ADVERTISEMENT

My experience at UGA last week...

danielwbanks

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2016
I had never been to a game at UGA but my boss, who is a Dawgs fan invited me to go to the game with him and his boss who was in town. I met them in downtown Athens and parked across the street from his hotel and rode over to the baseball stadium with them.

The campus and facilities were very impressive and the fans weren't rude or obnoxious. I was thinking of all the stories I'd heard of how horrible they can be to opposing fans but my experience was pleasant other than the outcome of the game.

However, over the next day or two I noticed that my truck was driving a little odd. I needed an oil change and figured that I would have the Toyota dealership check it out when I dropped it off soon. The problem got worse and worse and as I drove home from work Thursday night I was very concerned and trying to figure out what was wrong. It was then that I noticed that my rear driver side tire was wobbling. Fortunately, I was only about a mile or so from the dealership and was able to limp it over to them and drop it off. When they called me the next day, the girl warned me (without me giving any back story) that someone had loosened the lug nuts on my tire and that is how two of them were sheared off and a third was on its way.

Despicable behavior, but a word to the wise to never park your vehicle in downtown Athens if you have a Clemson tag on the front and a Clemson sticker on the back windshield. Apparently the stories are true!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News