirlik. Not sure if that is strategic placement of assets or to get nuclear weapons out of there.

Pertaining to Gaza, specifically. Not sure their handling of Hezbollah in Iran/syria/lebanon will be much different than normal, for now. And, Yemen doesn’t even really warrant worrying about.

More interested in Hamas/gaza. You can’t allow what happened to occur without retaliation. You also have to walk a fine line for multiple reasons, but I’d like to hear your thoughts at the very least.
As far it concerns the military situation in Gaza, it's difficult to suggest much without access to information that only Israel and Hamas have. If the IDF thinks it can get to Hamas's tunnels and military infrastructure through the air, I suppose I have to believe them, though I must say I'm highly skeptical of the cost-benefit analysis long term. They're not accomplishing much bombing a refugee camp to take out one middling Hamas commander that's easily replaced. I think the same sort of thinking applies to the broader campaign; the standard for what constitutes a large enough objective to potentially kill civilians ought to be higher IMO. But ok, you drop a small nuke's worth of bombs on Gaza and succeed in suppressing Hamas to the point where you feel comfortable in withdrawing (I don't think Israel has an interest in occupying Gaza long term, and they've stated as much as well).

What comes afterwards? You've killed at least several thousand civilians, you've probably made more enemies than you killed in the whole operation by a factor of 10, Hamas's ideology will be alive and well in Gaza, and Hamas itself will live on in the West Bank. If you are going to make something out of this shit show, you have to be legitimately committed to supporting the PA and a healthy Palestinian state. You simply can't expect the Palestinians to turn away from violence when your idea of peace is carving the West Bank into a bunch of bantustans while your army protects zealot settlers as they harass Palestinians in what is purportedly Palestinian land. No one with any pride or dignity would accept that without fighting back. The PA has more or less come out and said it won't govern Gaza without getting something in return for it, and I don't blame them. The PA sticks its head out for Israel already in the form of security cooperation and its relative lack of beligerence, and it pays a heavy price for it politically.

So what do I do in short, continue to work against Hamas by force and otherwise, repudiate anyone within Israel that expresses a desire to inflict collective punishment or expulsion on the Palestinians, and gradually force the settlers out of the West Bank and back into Israel proper. On the other hand, as you can tell from my criticism of the Israeli right, I don't think they'll agree with me, and I'll have no part of what I see as their unabashed desire to establish a Jewish ethnostate from the Mediterranean to the Jordan at the US's expense. I think it would show that the lesson learned from the Holocaust wasn't, "We can't allow this to happen again," but rather, "We can't allow this to happen again to us."

The IDF ground operation is fully underway at this point. They've confirmed 16 KIA. The group here was killed when their APC got hit by an ATGM/RPG.

Some footage from the IDF:
Hamas:

Fighting isn't yet in the heart of Gaza's urban areas. The IDF is moving south through Beit Hanoun and Beit Lahia and west towards the sea just south of Gaza City propert to split the strip into two halves.

Last edited:

This behavior is one of many reasons why the Palestinians reject "peace" as it's currently offered to them. The Israeli government, in particular the coalition led by Netanyahu's Likud Party, subsidizes Jewish settlement of the West Bank as part of a campaign of soft annexation. These settlers enjoy relative impunity for their actions against Palestinians and IDF protection. Abuses such as those above happen frequently, punishment infrequently. Meanwhile, money continues to flow from the US, and our leaders won't lift a finger to control the nonsense we bankroll.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT