ADVERTISEMENT

Gay Weddings During Football Season: The Coming Epidemic

OldMTPTiger

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2008
Newberry, SC
So, I am getting ready for work this morning when my wife casually mentions that we have received "our first invitation to a gay wedding." Apparently it is for a family member of hers.

I was like: "Well, okay, when is it?" She responds: September 12TH. Bells and alarms immediately go off in my head. "That is the Clemson-App State Game" I reply. Her reaction was basically Zero #### Given; we are going.

This got me thinking. The traditional barrier to football season weddings has typically come from the groom in your standard man-woman wedding. While there are some ladies out there that want to avoid football season as well (for a number of reasons, including "all eyes have to be on me" syndrome), the heterosexual male was our reliable stone wall blocking even the thought of having a football season wedding.

Well, Justice Kennedy and the boys (let's be honest, those two chicks Obama appointed are kind of dudes) just blew that up.

Thanks, Obama!!

How many of you would even go to a gay wedding family members or not?

tumblr_mvfykoLxrC1syk9e9o4_250.gif

oh-hell-no-o.gif

I have attended two weddings during football season

-One: my best friend since I was 2 years old who is a SC fan and got married the day of SC/UGA game. WTH was he thinking...listened on radio while drinking beer in church parking lot.
-Two: our other best friend that we grew up with passed away in high school...his little brother got married during football season and on the day of my 10th Citadel reunion. Couldnt miss that one

Pretty sure that has been the only two. If there have been others they havent been on important game days

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
How many of you would even go to a gay wedding family members or not?

A non church partnership ceremony? Yes, I would go. It would be awkward and weird but I would go out of respect for a family member or friend.

Sitting in a church asking for God's blessing for a future lifetime of sin? No, because of my religious beliefs I could not and would not willingly bless or support that. Everyone sins at some point, we know that. The difference is we don't go into the house of god and openly mock his teachings by deliberately performing an act that is reserved for 1 man and 1 woman. I would respect them but they also need to respect me and my views and why I would not attend. It's a two way street.

OP..... Just don't go man. People turn down weddings all the time during football season. If you are brave enough to plan one during that time, especially if you have Clemson and Jr friends, you get what you deserve if people don't show. People spend thousands of dollars for 12+ weekends a year. Getting mad at them for not going to your wedding is silly and selfish IMO.

Here is my question: Why in a state like South Carolina or Alabama where they dont have professional sports and college football is a very very serious deal have a wedding in the Fall? Why do that to everyone?? Is there something wrong with March-August that I'm not aware of??

Some of my straight friends need to get this mythical memo that disavows fall weddings...

Transference: Something tells me that I would prefer hanging out with some decently cool gay dudes over hanging out with what I picture to be your snarky little libtard buddies. Just a hunch. Probably a correct hunch, but just a hunch.

So, I am getting ready for work this morning when my wife casually mentions that we have received "our first invitation to a gay wedding." Apparently it is for a family member of hers.

I was like: "Well, okay, when is it?" She responds: September 12TH. Bells and alarms immediately go off in my head. "That is the Clemson-App State Game" I reply. Her reaction was basically Zero #### Given; we are going.

This got me thinking. The traditional barrier to football season weddings has typically come from the groom in your standard man-woman wedding. While there are some ladies out there that want to avoid football season as well (for a number of reasons, including "all eyes have to be on me" syndrome), the heterosexual male was our reliable stone wall blocking even the thought of having a football season wedding.

Well, Justice Kennedy and the boys (let's be honest, those two chicks Obama appointed are kind of dudes) just blew that up.

Thanks, Obama!!

Look, this is a really good time to go ahead and maintain that the traditional barrier is not the groom. The traditional barrier is the number of people who will not be coming if it's on a game day. Number of brides throw temper tantrums about how you could possibility care about them if you're passing up their wedding for a game, and the typical response is that this is a standard expectation of risk if you schedule one for that type of year. It's not new. Many people plan their weddings ON game days just to reduce reception cost and head count.

Normally the assumption is that if a wedding is scheduled on a game day they don't want people to go.

No way I got a wedding doing football season and no way I would ever put my friends/family thru that. It's as simple as that. Also if it's not open bar the likelihood is going down but that's not a completely deal breaker like a dry wedding would be.

OP..... Just don't go man. People turn down weddings all the time during football season. If you are brave enough to plan one during that time, especially if you have Clemson and Jr friends, you get what you deserve if people don't show. People spend thousands of dollars for 12+ weekends a year. Getting mad at them for not going to your wedding is silly and selfish IMO.

I agree with your post, but in this case, OldMPT's absence will certainly be misconstrued as a "Hate Snub". He will forevermore be branded as a homophobe within the wife's family.

Here is my question: Why in a state like South Carolina or Alabama where they dont have professional sports and college football is a very very serious deal have a wedding in the Fall? Why do that to everyone?? Is there something wrong with March-August that I'm not aware of??
"Because fall is soooooo pretty" is the response I normally get.....

I got married in April .......

Thanks, Obama!!

This reminds me of what my Sargent once said before a trip into the jungle... MEN!! 50 of you are going on a mission! 25 of you ain't coming back.

It looks like we've lost the first soldier fellas. 3 cheers for the man that used to be OldMTPTiger, and rejoice, because your odds of survival just went up.

Ordinarily, I would agree with Banks, but in times of war, we must practice triage. Forget the fact that it's a gay wedding, just the idea that your wife would even think to suggest that there might be a slight possibility of going to a wedding in September indicates a clear failure on your part.

No men, it's too late for this one. Save your efforts for those that still have hope. Carry on.

I can only imagine how much hot talent will be absolutely throwing it around at these weddings as they see their best gay friend getting married before them.

I'm just not sure how I get invited to one to take advantage of this feeding frenzie.

giphy.gif

I agree with your post, but in this case, OldMPT's absence will certainly be misconstrued as a "Hate Snub". He will forevermore be branded as a homophobe within the wife's family.

Oh no, that's an equal opportunity "you scheduled a wedding during football season snub"

Reactions: alphamale621
I can only imagine how much hot talent will be absolutely throwing it around at these weddings as they see their best gay friend getting married before them.

I'm just not sure how I get invited to one to take advantage of this feeding frenzie.
My gay male friends were the best wingmen ever when I was in college. As soon as the gay friend vouches for you, it becomes as close to a sure thing as you can get.

My wife wanted a fall wedding. Changed her mind By telling her this: "do you want everyone to pay attention to YOU on YOUR day? Or do you want everyone to pay attention to the game?

Folks, remember that if you have a wedding in the fall, even if the wedding is on an away game, your anniversary will always be during football season.

And that's where guys go wrong...it's never as good as you expect it to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT