ADVERTISEMENT

Baltimore Bridge Collapse

How about the insurance companies? Good grief. Get your head out of the sand.
Well, do you want the bridge to be fixed now or several years from now after legal battles and lawsuits around who owes what? Can’t the government pay for it and recoup money from insurance companies later? Asking a private company to pay for this is untenable if we want it fixed as quickly as possible, which I’m assuming the people of Baltimore do.

This is as clear an example of the need for government/tax dollars as there can be.

Well, do you want the bridge to be fixed now or several years from now after legal battles and lawsuits around who owes what? Can’t the government pay for it and recoup money from insurance companies later? Asking a private company to pay for this is untenable if we want it fixed as quickly as possible, which I’m assuming the people of Baltimore do.

This is as clear an example of the need for government/tax dollars as there can be.
Missing the point.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
Tax payers pay for the rebuild? Where else would the money come from? This is why we have a DOT.
I think they were questioning why the federal govt declared to pay for it right away when there have a been a lot of disasters over recent years without that assertion.

I think they were questioning why the federal govt declared to pay for it right away when there have a been a lot of disasters over recent years without that assertion.
The government should foot the bill so that the bridge can be rebuilt in record time. Show off that American engineering. But yes, insurance companies should be forced to pay their share, but the government should not let that hinder the pace of replacing the bridge. Basically the gov should guarantee the bridge.

This was most likely an accident.
1) it was an experienced, local pilot that was piloting the ship.
2) you can see the big diesel plumes of smoke from the ship trying to avoid the bridge.
3) if it was tereorism they would have done it in the middle of the day and killed thousands of people.

The government should foot the bill so that the bridge can be rebuilt in record time. Show off that American engineering. But yes, insurance companies should be forced to pay their share, but the government should not let that hinder the pace of replacing the bridge. Basically the gov should guarantee the bridge.

2) you can see the big diesel plumes of smoke from the ship trying to avoid the bridge.
3) if it was tereorism they would have done it in the middle of the day and killed thousands of people.
And maybe when the engines kicked on, it caused a set of propellers to suddenly engage and causing the sudden turn.

And maybe when the engines kicked on, it caused a set of propellers to suddenly engage and causing the sudden turn.
I have also seen reports that the captain dropped the anchor, and i have seen pics of the anchor chain in the water on the port side of the ship. The boat behaves like the anchor was on the port side and the reverse was kicked in, it was just too late. The momentum of the boat was too fast and there was not enough time for recovery. To me the way the back end of the ship moves looks like reverse was enabled, just too late.

Agree with you both. Let the government expedite repair of the bridge and opening of the port. In parallel, investigate for any negligence on behalf of the ship's owner, which is a Singaporean company. If possible, recoup tax dollars from them (or their insurers) after the fact. That combo best serves the American people.

I….agree with you?

Weird start to my day.

GJoH2I7WYAA4pES
LOL...this made me giggle. Thanks.

Don’t agree with @dbjork6317 on a lot … but he is absolutely correct here. If construction waits for the Insurance Company to fit the bill, it won’t even get started for years and I fully expect that the insurance company will file for bankruptcy.

With the importance of this bridge to the region, Biden was right to jump in there and I would’ve expected him too.

Soooooooo good on Joe. Now … let’s see if he and the Federal government follows through.

Also … just going to say again, Wes Moore (Dem Governor) has done a really great job here in the beginning. Right tone, right words, right response …

Are you posting these random tweets because you think the people making them are making a point or have evidence about their claims?
Just like the rest of MAGA, he believes there is no such thing as an accident or a mistake. They are all intertwined into fake bombshell conspiracies that they make up on the fly.

Reactions: yoshi121374
With Union Pier getting sold and the plans they have for dredging and building a deepwater port there, it's going to make Charleston Harbor even worse
What??? Union pier isn’t going to be a “deep water port”. The HLT/Wando is already going to service the ships coming in. Hopefully State Port will bend the knee to the shipping lines and lease the HLT out. Also, the harbor is already dredged for the post Panamax ships.

What??? Union pier isn’t going to be a “deep water port”. The HLT/Wando is already going to service the ships coming in. Hopefully State Port will bend the knee to the shipping lines and lease the HLT out. Also, the harbor is already dredged for the post Panamax ships.
Idk it’s just what I was told by someone familiar with Navarro’s group. Could be BS, but it’s something I heard

Idk it’s just what I was told by someone familiar with Navarro’s group. Could be BS, but it’s something I heard
I’m pretty sure a government agency has to own the land in order for there to be a port/terminal.
Also, look for the state port to sell Columbus street in the next 10-15 years. After they bought the paper mill property, they can now send the BMW/Volvos over there. The Air quality was too poor for the cars to be over there while the paper mill was operational.

I’m pretty sure a government agency has to own the land in order for there to be a port/terminal.
Also, look for the state port to sell Columbus street in the next 10-15 years. After they bought the paper mill property, they can now send the BMW/Volvos over there. The Air quality was too poor for the cars to be over there while the paper mill was operational.
If I remember correctly you're affiliated with the SC ports through someway or another, so you would definitely know better than me. I probably should've added a disclaimer that I was just passing on hearsay with that statement.

Reactions: lctiger831
If I remember correctly you're affiliated with the SC ports through someway or another, so you would definitely know better than me. I probably should've added a disclaimer that I was just passing on hearsay with that statement.
It’s all good. I’m on the union side and we hear things all day about what the corrupted State Port Authority is going to do next.

There are a lot of Eastern European(let alone Ukrainian) mates on these ships. Hell, there are an ass of Chinese mates on these ships too. Doesn’t mean it’s some sort of conspiracy.
Also, there is more than one Harbor pilot. I’ve seen plenty of ships pass each other from the Wando Terminal. The “pylons” are called dolphins and if you look at the cooper river bridge, they are a lot bigger than the ones in Baltimore.
People are trying to find something that just isn’t there. Shit happens. Especially on the waterfront.

Are you posting these random tweets because you think the people making them are making a point or have evidence about their claims?
Just posting them to signify that there is not a full consensus. I believe the full story is not out yet.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
This is what the people of Baltimore deserve.

Get that bridge back up and functioning asap! Make it happen Mayor Pete.
It was a smaller scale project but with incentives the section of bridge that collapsed here in Atlanta where I live was restored in 45 days, as opposed to the three months timeline that was projected. So it can be done if federal and state authorities work together smartly and cooperatively and crews work around the clock.

This is what the people of Baltimore deserve.

Get that bridge back up and functioning asap! Make it happen Mayor Pete.
Specifically, what do the “people” of Baltimore “deserve”?

Like East Palestine, OH, this bridge primarily serves the working class, primarily Republican communities of East Baltimore, Dundalk, Edgemere, Sparrows Point. Its loss will primarily impact those communities day to day life for years … and it’s not like those communities have the resources to bare that hit.

Specifically, what do the “people” of Baltimore “deserve”?

Like East Palestine, OH, this bridge primarily serves the working class, primarily Republican communities of East Baltimore, Dundalk, Edgemere, Sparrows Point. Its loss will primarily impact those communities day to day life for years … and it’s not like those communities have the resources to bare that hit.
The people deserve to have the Government get that bridge back in working order ASAP.

I think a large majority of people will agree that The Gov should provide defense for the people and aid in natural disasters. This was equivalent to a natural disaster.

I don’t know what subsection of people that bridge serves and it doesn’t matter one bit, but from looking at the map you can tell it’s an important bridge. Get it fixed asap.

If the Government isn’t here to help the people in a natural disaster then they are useless.

MUST READ UPDATE: Baltimore Bridge Collapse

The Cargo Ships BLACK BOX Reveals the VDR Sensor Data “Ceased” Recording for 2 Minutes Prior to Impact

🔴 NTSB investigator Marcel Muise held a press conference to reveal the data on the DALI’s black box, also known as the Voyage Data Recorder (VDR).

• Approximately 6 hours of VDR data was provided to NTSB, with the time period between 12am-6am

• By regulation, VDR’s are required to record 30 days of history

• The quality of audio varies due to background noise and alarms — additional analysis will be performed at NTSB Lab to improve its quality.

🔴 TIMESTAMPS

• 12:39am, the ship departed

• At 1:07am (kek) the ship entered the channel

• At 1:24am, VDR Sensor Data CEASED recording…
— the VDR Audio continued recording being on a redundant power source.

• 1:26am, VDR resumed recording sensor data. No redundancy? 🤔

• 1:26am, the pilot made a general VHF for tugs in the vicinity to assist

• 1:27am, pilot ordered the DALI to drop the port anchor and ordered additional steering commands.

• 1:27am, the pilot issued a radio call reporting the DALI had lost all power

• At this time, MDTA duty officer radioed two of their units that were already on the bridge, due to construction, and order them to close traffic.

• 1:29am, the ship made contact with the bridge

• 1:29am, the DALI Pilot made contact with the Coast Guard to report the bridge down

🔴 MAIN TAKEAWAYS….

• The VDR Sensor Data is “missing” 2 minutes of data? Do you know how important this data is?

The VDR Sensor data records critical Information related to the operation of a vessel:
— ship speed
— engine RPM
— ships course and heading
— rutter angle
— as well as information on the ship's communications with other vessels, the ship's crew, and any external systems or equipment.

This does not look good…
There will never be a full consensus. BUT, you're hoping that there's more to this than meets the eye
I'm not hoping it. Incorrect. I do not want terrorist activity here in the US. There is already more than enough work history to justify getting rid of Biden if that's what you think the angle is. If he can't be voted out with what he has already done then it's impossible anyway.

It's all a coincidence. Keep moving people

This should be your Red Flag for the day, All the food plants that have been destroyed since Biden took office [2021&2022]:
1— 4/30/21 Monmouth Smithfield Foods pork processing plant
2— 7/25/21 Memphis Kellogg plant
3— 8/13/21 JBS beef plant
4— 8/24/21 Patak Meat Company
5— 7/30/21 Tyson River Valley ingredient plant
6— 10/21/21 Darigold plant
7— 11/15/21 Garrard County food plant
8—11/29/21 Maid-Rite Steak Company
9—12/13/21 San Antonio food processing, West side Foods
10—1/7/22 Hamilton Mountain poultry processing
Plant
11—1/13/22 Cargill-Nutrene feed mill. Lacombe, La
12—1/31/22 Winston-Salem fertilizer plant
13—2/3/22 Wisconsin River Meats
14—2/3/22 Percy dairy farm
15—2/5/22 Wisconsin River Meats processing facility destroyed by fire in Mauston, Wisconsin.
16—2/15/22 Bonanza Meat Company goes up in flames in El Paso, Texas
17—2/15/22 Shearer's Foods Food processing plant explodes in Hermiston, Oregon.
18—2/16/22 Indiana Louis-Dreyfus soy processing plant
19—2/18/22 Bess View Farms
20—2/19/22 Lincoln premiere poultry
21—2/22/22 Shearer's Foods potato chip plant
22—2/22/22 Fire destroys Deli Star Meat Plant in Fayetteville, Illinois.
23—2/28/22 nutrient AG Solutions fertilizer facility burns
24—2/28/22 Shadow Brook Farm & Dutch girl Creamery burns
25—3/4/22 294,800 chickens destroyed at farm in Stoddard, Missouri
26—3/4/22 644,000 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Cecil, Maryland
27—3/8/22 243,900 chickens destroyed at egg farm in New Castle, Delaware
28—3/10/22 663,400 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Cecil, Maryland
29—3/10/22 915,900 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Taylor, Iowa
30—3/14/22 Wayne Hoover dairy farm, barn full of cows burns
313/14/22 2,750,700 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Jefferson, Wisconsin
32—3/16/22 Walmart Distribution Center burns for 76 hours in Plainfield Ind.
33—3/16/22 Nestle Food Plant extensively damaged in fire and new production destroyed Jonesboro, Arkansas
34—3/17/22 5,347,500 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Buena Vista, Iowa
35—3/17/22 147,600 chickens destroyed at farm in Kent, Delaware
36—3/18/22 315,400 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Cecil, Maryland
37—3/19/22 Walmart Food Distribution center catches fire in Plainfield, Indiana
38—3/22/22 172,000 Turkeys destroyed on farms in South Dakota
39—3/22/22 570,000 chickens destroyed at farm in Butler, Nebraska
40—3/24/22 Major Fire at McCrum Potato Plant in Belfast, Maine.
41—3/24/22 418,500 chickens destroyed at farm in Butler, Nebraska
42—3/25/22 250,300 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Franklin, Iowa
43—3/26/22 311,000 Turkeys destroyed in Minnesota
44—3/27/22 126,300 Turkeys destroyed in South Dakota
45—3/28/22 1,460,000 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Guthrie, Iowa
46—3/29/22 Maricopa, Az. Food Pantry burns down 50,000 pounds of Food destroyed in Maricopa, Arizona.
47—3/31/22 Rio Fresh Onion factory damaged by fire in San Juan, Texas.
48—3/31/22 76,400 Turkeys destroyed in Osceola, Iowa
49—3/31/22 5,011,700 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Osceola, Iowa
50—4/6/22 281,600 chickens destroyed at farm in Wayne, North Carolina
51—4/9/22 76,400 Turkeys destroyed in Minnesota
52—4/9/22 208,900 Turkeys destroyed in Minnesota
53—4/12/22 89,700 chickens destroyed at farm in Wayne, North Carolina
54—4/12/22 1,746,900 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Dixon, Nebraska
55—4/12/22 259,000 chickens destroyed at farm in Minnesota
56—4/13/22 Fire destroys East Conway Beef & Pork Meat Market in Conway, New Hampshire.
57—4/13/22 Plane crashes into Gem State Processing, Idaho potato and food processing plant
58—4/13/22 77,000 Turkeys destroyed in Minnesota
59—4/14/22 Taylor Farms Food Processing plant burns down Salinas, California.
60—4/14/22 Salinas food processing plant
61—4/14/22 99,600 Turkeys destroyed in Minnesota
62—4/15/22 1,380,500 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Lancaster, Minnesota
63—4/19/22 Azure Standard nation’s premier independent distributor of organic and healthy food, was destroyed by fire in Dufur, Oregon
64—4/19/22 339,000 Turkeys destroyed in Minnesota
65—4/19/22 58,000 chickens destroyed at farm in Montrose, Colorado
66—4/20/22 2,000,000 chickens destroyed at egg farm in Minnesota
67—4/21/22 Plane crashes into and destroys General Mills
68—4/22/22 197,000 Turkeys destroyed in Minnesota
69—4/23/22 200,000 Turkeys destroyed in Minnesota
70—4/25/22 1,501,200 chickens destroyed at egg farm Cache, Utah
71—4/26/22 307,400 chickens destroyed at farm Lancaster Pennsylvania
72—4/27/22 2,118,000 chickens destroyed at farm Knox, Nebraska
73—4/28/22 Egg-laying facility in Iowa kills 5.3 million chickens, fires 200-plus workers
74—4/28/22 Allen Harim Foods a chicken processing company based in Delaware killed nearly 2 million chickens
75—4/2822 110,700 Turkeys destroyed Barron Wisconsin
76—4/29/22 1,366,200 chickens destroyed at farm Weld Colorado
77—4/30/22 13,800 chickens destroyed at farm Sequoia Oklahoma
78—5/3/22 58,000 Turkeys destroyed Barron Wisconsin
79—5/3/22 118,900 Turkeys destroyed Beadle S Dakota
80—5/3/22 114,000 ducks destroyed at Duck farm Berks Pennsylvania
81—5/3/22 118,900 Turkeys destroyed Lyon Minnesota
82—5/7/22 20,100 Turkeys destroyed Barron Wisconsin
83—5/10/22 72,300 chickens destroyed at farm Lancaster Pennsylvania
84—5/10/22 61,000 ducks destroyed at Duck farm Berks Pennsylvania
85—5/10/22 35,100 Turkeys destroyed Muskegon, Michigan
86—5/13/22 10,500 Turkeys destroyed Barron Wisconsin
87—5/14/22 83,400 ducks destroyed at Duck farm Berks Pennsylvania
88—5/17/22 79,00 chickens destroyed at Duck farm Berks Pennsylvania
89—5/18/22 7,200 ducks destroyed at Duck farm Berks Pennsylvania
90—5/19/22 Freight train derailment Jensen Beach FL
91—5/21/22 57,000 Turkeys destroyed on farm in Dakota Minnesota
92—5/23/22 4,000 ducks destroyed at Duck farm Berks Pennsylvania
93—5/29/22 200,000 Chickens killed in fire in Minnesota
94—5/31/22 3,000,000 chickens chickens destroyed at Forsman egg farm facility in Stockholm Township, Minnesota
95—6/2/22 30,000 ducks destroyed at Duck farm Berks Pennsylvania And
96— S & P Meats Burn Down in Spokane, WA. Gone In Summer 2021

The people deserve to have the Government get that bridge back in working order ASAP.

I think a large majority of people will agree that The Gov should provide defense for the people and aid in natural disasters. This was equivalent to a natural disaster.

I don’t know what subsection of people that bridge serves and it doesn’t matter one bit, but from looking at the map you can tell it’s an important bridge. Get it fixed asap.

If the Government isn’t here to help the people in a natural disaster then they are useless.
giphy.gif

the government and....record time...in the same sentence? they're obviously going to jump in because the not having the port greatly complicates the logistics of specific imports and the fact that several critical navy ships are stuck in the harbor.

but...

the govt does nothing efficiently. nothing. they can't competently manage time or budgets. this will become a money pit that prioritizes inclusiveness, green nonsense, and govt connections in every part of the project rather than ability, intelligence, and track record. they'll remain publicly involved just long enough to celebrate themselves for their righteousness in awarding contracts. of course, when it's egregiously over-budget and behind schedule you can be certain they will take no accountability.

the government and....record time...in the same sentence? they're obviously going to jump in because the not having the port greatly complicates the logistics of specific imports and the fact that several critical navy ships are stuck in the harbor.

but...

the govt does nothing efficiently. nothing. they can't competently manage time or budgets. this will become a money pit that prioritizes inclusiveness, green nonsense, and govt connections in every part of the project rather than ability, intelligence, and track record. they'll remain publicly involved just long enough to celebrate themselves for their righteousness in awarding contracts. of course, when it's egregiously over-budget and behind schedule you can be certain they will take no accountability.
Oh I agree, the government should be in charge of auctioning the job off to a private company in order to get the job done asap.

How the government runs its auction process is up for debate, but they do have a history of running efficient auctions, like for the wireless spectrum. On the other hand they have cost plus contracts, which are total rip offs.

The whole point is that we do need limited government and this is one of those things that falls within those limits. There is a lot of debate about what government should do, but national defense and response to natural disasters are things a large majority, from both parties, should support.

Baltimore lost a bridge through no fault of their own. It was akin to a natural disaster and the government should use its powers to fix it asap.

BALTIMORE UPDATE:

Baltimore police department’s Marine Unit was defunded as part of ‘defund the police’ - so no divers for search, rescue & recovery & no boats of their own…

chesapeakebaymagazine.com/baltimore-poli…

Decades of Marriner experience dealing with major hurricanes, floods, dead body recoveries with the Homicide division, & emergency response/rescues of boaters just thrown away. It was a busy unit with highly trained underwater divers and unique boats, infrastructure, and equipment that was auctioned off for pennies on a dollar. The marine unit said they were simply told to vacate the pier in July 2020 & randomly distributed around the department as “warm bodies".

A breathtaking decision considering the hundreds of miles of shoreline within the city of Baltimore & considering this is the second largest deep water port on the Atlantic coast, where approximately $12 dollars out of every hundred brought into Baltimore through commerce comes from the port. Baltimore Police southern boundary for patrol of the inland river waterway is the Key bridge. The coast guard had a small satellite station in Curtis Bay near the ship yard.

From a senior Marine Unit officer (retired) after the bridge crash:

“The official story of loosing control of the steering because of a power failure is simply Lies. The big question is why? What is already inbound that the federal government doesn’t want anyone to know about?”

“I have now been retired for more than 20 years. My recollection is that the Intrepid was auctioned as surplus prior to my departure from the unit. It was the only all weather boat the unit had. In its original configuration, the Intrepid would have been the ideal vessel to respond to such a disaster. It had heat, a fully enclosed wheel house, a davit on the rear deck to get someone out of the water safely, a small refrigerator, two burner electric stove, sink, potable water supply, and a marine sanitation device aka toilet. All this meant the boat could stay on station for an extended period of time with relief crews brought out if needed. “

“It is my belief that a vessel like the Intrepid, properly maintained and crewed, could have possibly made a difference in this situation. My answer is conditional because I don’t have sufficient information. The water is still cold. How long a person would remain functional and not succumb to hypothermia is not known. Also the persons that ended up in the water had apparently fallen from the bridge deck and were possibly injured from impact with bridge wreckage. The Coast Guard, if on standby at their facility in Curtis Bay, would have been closer to the incident and probably arrived before the Marine Unit which would have been responding from Boston Street.”

“While I was assigned to the Marine Unit, our authorized strength was 15 officers covering 3 shifts, 2 sergeants, and a lieutenant shared with the inner harbor foot squad. This is not a lot of people! For a port the size and strategic importance of Baltimore to not have a police presence on the water is inexcusable!!!!”

The left has a lot of dumb policies (almost all of them) but was “defund the police” the dumbest of the dumb?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT