ADVERTISEMENT

Prostate cancer

Tsali

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2011
I know there have been several threads here on TI, but allow me share my experience. In Sept. ' 21 my annual blood workup showed an elevated PSA, cancer confirmed by a biopsy. Rechecked PSA every 90 days as it slowly increased. MRI in Jan. confirmed it was time to do something before it spread. Please everyone get checked early and often. Had my prostate removed two weeks ago. Now cancer free!!!!

Wait, wha'...? Pathology of the prostate showed cancer on the margins (outside). Now waiting 60 days to recheck PSA to see if the cancer has spread. Currently on day five in the hospital with a high fever from a bad UTI infection. High powered antibiotics not helping. Naturally in my head I'm thinking the cancer has spread to my bladder.

As uncomfortable as I was waiting and waiting to move forward with surgery I deferred to my urologist, and now it is really taking a toll on my mental well being. Be proactive! If you are uncomfortable waiting talk to your urologist about it. Thank you for letting me get on my soapbox.

FYI- I'm 65yo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News