ADVERTISEMENT

Midterm Elections Thread

Meh. Most of the gains that pubs made in the house were a result of gerrymandering (not all, mind you). That is even the case in NY, where Cuomo shat the bed with his own redistricting. (the dems attempted their own gerrymandering, Cuomo sent it to a very conservative judge, who instead of sending it back to be redrawn, she appointed another very conservative judge to redraw it, and Cuomo just let it happen. That judge has since been forced to step down)

And let's not forget that Desantis' gerrymandering in FL will likely be overturned by a judge after the election of course.

Trying to stamp what happened in the midterms as a win for pubs? It should be viewed as much more of a wake up call.
Like I said we can play what if and talk about gerrymandering- as if dems have not done it also, impacting the results. We could also talk about what if roe was not vacated by scotus and you are probably looking at significantly more gains by pubs in the house and control of the senate. We can certainly talk about reasons, expectations, etc. However, it is not a question to whether or not what happened was a win for pubs. There is a scoreboard. Pubs are unquestionably better off than they were before the election. That is simply not debatable.

I think the wake up call, if you can even call it that, is that trump clearly dragged the party down. Not that this should be some great revelation to anyone other than trump loyalist. I think it is an indictment of trump much more than the overall party. To be fair, until he is gone he is still there and an anchor to the party, to belabor the obvious. I think he had as much(negative) impact with many of his people winning primary races (along with help in many instances from dems running/paying for ads for his candidates) in swing state races in both the senate and house as he did before the final elections took place. If we just had non trump candidates, I think we pick up 2-3 more senate seats at least, but that is more of those what ifs you were talking about and not what is.

Dems gained total control in couple of state legislature, so it will be interesting to see if your view on gerrymandering changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoshi121374
Like I said we can play what if and talk about gerrymandering- as if dems have not done it also, impacting the results. We could also talk about what if roe was not vacated by scotus and you are probably looking at significantly more gains by pubs in the house and control of the senate. We can certainly talk about reasons, expectations, etc. However, it is not a question to whether or not what happened was a win for pubs. There is a scoreboard. Pubs are unquestionably better off than they were before the election. That is simply not debatable.

I think the wake up call, if you can even call it that, is that trump clearly dragged the party down. Not that this should be some great revelation to anyone other than trump loyalist. I think it is an indictment of trump much more than the overall party. To be fair, until he is gone he is still there and an anchor to the party, to belabor the obvious. I think he had as much(negative) impact with many of his people winning primary races (along with help in many instances from dems running/paying for ads for his candidates) in swing state races in both the senate and house as he did before the final elections took place. If we just had non trump candidates, I think we pick up 2-3 more senate seats at least, but that is more of those what ifs you were talking about and not what is.

Dems gained total control in couple of state legislature, so it will be interesting to see if your view on gerrymandering changes.

I never said the dems dont gerrymander. I just said that many of the pub gains in this election were a result of gerrymandering.

Meh. Most of the gains that pubs made in the house were a result of gerrymandering (not all, mind you). That is even the case in NY, where Cuomo shat the bed with his own redistricting. (the dems attempted their own gerrymandering, Cuomo sent it to a very conservative judge, who instead of sending it back to be redrawn, she appointed another very conservative judge to redraw it, and Cuomo just let it happen. That judge has since been forced to step down)

And let's not forget that Desantis' gerrymandering in FL will likely be overturned by a judge after the election of course.

Trying to stamp what happened in the midterms as a win for pubs? It should be viewed as much more of a wake up call.
The only way it wasn’t worse for the dems is because of the strong student loan debt kids turned out to try to secure a false debt payoff. The young voter turnout proves this. The dems tried to buy the house back and failed.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Now do trump. How much money does he still have in his PAC?

all of it
Trump never said he was spending money on midterm candidates. He was always raising money for 2024. His endorsement alone was worth millions in funding.

Trump never said he was spending money on midterm candidates. He was always raising money for 2024. His endorsement alone was worth millions in funding.
Seriously. Tell me what swing states you think he is going to win. PA, AZ,NV, GA, NM, CO, VA, MI, WI. NV might be the only one of those he would be favored in, imo.

Oh yes! You happy @iceheart08 ? I know you love her.

she should be absolutely ashamed of her performance here. Its an R+9 district, meaning a generic republican should win by 9, instead shes going to win by a few hundred votes. absolutely embarassing. she's going to lose next election.

the fact that you all are gleefully celebrating her victory is also kinda stupid. this is like Clemson beating the citadel on a last-second field goal after being down the whole game, and then Clemson fans celebrating the win like we won the natty. embarrassing.

she should be absolutely ashamed of her performance here. Its an R+9 district, meaning a generic republican should win by 9, instead shes going to win by a few hundred votes. absolutely embarassing. she's going to lose next election.

the fact that you all are gleefully celebrating her victory is also kinda stupid. this is like Clemson beating the citadel on a last-second field goal after being down the whole game, and then Clemson fans celebrating the win like we won the natty. embarrassing.

thanks-awesome.gif

See Growls, this is how you concede an election with class. Notice how he didn't claim fraud and ask for an investigation?

Very interesting. Dirty dems always seem 2 steps ahead of the republicans though.

This punk is a fricking joke. He must think he is going to be taken care of. I would not spit on his ass if he was on fire. No this has not a damn thing to to with Herschels quality as a candidate but has everything to do with the uniparty declaring scorched earth war on America First candidates. I just want all the conservative sleepers to know this. The establishment repubs absolutely would rather throw these races than let America First candidates win.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT