ADVERTISEMENT

noted historian and Clemson professor

99jgic.jpg

You contribute nothing to mankind
is that right.....is that you taint paint? posting under a different alias? you don't know crap about what I have done in my life so go sit on a dry corncob....probably be the high point...LoL...of your 4th...tee you are dee.

is that right.....is that you taint paint? posting under a different alias? you don't know crap about what I have done in my life so go sit on a dry corncob....probably be the high point...LoL...of your 4th...tee you are dee.
Hahaha silly douche. Not taint, but betting on him for the fight....you need to stop bitching out.

Vernon is a colleague, and is a complicated, peculiar man but extraordinarily intelligent, has a good heart and can really articulate ideas well, as he does in this piece.

Good read. Not sure what OP wants to bicker about here other than remind people that he's a dope.

Hahaha silly douche. Not taint, but betting on him for the fight....you need to stop bitching out.
middle finger salute to you scummy lib. you and OVBurton.....you think I despise Burton for that one interview in the Indexjournal? He has been a shvthead his entire life.....I knew him in high school and at Furman and while he was an instructor at Illinois. very dubious scholar to put it mildly......makes Joe Biden look legit.

Vernon is a colleague, and is a complicated, peculiar man but extraordinarily intelligent, has a good heart and can really articulate ideas well, as he does in this piece.

Good read. Not sure what OP wants to bicker about here other than remind people that he's a dope.
I'll give you peculiar but not complicated. He is as predictable as taking a morning sitdown after breakfast. "extraordinarily intelligent"......LOL....I cant type I am laughing so hard.

Great article

Anyone in favor of the confederate flag flies to the top if WORST PEOPLE ALIVE rankings.

Reactions: Da Swami
I agree with igachoochoo. I know the guy personally and he's a moron.

As for this piece....
Well written. Concise, backed up with facts and an enjoyable read. I would definitely read it again.
I'm definitely not with igoogachoo on this, but I didn't like the article. At first I was thinking it was something this Burton dude wrote, but I had to go back and see it was written by someone named Collin Riddle. As for being well written, maybe for an 8th grader. It reads like an 8th graders book report. Every sentence begins with "Burton said" or "Burton argues" or "Burton added". Not an original thought in it and not very cohesive. I found it difficult to read.

As for the flag issue, I'm not sure where I stand, although I lean towards taking it down. I'm proud of my Southern heritage and personally do not think of the flag as racist, at least not for me. I have never worn something with the confederate flag or flown one because I don't want anyone to think I'm a redneck or gamecock trailer trash. On the opposite side, I understand it is hurtful and a very emotional symbol to a lot of good people, and as Burton points out, "taxpayers" (only good thing I got out of the article). Add in the NAACP boycott and the fact that the flag hurts our state economically and keeps us from hosting NCAA events, and I am inclined to support it's removal.

So are you pissed that he boned your sister or that he destroy your bullshit "heritage" in one article?
he did not destroy anything.....he just mouthed the liberal line.....and I guess he did "bone" my sister since they had a daughter so I will give him that one.....definately don't envy him

I'm definitely not with igoogachoo on this, but I didn't like the article. At first I was thinking it was something this Burton dude wrote, but I had to go back and see it was written by someone named Collin Riddle. As for being well written, maybe for an 8th grader. It reads like an 8th graders book report. Every sentence begins with "Burton said" or "Burton argues" or "Burton added". Not an original thought in it and not very cohesive. I found it difficult to read.

As for the flag issue, I'm not sure where I stand, although I lean towards taking it down. I'm proud of my Southern heritage and personally do not think of the flag as racist, at least not for me. I have never worn something with the confederate flag or flown one because I don't want anyone to think I'm a redneck or gamecock trailer trash. On the opposite side, I understand it is hurtful and a very emotional symbol to a lot of good people, and as Burton points out, "taxpayers" (only good thing I got out of the article). Add in the NAACP boycott and the fact that the flag hurts our state economically and keeps us from hosting NCAA events, and I am inclined to support it's removal.

Yeah..... I was joking. I don't even know the guy. Just saying that whether you agree with the guy or not in his personal life, how accurate was his information. You clearly addressed the work not the person. Was he inaccurate in his claims? Was the article poorly written, etc. OP just attacked him personally. My attempt at humor failed. Sorry.

hey, navytigersc....I gave you peculiar because any one who would willingly marry my sister without a paternity suit hanging over his head has to be strange. But really,OVB has never had an original thought.....He is a liberal political ideologue....straight ass democrat all the way....I fully expect him to declare himself a negro, a la Rachel Dolezal.
The white trash piece of shite is at it again… seriously, you have to be one of the worst people walking on the face of the earth. I not only feel sorry for the people that are related to you, but for anyone that actually might know you. And knowing your stance on other races as well as the fact that your sister would have paternity suits out there, I think your trashiness is well documented on the site.

The white trash piece of shite is at it again… seriously, you have to be one of the worst people walking on the face of the earth. I not only feel sorry for the people that are related to you, but for anyone that actually might know you. And knowing your stance on other races as well as the fact that your sister would have paternity suits out there, I think your trashiness is well documented on the site.
good gosh man....your reading comprehension sucks.

hey, navytigersc....I gave you peculiar because any one who would willingly marry my sister without a paternity suit hanging over his head has to be strange. But really,OVB has never had an original thought.....He is a liberal political ideologue....straight ass democrat all the way....I fully expect him to declare himself a negro, a la Rachel Dolezal.

How much more would you hate him? If he was a negro I mean?

Take heart -- the ancient POS will soon be dead.

at one time this....fellow....was my brother-in-law. I have nothing but contempt and loathing for him. http://www.indexjournal.com/news/Heritage-or-hate-
War had absolutely NOTHING to do with slavery, it's easily proveable to all but the most brainwashed (and there are many of those).
And the South has long since put racism behind it. Look at how Southerners reacted to the shooting.

Lots of historians- enen those with a doctorate - don't know history or try to interject their agenda.

Reactions: 1983Grad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT