ADVERTISEMENT

Can you help a Tiger Fan Family in need?

OrangeTigerTower

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2012
I have never done this before. I am not sure how, so I am just going to be honest and raw and hope it rings true to a few of you.

I met the family through their oldest son. He was the same age as my duaghter and played football and ran track with my son who was 3 years older. You have never seen a happier family, never down, always smiling and always a joke or a hug if you were having a bad day.

Da is a huge Tiger fan as are most of the family. He is currently a senior and is set to go to college and play football next year for a small school. He's a ball of energy as a DT, if he was taller he'd be on bigger radars. But that isnt what this is about. He has 2 younger sisters. The youngest Payton is an angel. Born with HPLHS and her family was told she'd never see 1, then that even though she was 1 she'd never survive the surgery but it was the only chance, that the surgery was successful but would require more and the odds were grim, through it all she smiled and laughed. She is 3 now and has beat the odds. A final clean up surgery is scheduled for this next summer but the docs are convinced she is out of the woods. She is a miracle.

That is the backstory and here is where things take a turn and where I come humbly asking for help...

Yesterday the family was at another family member's home celebrating Thanksgiving when they received word the family home had caught fire. They rushed home and met the fire department there. The fire had started in the kitchen and other than the kitchen much of the house was saved. However inside the families 2 dogs -1 the family pet and the other named Tiger - Payton's Service animal. It was a fully trained dog who watches her and would get help if she stopped breathing or otherwise needed help. Both dogs perished in the fire. One of my son's best friends (who is also a Clemson student and current Junior Engineering student) responded to the call as he is on the FD and was home for the holidays. After the fire was put out they buried the two dogs and got the family a hotel through the weekend until business resumed and credit cards could be replaced etc.

A horrible day, but all in all blessed that much of the home had been spared.

When the family was getting settled in the hotel they received a call from a neighbor saying their house had burned. The mom explained yes, they knew and where they were. The neighbor stopped her. 'No you don't understand. It's back on fire and is completely gone.'

Apparently the fire wasn't fully extinguished the winds picked up an ember re-ignited and ... the rest was academic.

The family has lost everything.

Anything this community can do to offer assistance I would greatly appreciate. These are great people with a great heart in a world of hurt.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News