ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson professor gets deported

You don't know what you are talking about. The order specifically exempts religious minorities from those 7 countries from the order. So, Jews and Christians from those countries are good to go, Muslims, not so much. Read it yourself.

If true that makes me like him even more.

I really have no knowledge of foreign affairs. But just in theory, I don't think it's morally wrong for us to say no to people wanting to come here.

That said, it wont help anything.

The worst thing about all of this is I lost my job today because of this bullshit.

Mexico told me I could no longer pick avacado's legally. I guess I'm going to jump back over the fence to help you guys out.

You really lose your job over this stuff?

You people are fvcking crazy. Do you even understand the meaning of the word "many"? THERE IS NO SECURITY RISK FOR THIS GIRL OR ANYONE ELSE WHO WAS DENIED ENTRY TODAY.

Job applications of the future should require candidates to state whether they voted for Trump.

So you voted for Hillery? gtfo

Europe was very welcoming and atheist and liberal, the terrorist animals, considered them gullible chumps and have turned family festivals in Europe into blood baths. We've had a few taste of the same, the Boston Marathon etc etc.
NO THANKS!

Reactions: C-TeamHOF
Facts from her FB and LinkedIn to clear up some 'fake news' :

She got an MS in Industrial Engineering at Northern Illinois U and then a PHD in Philosophy at Clemson, graduated last Aug. The 2 degrees is why she's been in the US for 7 yrs.

Since she graduated she lists her job as a data modeler for a small start-up...an industrial sensor / software company. She's not a professor, but was a TA as a student.

According to her colleague on FB, she does not have a green card, she's on a temporary student visa only so her permanent residence is still outside US, presumably Tehran. From this I assume she's on a standard F1 student visa which allows 12 months max after graduation. It's likely she is working to have an employer sponsor a working visa or green card.

She got an MS in Industrial Engineering at Northern Illinois U and then a PHD in Philosophy at Clemson, graduated last Aug. The 2 degrees is why she's been in the US for 7 yrs.

Since she graduated she lists her job as a data modeler for a small start-up...an industrial sensor / software company. She's not a professor, but was a TA as a student.

According to her colleague on FB, she does not have a green card, she's on a temporary student visa only so her permanent residence is still outside US, presumably Tehran. From this I assume she's on a standard F1 student visa which allows 12 months max after graduation. It's likely she is working to have an employer sponsor a working visa or green card.
Thanks for the info , Bowman ... we need more investigative journalism like yours in this country .,

true.. we should just let anyone from those countries come in anytime they want. Since they have such a great track record as you say surely nothing would happen if we just let them come and go as they please.

Too bad that's not what I said. Good news is what I said is still posted. You can go back and read again. I suggest you read it slower and this time address things I actually said or serious questions I actually asked that I didn't know the answer to. Your response wasn't a response to any statement I made. I'll hang up and listen.

Thanks for looking that up so all of us could have a more well-informed opinion.

Really just a sad situation all around. Unfortunately I think this is a backlash of the failure by Muslim countries to really police their own. Had they done more to curtail extremism within their own borders, I doubt it would have come to lengths like this here or in Europe.

I see the snowflakes are still going at it in the thread. It truly is unreal that we have a perfect case study of what happens with unmitigated Muslim immigration in Europe, and we still have people who let there feelings override their brains.

First and foremost, thank you for your service. Sincerely, thank you.

My question is not with the end, it's with the means. Was this an issue of national security to the extent that this had to be done in this manner (And maybe it was and I'm naive)? Everything Trump has done since he began his campaign wreaks of grand standing and a publicity stunt. I'm still shaky on him as a leader because of that. The lack of experience in government concerns me.

My other concern is why does everything have to so extreme left or right wing? How are we ever supposed to come together as a country if any word mustered on either "side" at this point is argued to no end without even really listening to the other side?

Why am I not shocked that this well thought out and excellent response to these posts received no likes? Great post.

The moral decency in our country has decayed so far beyond belief it's sickening.

Simple reason.

Social media has given a voice for EVERYONE. Before you had to earn your right to speak on public forums (interviews, articles, newspapers, public office). Now, anyone with a phone has "equal weight" and we ALL suffer because of it. There's no vetting process at all.

At least everyone still has to take a written and road test and abide by certain laws to maintain a drivers license as minimum as they may be. The standards to hold a real voice in public opinion were MUCH higher than a drivers license 15 years ago. Today, it's all been eliminated and anyone can say any thing without responsibility of any real kind.

Therefore, those with actual intellect and well thought out opinions get drowned out into the ...... KYS or whatever or asshat clowns with a handle in the millions.

Sucks... there is no way to fix it at all unless you decide to pull the plug on electricity or start a legitimate vetting process for public speaking which of course will never happen.

We have met the enemy, and it's us......... in this particular case.

Frankly, kind of unncessary to ban H1's from Iran. It is incredibly difficult to get an H1 as an Iranian national. This woman has been vetted to the gills.

But yeah, this EO totally doesn't generalize on the basis of race. Sure.
Islam/Muslim is not a race.

Reactions: yuthgi
Islam/Muslim is not a race.

Yes thank you for clearing that up CreoleTiger; having been educated at Clemson and the University of Chicago, I am, as you know, quite the stupid.

Wasn't aware they banned Muslims. Here I thought they banned Arab nationals from seven Arab countries. Which is why I never mentioned the word Muslim. If this was religiously charged, they might want to start in Indonesia.

You people are fvcking crazy. Do you even understand the meaning of the word "many"? THERE IS NO SECURITY RISK FOR THIS GIRL OR ANYONE ELSE WHO WAS DENIED ENTRY TODAY.

Job applications of the future should require candidates to state whether they voted for Trump.

This guy is triggered.

Reactions: vinotiger
Simple reason.

Social media has given a voice for EVERYONE. Before you had to earn your right to speak on public forums (interviews, articles, newspapers, public office). Now, anyone with a phone has "equal weight" and we ALL suffer because of it. There's no vetting process at all.

At least everyone still has to take a written and road test and abide by certain laws to maintain a drivers license as minimum as they may be. The standards to hold a real voice in public opinion were MUCH higher than a drivers license 15 years ago. Today, it's all been eliminated and anyone can say any thing without responsibility of any real kind.

Therefore, those with actual intellect and well thought out opinions get drowned out into the ...... KYS or whatever or asshat clowns with a handle in the millions.

Sucks... there is no way to fix it at all unless you decide to pull the plug on electricity or start a legitimate vetting process for public speaking which of course will never happen.

We have met the enemy, and it's us......... in this particular case.

This deserves more than a like. Fantastic writing good sir. Wow.

IMO this ban is doing its job if that is the case. Many of these immigrants leave, go train for ISIS and come back to the US and kill people. If we lose a few good people in the process I'm OK with that.
THIS^^^^
There will always be collateral damage and sad stories to every new law/mandate/EO, but the main point is that there is no way to decipher between those who go to Iran, Syria, etc for "vacation" to train as ISIS terrorists and those who are just going home to spend time with family. That's the entire point of the EO. The free flow back and forth must stop until the processes to vet properly are put in place. This unfortunate woman was caught in the worst situation possible, but she is an Iranian citizen on an HB1 Visa. Her job at Clemson could be occupied by an American hard working citizen. That's not racist, that's fact.

Looks like we need a new professor...what does he teach? Also, what type of dog does he have and how much is he asking for his house?

everyone getting all up in their feels and then @OculusTiger drops the mic
tumblr_nmi5t0kyN31sq0bewo1_250.gif

Anyone from these countries that left the US in the last few weeks, absent a total family/work emergency, is not too sharp. I mean this move was totally telegraphed as a potential for at least a month and I wouldn't have put myself in that kind of jeopardy if I was from any of those set countries. Surprised it took Google that much time to recall their employees in similar situations. But to this specific story I hope nobody really believes it:
1). The text of the story is so poorly written and almost certainly not from an academic written in the US. More on that further down. Per the above I seriously doubt an academic professor would be flying anywhere for that long in the middle of a semester or who would have flown out of the country on Inauguration Day given the climate on EO's and being from Iran!?
2). We can all agree that the date noted as the origin of the trip 1/20/17 was a Friday (the inauguration) as indicated in the story. Then says it was not until MONDAY 1/22 that they arrived after 28 hours - Monday was the 23rd, and highly sceptical about the 28 hours making any sense time wise although with a layover it MAYBE possible.
3) spelling and structural/grammatical errors are so bad it's not feasible.
4) story mentions "drafts" of the action order being circulated ahead of its execution - don't believe there were any.
5) the story indicates that there were TSA agents on their flight in Dubai - everyone flying internationally knows that is not accurate as TSA officials would only be in the US domestic airports either flying in the US or flying out internationally from the US
6) the picture of that plane? Is that supposed to lend more creedance? It's extremely rare for passengers to be driving around an airport most specifically for an international flight. Also that plane does not look like a 777 but could be - definitely not a 787 nor does airbus 320 make long haul flights - clearly not an A380. Also that logo on the side appears to be something that would not fly to the US - Islamic writing. Definitely not emirates logo. Also if she flew out of DC (Dulles) that is so far fetched to do so on Inauguration Day!?
7) not clear on this persons visa status but almost certain the old rules that someone cannot be on a visa for more than 7years before having to get a green card or leave the country. If that was the case the green card process requires you to apply at least a year ahead of time and you are told not to leave the country during that period. So the almost seven years in the US does not jibe.

At the end of the day this whole situation is tough for a very small group of people whether you agree with the politics of it or not. The execution and lack of clarity or foresight warning is tough but honestly if I were this person I wouldn't dream of leaving the country with this uncertainty. This story is one hundred percent fake and is baiting people to be up in arms. That's really what annoys me about this kind of nonsense. The baiting of it all to make people cry fowl for a "trumped" up story.

matlock-o.gif

I am going to need you to change your TI handle to Matlock, Columbo, or Sherlock...well done

everyone getting all up in their feels and then @OculusTiger drops the mic
tumblr_nmi5t0kyN31sq0bewo1_250.gif

matlock-o.gif

I am going to need you to change your TI handle to Matlock, Columbo, or Sherlock...well done

This person left the country during a Time she knew it was possible for the order to come down, she has a visa (not a citizen), and she is all up in arms? What if she had been radicalized or was radicalized while visiting? It also btw isn't permanent.

I had a conversation with a snowflake talking about how they just feel for all the innocent children. I do, as well. Quite frankly, they aren't American children. Not our responsibility. However, they will be brainwashed by their culture/religion. It is like dumping a ton of baby rattlesnakes into an area that didn't previously have rattlesnakes. Pretty soon you are going to have a shit ton of grown rattlesnakes

This person left the country during a Time she knew it was possible for the order to come down, she has a visa (not a citizen), and she is all up in arms? What if she had been radicalized or was radicalized while visiting? It also btw isn't permanent.

I had a conversation with a snowflake talking about how they just feel for all the innocent children. I do, as well. Quite frankly, they aren't American children. Not our responsibility. However, they will be brainwashed by their culture/religion. It is like dumping a ton of baby rattlesnakes into an area that didn't previously have rattlesnakes. Pretty soon you are going to have a shit ton of grown rattlesnakes

This thread is exactly what is effed up in this country. People read something on the intraweb, assume it to be true, and start posting it all over social media before the facts are obtained. of course she was mad and upset but she has no one to blame but herself.

When not a citizen, you best make damn sure you are following the letter of the law to the T if you are going to travel. If there was any chance of this (and the media has been pretty clear this was a possibility) then she shouldn't have traveled

Based on the facts...only reason for anyone to be mad about this is because they feel sorry for her. No other reason

My question is not with the end, it's with the means. Was this an issue of national security to the extent that this had to be done in this manner (And maybe it was and I'm naive)? Everything Trump has done since he began his campaign wreaks of grand standing and a publicity stunt. I'm still shaky on him as a leader because of that. The lack of experience in government concerns me.

My other concern is why does everything have to so extreme left or right wing? How are we ever supposed to come together as a country if any word mustered on either "side" at this point is argued to no end without even really listening to the other side?
This ban is TEMPORARY. Why is that such a bad thing?

And honestly, I doubt this country wants to come together over anything short of an attack on us like 9/11. Libs nor cons want to give up their deeply held convictions to compromise for the sake of harmony. There seems to be more that separates today than unites us.

Reactions: nmerritt11
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...cle_f9c09f00-e59b-11e6-b47d-273fc4f17562.html

From Post and Courier:

For recent Clemson University graduate Nazanin Zinouri, a trip to see family has turned into a nightmare.

The Greenville resident, who graduated last year with a Ph.D. in industrial engineering and won the university's Janine Anthony Bowen Graduate Fellow award, flew to Tehran to visit her family when she heard about an immigration ban signed by President Donald Trump on Friday. The order bars individuals from Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Yemen and Somalia from entering the United States for 90 days.

Zinouri took to social media on Saturday to share her story.

"On Wednesday, we started hearing rumors about new executive orders that will change immigration rules for some countries including Iran," she wrote in a Facebook post. "Before I knew it, it was actually happening. Even though I didn't want to leave my family, I quickly booked a ticket to get on the next flight back."

Zinouri said left Iran a few hours after Trump signed the executive order and flew to Dubai where officials checked her documents.

She was questioned for 40 minutes before boarding a flight to Washington, D.C., according to the post. After she got on the flight, two Transportation Security Administration officers ordered her to disembark.

Zinouri has lived in the United States for almost seven years, according to her post.

"No one warned me when I was leaving, no one cared what will happen to my dog or my job or my life there," she said. "No one told me what I should do with my car that is still parked at the airport parking. Or what to do with my house and all my belongings. They didn't say it with words but with their actions, that my life doesn't matter. Everything I worked for all these years doesn't matter."

The Post and Courier has reached out to Zinouri for comment.

Clemson officials are aware of the situation and are "looking into it," said Robin Denny, a university spokeswoman. No further comment was immediately available.
Tough situation indeed. Her life was turned upside down with the stroke of a pen. These are the types of situations that probably were not considered ..... at all.

Reactions: RoyalBengal25
Every last one of us should work, hope and pray for due process soon. When we devolve into dueling executives who take turns denying due process to their political opponents, we will be in quite a fix. We may not quite be there yet, but you can see it from here. Citizens, not subjects, better return to principle over temporary selfish advantage grabbing.

When 0bama did it there was silence on the left. Fine for all the outcry now, but why the outcry? Just wanting their leftist advantage back, or is this an appeal for rightness and true due process for all?

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/h...te-reprieve-as-deportations-skyrocket-8991508

A) 95% of the people posting ITT probably haven't even read the executive order and are reacting to other's opinions on the internet.

B) This Iraqi dude who was held in handcuffs for 17 hrs (who knows if that's true but let's assume it is) was vetted and released within 1 day. Even if it is true it's unfortunate but those kind of details will get ironed out in time. Why are liberals so opposed to folks from these countries being vetted fully before being allowed admission?

Lets look at the countries on List:

Countries with no stable government:

Libya - Civil war and ISIS
Sudan - Civil war for over a decade, Muslims against Christians
Somalia - Civil War with Al Shabab a major influence
Yemen - Civil war with both ISIS and Al Queda
Syria - Civil war with numerous groups especially ISIS
Iraq - War torn western Iraq with ISIS a major factor

Country with stable government -

Iran - largest supporter / exporter of terror (several reports) and states its an enemy of the US.

Makes more sense when you look at whether you can really get any information not the typical Muslims vs the world viewpoint professed by the press.

Last edited:
How was this woman living here for 7 years if she had a Visa to attend Clemson for grad school?

Sort of wondering if her Visa had expired upon graduation.
I just hired a UK kid that just graduated from college. Since he graduated from a US college, he gets a 1 year work visa. After that, he can apply for an additional 2 years, but thereafter he would need sponsorship. Now this is from a eligibility to work in the US perspective, not sure how it works if you just stay and not work.

Reactions: Tigerpaw00

Because for me it is not a National Security issue. It is about preservation of our culture as we know it. Europe has been completely changed by Muslim immigration, that's indisputable fact. Not only did they bring them in in massive numbers, but they also didn't have the foresight to know that these immigrants were going to average just under 8 kids while their citizens were averaging around 2. In every single country, crime has gone up massively along with the immigration, and it's not a coincidence. National Security is way behind preservation of our culture for me, and I applaud Trump for not allowing the PC snowflakes to allow us to become Europe.

Is this what you call "winning"?

From CBS News: (via Twitter)
"Just to be clear: Iraqi refugee held in cuffs for 17 hours at JFK before being allowed in was an interpreter for US troops during the war."

I hope those of you going to church tomorrow will hear sermons against this outrageous executive order. Thank God so many Americans are willing to stand up against the president.
To a White Nationalist the answer is yes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT