ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTUS Ruling: No Racial Discrimination in College Admissions

Racial discrimination in college admissions is wrong/unconstitutional

• Agree

• Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wrong.

My great great great grandfathers lived in other countries. So they certainly didn’t have access to some magical education, land and financing.

My great grandfathers didn’t move here until well after the civil war. I’m roughly 4th generation American on average with most coming around the turn of the 20th century.

All of my great grand and grand parents were very, very blue collar/middle class. No land to speak of other than a super modest home, maybe. No sophisticated financing. No college education.

My family’s college education - the entirety of it - began in 1968 when my father enrolled at Clemson. Of course this was already post civil rights.

So don’t give me some shit about generations of privilege of land and education. That’s not the case for me nor for most Americans.

Was your great great great grandfather beaten for reading? Or daring to try to make agency for himself? So you guys show up after all this struggle and strife and your thought is: we had it just as bad?
Shove off. You had more success in your family history leading to better nutrition and better outcomes which led you to where you are.
Get kidnapped to another country and enslaved and lets see how your decendents fare.

I come from the hills of Appalachia. We fought in the revolutionary and civil wars. What so many romanticize around Clemson. You apparently have no context for the history here..and my family never had to deal with a country enslaving them and neither did yours so stop being obtuse. Again you think 60 years of fair play in the laws makes up for all of that?

If we are going to do away with AA then present a numbers based study on the reason why. Not your corruptable FEELINGS. Until then this is just prescedent thrown aside for vanity.

Oh and the talking points that most Americans havent had education and land... yeah they have. You and your late coming forefathers just dont know. They didnt let them read dude. Read.

Last edited:
Reactions: fcctiger12
Reactions: loveoysters
So Obama family owned slaves but Trump family did not. Smoke that in your peace pipe.

The Truth Finally Comes Out About Obama’s Family – His Life Is A Lie​

Trump Cheers After All Three of His Supreme Court Picks Vote to Crush Affirmative Action at Colleges​

Trump cheered the Supreme Court’s decision – “This is a great day for America.”

“This is a great day for America. People with extraordinary ability and everything else necessary for success, including future greatness for our Country, are finally being rewarded. This is the ruling everyone was waiting and hoping for and the result was amazing. It will also keep us competitive with the rest of the world. Our greatest minds must be cherished and that’s what this wonderful day has brought. We’re going back to all merit-based—and that’s the way it should be!”

trump-smile-winner.jpg

Reactions: tigersrule#
Was your great great great grandfather beaten for reading? Or daring to try to make agency for himself? So you guys show up after all this struggle and strife and your thought is: we had it just as bad?
Shove off. You had more success in your family history leading to better nutrition and better outcomes which led you to where you are.
Get kidnapped to another country and enslaved and lets see how your decendents fare.

I come from the hills of Appalachia. We fought in the revolutionary and civil wars. What so many romanticize around Clemson. You apparently have no context for the history here..and my family never had to deal with a country enslaving them and neither did yours so stop being obtuse. Again you think 60 years of fair play in the laws makes up for all of that?

If we are going to do away with AA then present a numbers based study on the reason why. Not your corruptable FEELINGS. Until then this is just prescedent thrown aside for vanity.

Oh and the talking points that most Americans havent had education and land... yeah they have. You and your late coming forefathers just dont know. They didnt let them read dude. Read.

I don't know if my great great great grandfather was beaten. He (whichever one) would have been somewhere in early 19th century Europe. But things that happened to him 160+ years ago have no affect on me.

I didn't say "we had it just as bad." You brought up certain privilege like land and financing and college education. Many, if not most college applicants don't have the benefit of land holdings and generational wealth and whatever else. This is not unique to AAs. I have inherited no land. I have inherited no wealth. My parents were the first in their families to go to college and that was after the civil rights era. This is the norm for most people.

There is absolutely nothing today preventing an AA from working hard in school and producing equal grades and scores as anyone else. There is nothing preventing AA parents from encouraging their children and holding them accountable for success in the classroom. To suggest otherwise is frankly racist.

I don't know if my great great great grandfather was beaten. He (whichever one) would have been somewhere in early 19th century Europe. But things that happened to him 160+ years ago have no affect on me.

I didn't say "we had it just as bad." You brought up certain privilege like land and financing and college education. Many, if not most college applicants don't have the benefit of land holdings and generational wealth and whatever else. This is not unique to AAs. I have inherited no land. I have inherited no wealth. My parents were the first in their families to go to college and that was after the civil rights era. This is the norm for most people.

There is absolutely nothing today preventing an AA from working hard in school and producing equal grades and scores as anyone else. There is nothing preventing AA parents from encouraging their children and holding them accountable for success in the classroom. To suggest otherwise is frankly racist.

Totally dead on

Coming home from WW2 most of the Greatest Generation had nothing

My dad got $20 when disembarking in New York on the return ship trip from Europe

A small duffle bag and wood trunk with his military clothes were his only possessions on earth

All his parents died when he was serving multiple theaters in Europe

Wooden house he had lived in before serving burnt down so when he hot home he had to continue to live in the woods roughing it

Finally found a job working on the railroad

Married my mom

YES he was a privileged white man

Or so some might think so who are moronic

Life was tough for everyone

Suck it u all you buttercups

I on the other hand was very lucky

I learned from my parents sharing their brutal life experiences

Took their advice to get an education

And prospered

My father marched with MLK. I say that, to say that I’m sure we can 100% agree that he did not get a fair shake. Because he did not, he is not fully equipped with the skills to show me everything I needed.

Is that something that you reject? Now, my father was college educated, and it was important to him that I go to college. However, he was one of the few that made it during those rough times. I realize how much that is a blessing. However, he knew nothing of IRAs, or how money works in general. I had to learn that once my business started to do well, and I’m still learning. I say that to say it’s not as simple as working hard. Some of us just need an opportunity and we will prosper. I think it also says some thing for school if they want people from diverse backgrounds, I think it heightens the college experience.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are folks who get into school, because of who their daddy is, or they are a legacy. Many black folks can’t be a legacy, our parents are no one. The fact that this is OK, and the pursuit of a diverse Student body is not, is quite puzzling.

Dear spskillz

This is very important
Your words.
I say that to say it’s not as simple as working hard. Some of us just need an opportunity and we will prosper.

Plain hard work is plain hard work. Just hard work will not get you there. It's a part only. There has to be more in the equation to reach what you or I deem successful. There has got to be some luck and some person who helps you sometimes get over the barriers. a mentor or friend. Getting ahead is tough. Bunches of factors.

My son said he wanted to become a millionaire way back in the day. Then One day he looked at me and said I am now the millionaire, but I can say most people are not willing to pay the price to get there.

And to do it yourself has a huge price.

Your Words
On the other end of the spectrum, there are folks who get into school, because of who their daddy is, or they are a legacy.

When I applied to college in 1970, I was a bumpkin from the backwoods of South Carolina.
Accepted to three colleges Clemson, South Carolina and the outlier Princeton. I almost attended it , but fear led me to Clemson as I was scared to get too far from home. I was accepted to Princeton as they were trying to get people from around the country to diversify the student mix. So I understand that idea and actually support some method of diversifying student bodies by for example zip codes or states or economic depressed areas.

But to be clear I was not a legacy at Princeton and that surprised me and I kind of wish i had gone there but I did love Clemson.

fix k-12 education in our country. Stop spending money on useless proxy wars and frivolous programs. This is a government issue not a rep or dem issue.

Inner city schools, rural schools. Etc all are lacking in resources and adequately trained and compensated teachers.

Vote out the corrupt leaders and fix the education system.

This would give all races, backgrounds, financial etc kids a more level playing field and would actually allow proper equity.

But the politicians benefit too much from an ignorant populace they wont fix it.

My father marched with MLK. I say that, to say that I’m sure we can 100% agree that he did not get a fair shake. Because he did not, he is not fully equipped with the skills to show me everything I needed.

Is that something that you reject? Now, my father was college educated, and it was important to him that I go to college. However, he was one of the few that made it during those rough times. I realize how much that is a blessing. However, he knew nothing of IRAs, or how money works in general. I had to learn that once my business started to do well, and I’m still learning. I say that to say it’s not as simple as working hard. Some of us just need an opportunity and we will prosper. I think it also says some thing for school if they want people from diverse backgrounds, I think it heightens the college experience.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are folks who get into school, because of who their daddy is, or they are a legacy. Many black folks can’t be a legacy, our parents are no one. The fact that this is OK, and the pursuit of a diverse Student body is not, is quite puzzling.

I don’t reject that. But we’re talking about college admissions. So kids whose parents grew up in the 80s or 90s. Kids and parents with access to the internet and all of the knowledge anyone needs. The parents of current and future college applicants did not march with MLK.

And limited parental knowledge and skill isn’t somehow a AA thing. Plenty of immigrants parents know nothing of IRAs. What about them? Or shitty PWT parents with no money skills. Heck, my grandmother grew up in the Charleston orphanage, so she didn’t even have parents.

Legacy stuff is also an exception. The vast majority of kids get into school based on merit, not who their parents are. I don’t think that’s a good reason to implement systemic racial discrimination in college admissions.

Last edited:
Reactions: OleFastball
I can’t speak for other ethnicities, but black folks continue to need more opportunities considering the deficit from the last 300 years. That’s ok though, if a university really cares they can work around it.
And that will be the same narrative in the next 300 years. At some point you have to take the training wheels off. Until the last few years racism existed but on a much less scale. People were getting past most all of that. The last few years racism is making a comeback where it is becoming ALL about race, and much of it from the black people. MLK has rolled so much in his grave that he's bored a hole!!! I truly believe MLK was an icon and powerful force in Civil Rights, and ironically the same 'Deep State' was investigating and harassing him. MLK has turned into another torn down statue for leftist blacks (and whites) because they no longer believe what he said. He is now like anyone who fought back regarding the chant 'Black Lives Matter' (BLM) by saying 'All Lives Matter' and were labelled as racists for doing so. Today MLK would be labelled a racist for saying all lives (and colors) matter.

It is time to continue MLK's theme that it is not about the color of the skin but the content of the character. That and grades should get you college scholarships, not quotas. Choosing for color will only get you more division...

Last edited:
And that will be the same narrative in the next 300 years. At some point you have to take the training wheels off. Until the last few years racism existed but on a much less scale. People were getting past most all of that. The last few years racism is making a comeback where it is becoming ALL about race, and much of it from the black people. MLK has rolled so much in his grave that h'es bored a hole!!! I truly believe MLK was an icon and powerful force in Civil Rights, and ironically the same 'Deep State' was investigating and harassing him. MLK has turned into another torn down statue for leftist blacks (and whites) because they no longer believe what he said. He is now like anyone who fought back regarding the chant 'Black Lives Matter' (BLM) by saying 'All Lives Matter' and were labelled as racists for doing so. Today MLK would be labelled a racist for saying all lives (and colors) matter.

It is time to continue MLK's theme that it is not about the color of the skin but the content of the character. That and grades should get you college scholarships, not quotas. Choosing for color will only get you more division...
I say this aware of the irony, but try not to argue with the dumbasses who emotionally scream racism everytime. (Oh yeah it’s there, don’t get it twisted, but it’s not as bad as some claim.) That’s not representative of all of us. And BTW, the reason why we are able to think is because WE WENT TO F’N COLLEGE and learned and experienced a DIVERSE group of people.

Speaking of the next 300 years, it might help if you let some stuff go too. Like Tillman Hall, Wade Hampton Blvd, etc. You want us to forget? Well stop throwing it in our face.

I say this aware of the irony, but try not to argue with the dumbasses who emotionally scream racism everytime. (Oh yeah it’s there, don’t get it twisted, but it’s not as bad as some claim.) That’s not representative of all of us. And BTW, the reason why we are able to think is because WE WENT TO F’N COLLEGE and learned and experienced a DIVERSE group of people.

Speaking of the next 300 years, it might help if you let some stuff go too. Like Tillman Hall, Wade Hampton Blvd, etc. You want us to forget? Well stop throwing it in our face.
There are some historical figures who should not be represented in any way with a statue etc. But their legacy needs to always be there and be remembered for the good and bad. For example Adolf Hitler. But changing the name of Fort Bragg, NC because he was a Confederate general should not happen at all. Gen. Bragg also fought in the Mexican-American War. I assume you want to see the statues and memorials for George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln removed too? George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were large slave owners.

Quotes by Abraham Lincoln:

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.” (Abraham Lincoln)

* Abraham Lincoln 'wanted to deport slaves' to new colonies. Abraham Lincoln wanted to ship freed black slaves away from the US to British colonies in the Caribbean even in the final months of his life, it has emerged. His thoughts about shipping the slaves back to Africa was under consideration but it was deemed unfeasible due to the cost of shipping over 4,000,000 freed slaves. Abraham Lincoln is frequently voted America's greatest President due to his stance on slavery.

Of course the Marxist agenda is to sow division in racial harmony, and one of those is by continually preaching that whites are still enslaving them by keeping them down (and out of college because of their skin color), singing the tunes of reparations, etc. As a genealogist and historian I have seen many documents and records on slavery. I myself have had ancestors that show ownership of slaves in US Census records and wills where family member inherited certain slaves. I even have 1% of black DNA from Nigeria if that means anything? But as a christian I considered slavery a horrible thing, and I often wonder how so called christians could ever have participated and profited in it. But you know the old saying, 'for the love of money…' But I will say here from understanding much of the whole picture of slavery is that this discussion will have the racists coming out of the floor boards calling me one for saying this. But someone dispute on here what I am about to say:

Given that the whole institution of slavery I consider morally, biblically, and politically wrong, and I do consider it as a stain on this history of this country, and among other events as well, such as the treatment of the Native Americans. But this I can say from the historical records:

Most all slavery started as a consequence of native African tribes conquering other tribes and taking slaves themselves. When the Dutch, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish were trading with the Western African nations (to make money!!!), the African tribes who had themselves slaves as property from conquering other tribes, had found that slaves could be traded for merchant and money with these European merchants. And of course for the love of making money, the European merchants found a market for buying and acquiring African slaves to also make money. Slaves were bought and traded in Europe (especially England) and then the American colonies. That still makes the institution of slavery wrong, but it was again all about money and profit, which the southern colonies in American found the most profitable.

And so began the 'Slave Trade' business. There may have been some European merchants and slave traders going into Africa itself and capturing slaves, but record has it that the vast majority of slaves were bought and sold by other African tribes. The Europeans kept records of this that survive to this day. Again, that doesn't make it right!!!

In the Americas within the slavery business you had some slave owners that were good and humane to their slaves, and others who were not, and some downright evil. But I would say from what I have seen that the majority of slave owners were good to their slaves. Record has it that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson (who were among the largest slave owners) were very good to their slaves. I have seen many records and family writings, and wills, that also show this as well. When a man (husband) or female heir died at that time, they often wrote in their will what a family member would inherit, and slaves were prevalent among the inventory list of a will, as slaves were considered property. Again, I loathe the thought of this!!! But the slaves in these wills were most often talked about and loved, and in many instances considered part of the family, in that they were mid-wives, cared for the children, and some who were an institutional part of the family and were highly educated. The rare cases where we see the brutality of slavery had much more to do about the greed of a person to make the slave owner more profitable that anything else.

My paternal 3rd great-grandfather James Henry Howton Sr. (1807-1865) from Madisonville, Hopkins, Kentucky operated an underground railroad the to get slaves across the Ohio River to the free state of Ohio at great risk. He would be brought the slaves and hide them in an old well, and even brought them into his house and sat them at his dinner table to feed them, and in darkness brought them to a boat/barge to safely get them to Ohio. He did this for years, and allowed many slaves to live out their lives free in Ohio.

So this is the question that I posit today, and the one that most on here will be kicking their dogs, slapping their wives, and cursing at. With showing that the institution of slavery was wrong from top to bottom, from inside to out, my thoughts are this as an historian and genealogist. Blacks today should consider this: Think about all that their ancestors went through for them to be where they are today. They endured the institution of slavery in every part, the inhumane part, the moral part, the harsh part, the ethical part, and the brutal part. They had to endure this, and in many cases by them having to endure this, their ancestors today get to enjoy all of the economical and religious advantages (among other) that they have. But what if there was no slavery or slave trade. What could those who have these luxuries and freedoms have today?

Well, many of those Western African nations are in poverty, civil strife, famine, and disease. Some are under the influences of Islam that do not allow women many rights. There are still tribal warfare in which conquering tribes are still capturing people and making them slaves. Some groups are raiding and capturing women and young girls and giving them to men against their will to have sex and marry. Yes, America has their issues too, but nothing compared to what many have to endure over there today. So my feeling is that, regardless of the horrible institution of slavery in America's history, those ancestors today should be giving thanks to their ancestors for enduring this for their (today's ancestors) good and prosperity. It the light many are in an advantageous situation due to their ancestors. Yes we still have poverty in some places here, and drug additions, etc., but this has somewhat increased recently due to an 'open door' immigration system.

Again, these slaves had not say in whether they wanted to come to the American colonies, and had to leave what families they had in Africa behind. And the whole institution is just morally and biblically wrong!!! I still fuss (and accuse) those people who back then harped on religious freedoms but believed in slavery. They are some of the biggest hypocrites on record in my view. And I say that also to my family members from that time!!! But I say "from that time" as I had no say in it, and I myself had no slaves and deplore the whole institution. But today I am accused of being a systemically racist for being white because of it. As also a horticulturist, I know what try mean by systemic. I applied the weed killer Roundup which works systemically.
That means basically that it is taken up by roots or in through the leaves and is worked through the whole system to kill the plant. So being born systemically racist means you are born racist, or it is essentially in this case, you are genetically racist, that is it is in your DNA. That is foolish, considering that it is (or was) known to be environmentally an issue.

But back to the point. I believe that again as an historian and genealogist that you always have a process, whether that is progress or regression. Many of the African Americans in this country today who descend from slaves (and because of their ancestors who endured it) benefit by being in this country, certainly benefit from what many are having to endure in some of the African countries today. My thoughts are that I would be doing more thanks to my ancestors than continually attacking this country because of it. That doesn't change a thing. Improving laws and relationships do, not creating further division, as is seemingly the recipe today. But again, someone dispute me historically (and even genealogically) on my narrative.

OK, fire away... :rolleyes:

Reactions: TigerGrowls
fix k-12 education in our country. Stop spending money on useless proxy wars and frivolous programs. This is a government issue not a rep or dem issue.

Inner city schools, rural schools. Etc all are lacking in resources and adequately trained and compensated teachers.

Vote out the corrupt leaders and fix the education system.

This would give all races, backgrounds, financial etc kids a more level playing field and would actually allow proper equity.

But the politicians benefit too much from an ignorant populace they wont fix it.

Your last sentence is the issue. Why have a unified educated populace who would NEVER vote for the dicks in charge when you can have a dumb uneducated population that will be led by their stupidity and nose ring to vote Democrat

Some Republicans feel the same

There are some historical figures who should not be represented in any way with a statue etc. But their legacy needs to always be there and be remembered for the good and bad. For example Adolf Hitler. But changing the name of Fort Bragg, NC because he was a Confederate general should not happen at all. Gen. Bragg also fought in the Mexican-American War. I assume you want to see the statues and memorials for George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln removed too? George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were large slave owners.

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.” (Abraham Lincoln)

* Abraham Lincoln 'wanted to deport slaves' to new colonies. Abraham Lincoln wanted to ship freed black slaves away from the US to British colonies in the Caribbean even in the final months of his life, it has emerged. His thoughts about shipping the slaves back to Africa was under consideration but it was deemed unfeasible due to the cost of shipping over 4,000,000 freed slaves. Abraham Lincoln is frequently voted America's greatest President due to his stance on slavery.

Of course the Marxist agenda is to sow division in racial harmony, and one of those is by continually preaching that whites are still enslaving them by keeping them down (and out of college because of their skin color), singing the tunes of reparations, etc. As a genealogist and historian I have seen many documents and records on slavery. I myself have had ancestors that show ownership of slaves in US Census records and wills where family member inherited certain slaves. I even have 1% of black DNA from Nigeria if that means anything? But as a christian I considered slavery a horrible thing, and I often wonder how so called christians could ever have participated and profited in it. But you know the old saying, 'for the love of money…' But I will say here from understanding much of the whole picture of slavery is that this discussion will have the racists coming out of the floor boards calling me one for saying this. But someone dispute on here what I am about to say:

Given that the whole institution of slavery I consider morally, biblically, and politically wrong, and I do consider it as a stain on this history of this country, and among other events as well, such as the treatment of the Native Americans. But this I can say from the historical records:

Most all slavery started as a consequence of native African tribes conquering other tribes and taking slaves themselves. When the Dutch, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish were trading with the Western African nations (to make money!!!), the African tribes who had themselves slaves as property from conquering other tribes, had found that slaves could be traded for merchant and money with these European merchants. And of course for the love of making money, the European merchants found a market for buying and acquiring African slaves to also make money. Slaves were bought and traded in Europe (especially England) and then the American colonies. That still makes the institution of slavery wrong, but it was again all about money and profit, which the southern colonies in American found the most profitable.

And so began the 'Slave Trade' business. There may have been some European merchants and slave traders going into Africa itself and capturing slaves, but record has it that the vast majority of slaves were bought and sold by other African tribes. The Europeans kept records of this that survive to this day. Again, that doesn't make it right!!!

In the Americas within the slavery business you had some slave owners that were good and humane to their slaves, and others who were not, and some downright evil. But I would say from what I have seen that the majority of slave owners were good to their slaves. Record has it that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson (who were among the largest slave owners) were very good to their slaves. I have seen many records and family writings, and wills, that also show this as well. When a man (husband) or female heir died at that time, they often wrote in their will what a family member would inherit, and slaves were prevalent among the inventory list of a will, as slaves were considered property. Again, I loathe the thought of this!!! But the slaves in these wills were most often talked about and loved, and in many instances considered part of the family, in that they were mid-wives, cared for the children, and some who were an institutional part of the family and were highly educated. The rare cases where we see the brutality of slavery had much more to do about the greed of a person to make the slave owner more profitable that anything else.

My paternal 3rd great-grandfather James Henry Howton Sr. (1807-1865) from Madisonville, Hopkins, Kentucky operated an underground railroad the to get slaves across the Ohio River to the free state of Ohio at great risk. He would be brought the slaves and hide them in an old well, and even brought them into his house and sat them at his dinner table to feed them, and in darkness brought them to a boat/barge to safely get them to Ohio. He did this for years, and allowed many slaves to live out their lives free in Ohio.

So this is the question that I posit today, and the one that most on here will be kicking their dogs, slapping their wives, and cursing at. With showing that the institution of slavery was wrong from top to bottom, from inside to out, my thoughts are this as an historian and genealogist. Blacks today should consider this: Think about all that their ancestors went through for them to be where they are today. They endured the institution of slavery in every part, the inhumane part, the moral part, the harsh part, the ethical part, and the brutal part. They had to endure this, and in many cases by them having to endure this, their ancestors today get to enjoy all of the economical and religious advantages (among other) that they have. But what if there was no slavery or slave trade. What could those who have these luxuries and freedoms have today?

Well, many of those Western African nations are in poverty, civil strife, famine, and disease. Some are under the influences of Islam that do not allow women many rights. There are still tribal warfare in which conquering tribes are still capturing people and making them slaves. Some groups are raiding and capturing women and young girls and giving them to men against their will to have sex and marry. Yes, America has their issues too, but nothing compared to what many have to endure over there today. So my feeling is that, regardless of the horrible institution of slavery in America's history, those ancestors today should be giving thanks to their ancestors for enduring this for their (today's ancestors) good and prosperity. It the light many are in an advantageous situation due to their ancestors. Yes we still have poverty in some places here, and drug additions, etc., but this has somewhat increased recently due to an 'open door' immigration system.

Again, these slaves had not say in whether they wanted to come to the American colonies, and had to leave what families they had in Africa behind. And the whole institution is just morally and biblically wrong!!! I still fuss (and accuse) those people who back then harped on religious freedoms but believed in slavery. They are some of the biggest hypocrites on record in my view. And I say that also to my family members from that time!!! But I say "from that time" as I had no say in it, and I myself had no slaves and deplore the whole institution. But today I am accused of being a systemically racist for being white because of it. As also a horticulturist, I know what try mean by systemic. I applied the weed killer Roundup which works systemically.
That means basically that it is taken up by roots or in through the leaves and is worked through the whole system to kill the plant. So being born systemically racist means you are born racist, or it is essentially in this case, you are genetically racist, that is it is in your DNA. That is foolish, considering that it is (or was) known to be environmentally an issue.

But back to the point. I believe that again as an historian and genealogist that you always have a process, whether that is progress or regression. Many of the African Americans in this country today who descend from slaves (and because of their ancestors who endured it) benefit by being in this country, certainly benefit from what many are having to endure in some of the African countries today. My thoughts are that I would be doing more thanks to my ancestors than continually attacking this country because of it. That doesn't change a thing. Improving laws and relationships do, not creating further division, as is seemingly the recipe today. But again, someone dispute me historically (and even genealogically) on my narrative.

Pretty much covered it

The problem today with people is they want to be a victim and sit their lazy ass down and have it handed to them

Get an education and fight to earn

You will suceed with the tools

Most people who complain about racism
are the worse of racists but don ‘t know or acknoledge it

I already knew your position, you want black folks to move on but you have no intention of doing so AND you are willing to go into the weeds to defend it.

Well, we’re cool, but I don’t trust you or anyone who says stuff like this.

Pretty much covered it

The problem today with people is they want to be a victim and sit their lazy ass down and have it handed to them

Get an education and fight to earn

You will suceed with the tools

Most people who complain about racism
are the worse of racists but don ‘t know or acknoledge it
This thread is about affirmative action for college. If someone is in a position to go to college, they aren’t lazy. There is a difference between entitlement programs and the ability of a college to seek diversity. I’m disappointed, I thought we were having a good discussion, but it appears that you and treetiger don’t see a distinction.

NVM. Y’all have a good 4th.

This thread is about affirmative action for college. If someone is in a position to go to college, they aren’t lazy. There is a difference between entitlement programs and the ability of a college to seek diversity. I’m disappointed, I thought we were having a good discussion, but it appears that you and treetiger don’t see a distinction.

NVM. Y’all have a good 4th.

I think the objective of diversity is a good one. But discriminating based on race to achieve it is problematic. How is it fair to deny a kid admission to college in favor of someone with lower grades and test scores simply because they were born a certain race? We have to find other ways to help diversity. Perhaps starting earlier (not at college admissions) to ensure all races are able to produce equivalent scores.

I think the objective of diversity is a good one. But discriminating based on race to achieve it is problematic. How is it fair to deny a kid admission to college in favor of someone with lower grades and test scores simply because they were born a certain race? We have to find other ways to help diversity. Perhaps starting earlier (not at college admissions) to ensure all races are able to produce equivalent scores.
But it’s not discrimination at all. Trying to get a diverse student body is a long way from discrimination.

I know one thing, companies will continue to seek diversity because consumers care about the people that provide their goods. If you are a college, and it just so happens that your school is not diverse, the school has failed you in that you may not have the tools to get the best jobs.

I think schools will probably find a way to get around it because they know this too. It was never simply trying to give black folks an upper hand of some sort. Sometimes we don’t test as well or come from a tough background, but we’re talented, and it’s OK that a school tries to find that talent.

I know one thing, when it comes to who has the best grades, etc. for school, no one cares when it comes to sports. It’s a complete double standard. If someone can play football, it doesn’t matter if he’s the best student, but if we have a goal of having a diverse student body, it’s not OK.

But it’s not discrimination at all. Trying to get a diverse student body is a long way from discrimination.

I know one thing, companies will continue to seek diversity because consumers care about the people that provide their goods. If you are a college, and it just so happens that your school is not diverse, the school has failed you in that you may not have the tools to get the best jobs.

I think schools will probably find a way to get around it because they know this too. It was never simply trying to give black folks an upper hand of some sort. Sometimes we don’t test as well or come from a tough background, but we’re talented, and it’s OK that a school tries to find that talent.

I know one thing, when it comes to who has the best grades, etc. for school, no one cares when it comes to sports. It’s a complete double standard. If someone can play football, it doesn’t matter if he’s the best student, but if we have a goal of having a diverse student body, it’s not OK.

Denying a more academically qualified student purely because of their race is absolutely discrimination. Now it may be done with good intentions, but it’s still discrimination.

And I don’t really get the football comparison. The goal is to recruit the best football player, not the best mathalete.

Again, I think diversity is a good thing and hope we find equitable ways to ensure we have it. But judging kids differently based exclusively on the color of their skin is just all kinds of wrong.

I already knew your position, you want black folks to move on but you have no intention of doing so AND you are willing to go into the weeds to defend it.

Well, we’re cool, but I don’t trust you or anyone who says stuff like this.
See, you Marxists and Communists racists are all the same. There is nothing I said that I "want black folks to move on but you have no intention of doing so…" That is just plain racist jargon by you!!! I told you my feelings about slavery and the stain it has left. I disagreed with it on every level. But my words that your brainwashed racist mind cannot seem to understand or comprehend is that I said, moving on from that horrible institution of slavery and move to be appreciative of where they (and we) are today, or at least where we were a few years ago before the Marxist and Communists racist teachings (CRT) of judging people by the color of their skin and not by the content of their character. You yourself have spit into the eye of the great person that Martin Luther King was and what his message was. You are the very embodiment of the racist communist movement to overthrow the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and this great nation. And please in your infinite stupidity, try and answer me this without burning out your last two functional brain cells, show me one real Marxist, Communist, or Fascist country that has delivered on their promises of insuring everyone has everything that everyone else has (socialism and equity). You can't, because those racist and unethical political systems are all about the people in the inner circle having the wealth and power while everyone else has little to nothing and is oppressed. And this Marxist and Communist utopia you want for this nation will deliver the same results. And the people running your utopia will be an inner circle of rich and powerful white people who will continue to oppress the black people worse that the Democratic lift has done for the last70 years or so, All talk and promises and little to no results and action. Drop and give them a little morsel at the feet of the table of the elites for the dogs to eat mentality!!!

You are so pathetic, and Communists and racists like you won't understand common logic and history. You are brainwashed to run blindly on the railroad tracks to the speeding oncoming locomotive because they tell you that it will stop and you will be OK. then they come back and pick up the splattered remains and tell the next person the same lie and story. This is the confidence that I have that good will triumph over evil, and this Communist Revolution of yours is doomed to fail, but you try anyway. If civil uprisings and war happens because Donald Trump has won (again!!!), idiots like you out there causing mayhem and threatening me and my family, like the 2020 riots of love, or those causing mayhem in France, will certainly be in the crosshairs of my AR15. And I will be licking your tears on election night and thereafter after Donald Trump wins and you who tried to overthrow this country have met your just rewards. Because I don't have to tell you again, I HATE Marxists and Communists!!! I swore an oath to this nation and Constitution to defend from enemies foreign and domestic, and serve 9 years in the army doing so. Then the enemy was foreign Communists, now it's domestic Communists. So I have no love for you and your comrades!!! Just saying...

I am waiting to see your list of real successful Marxist and Communist nations. Oops, I think I heard a sizzle, and that may be one of your last two functional brain cells. Please hurry and write the list and send it to me before all your ability is lost... :rolleyes:

You fvcking drooling idiot!!! 🤪 How is it not racist and unfair for a person of color who might have an entrance score of barely making it, and from a weather family, make it in before (say???) a poorer Chinese student where the student has an incredible entrance score, but is denied from getting a scholarship because of the color of his skin and ethnicity in order to fill a quota??? You cannot seriously believe that yourself, or that remaining braincell is far more filled with stupidity that I thought!!! 😣

Last edited:
Denying a more academically qualified student purely because of their race is absolutely discrimination. Now it may be done with good intentions, but it’s still discrimination.

And I don’t really get the football comparison. The goal is to recruit the best football player, not the best mathalete.

Again, I think diversity is a good thing and hope we find equitable ways to ensure we have it. But judging kids differently based exclusively on the color of their skin is just all kinds of wrong.
You have decided that academics are the only litmus for who gets in a school. You. Not academic potential and not the need for a diverse student population. Anyhow, we’ve come to that fork in the road this point where I suppose we will just continue to disagree.

Have a good 4th.

You fvcking drooling idiot!!! 🤪 How is it not racist and unfair for a person of color who might have an entrance score of barely making it, and from a weather family, make it in before (say???) a poorer Chinese student where the student has an incredible entrance score, but is denied from getting a scholarship because of the color of his skin and ethnicity in order to fill a quota??? You cannot seriously believe that yourself, or that remaining braincell is far more filled with stupidity that I thought!!! 😣
LHM and LOL! Never change tree.

LHM and LOL! Never change tree.
And I guess I can say the same for you…but then you are so systemically Marxist that you are what you are and there is no way you can change, right? That is the belief in your 'systemic' Marxist belief system??? I admit that I do feel sorry for you no matter how delusional and idiotic you Communist belief is. But I stood nose to nose against the Communists for 3 years in West Germany. I know what they are about. In your belief they are good loving Communists and treat everyone well, and give everyone a part of the Communist pie. I was at the border and saw how oppressed those people were, and saw how much they wanted to get away. The Communists shot people and children who tried to flee. I have seen them hung up in the razor wire. But no tree, they are like the what Beatles sang, Love…love..love…all you need is love…

I will pray for you and your family and hope that God removes the scales from your eyes, at least for your offspring's sake. It may be them that suffer under an oppressive Communist regime. You may not care? I doubt you Communists win in the end though, but as I said to another poster, I will fight for you and your children or grandchildren. I even served and fought for your right to be a Marxist and Communist, I just didn't serve for you to be seeking to destroy the Constitution and this nation. That is where we fight. And there are many more who love this nation who are willing to take up arms against you and the REAL insurrectionists...

And I guess I can say the same for you…but then you are so systemically Marxist that you are what you are and there is no way you can change, right? That is the belief in your 'systemic' Marxist belief system??? I admit that I do feel sorry for you no matter how delusional and idiotic you Communist belief is. But I stood nose to nose against the Communists for 3 years in West Germany. I know what they are about. In your belief they are good loving Communists and treat everyone well, and give everyone a part of the Communist pie. I was at the border and saw how oppressed those people were, and saw how much they wanted to get away. The Communists shot people and children who tried to flee. I have seen them hung up in the razor wire. But no tree, they are like the what Beatles sang, Love…love..love…all you need is love…

I will pray for you and your family and hope that God removes the scales from your eyes, at least for your offspring's sake. It may be them that suffer under an oppressive Communist regime. You may not care? I doubt you Communists win in the end though, but as I said to another poster, I will fight for you and your children or grandchildren. I even served and fought for your right to be a Marxist and Communist, I just didn't serve for you to be seeking to destroy the Constitution and this nation. That is where we fight. And there are many more who love this nation who are willing to take up arms against you and the REAL insurrectionists...
For all that's good and holy STFU

Good point. In the honor of fairness. Which is so important apparently, we should outlaw legacy admissions.

Suddenly fairness wont matter.

You have decided that academics are the only litmus for who gets in a school. You. Not academic potential and not the need for a diverse student population. Anyhow, we’ve come to that fork in the road this point where I suppose we will just continue to disagree.

Have a good 4th.

Just want to say that while we have different perspectives on this topic, I’m very respectful of your opinion and continue to want to learn more. Hope you and yours have a great 4th as well.

Arguing that black people have to overcome cultural and structural barriers that white people don't, generally, due to the color of their skin, isn't racist. Don't be stupid.

Reactions: flotiger
For all that's good and holy STFU
You have to be the biggest dumbass on this TI board. I told you to stop replying directly to my posts and I would not reply directly to yours. This lasted all of around 2 or 3 days, then you came back spouting communist bullish!t. So I replied to your stupid ass post(s), and like an episode of the Walking Idiot Dead, you tell me to STFU. I have asked you nicely to please stop replying to mine. So again, please dish!t, do not reply directly to my posts. If you want to reply to a post of your communist comrades about me, have at it. Damn, you must have been dropped on your head as a baby!!! 😣

It is absolutely discrimination. When you take into consideration the color of ones skin, that is discrimination. No one should have an advantage or disadvantage due to the amount of melanin in their skin. Full stop.

It is absolutely discrimination. When you take into consideration the color of ones skin, that is discrimination. No one should have an advantage or disadvantage due to the amount of melanin in their skin. Full stop.
No. There are countless scenarios were those disadvantaged by circumstance are compensated. This specific situation is certainly not discrimination when you consider what black folks went through up until the 90s or so.

And, like I’ve said, the colleges should be able to determine that they believe the educational experience is heightened by because of diversity. Who are we to tell these educators what’s important in their admissions. Grades alone have never been the sole factor in admissions or a 100% indicator of academic talent.

Reactions: fcctiger12
spskillz

I will take a moment to read the above but it looks like it got more biased and argumentative than productive

Now to be clear I am in favor of merit based on a lot of situations but I am am very open and in some cases want to assure diversity

Lets say we are filling police positions in a very diverse town

I personally would want to set up where the people hired matched the diversity of the town

Hire most qualified in each bracket

Say for example 70 per cent women and 30 per cent meen in town

Hire 70 of officers most qualified of women and 30 per cent of men most qualified

If course it would not be hard and fast but that would be the goal

In some cases you don’t get the applicants

Aldo I was looking at stats from UGA on college admissions

Georgia has 70 per cent white population 30 per cent black population so the argument can be put forth should UGA be 70/30

I am not sure what that answer should be since selection is based on grades and test scores not diversity

What would be your idea on that?

How could by meritocracy a more balance diversity be reached

One problem on test scores and education is the public schools are doing a terrible job of educating our children

Start there and we will make progress on that

This matching of diversity and using meritocracy as a yardstick is not friendly to each other

Your mention of the sports scholarships

Sports scholarships are awarded on meritocracy based on coaches decisions

So that subjective decision is made based on perceived meritocracy

spskillz

I will take a moment to read the above but it looks like it got more biased and argumentative than productive

Now to be clear I am in favor of merit based on a lot of situations but I am am very open and in some cases want to assure diversity

Lets say we are filling police positions in a very diverse town

I personally would want to set up where the people hired matched the diversity of the town

Hire most qualified in each bracket

Say for example 70 per cent women and 30 per cent meen in town

Hire 70 of officers most qualified of women and 30 per cent of men most qualified

If course it would not be hard and fast but that would be the goal

In some cases you don’t get the applicants

Aldo I was looking at stats from UGA on college admissions

Georgia has 70 per cent white population 30 per cent black population so the argument can be put forth should UGA be 70/30

I am not sure what that answer should be since selection is based on grades and test scores not diversity

What would be your idea on that?

How could by meritocracy a more balance diversity be reached

One problem on test scores and education is the public schools are doing a terrible job of educating our children

Start there and we will make progress on that

This matching of diversity and using meritocracy as a yardstick is not friendly to each other

Your mention of the sports scholarships

Sports scholarships are awarded on meritocracy based on coaches decisions

So that subjective decision is made based on perceived meritocracy
So if Affirmative Action is illegal and diversity is the goal - is a Quota System based on race and gender, or for that matter, sexual orientation - the answer?

You have to be the biggest dumbass on this TI board. I told you to stop replying directly to my posts and I would not reply directly to yours. This lasted all of around 2 or 3 days, then you came back spouting communist bullish!t. So I replied to your stupid ass post(s), and like an episode of the Walking Idiot Dead, you tell me to STFU. I have asked you nicely to please stop replying to mine. So again, please dish!t, do not reply directly to my posts. If you want to reply to a post of your communist comrades about me, have at it. Damn, you must have been dropped on your head as a baby!!! 😣
I said STFU

See, you Marxists and Communists racists are all the same. There is nothing I said that I "want black folks to move on but you have no intention of doing so…" That is just plain racist jargon by you!!! I told you my feelings about slavery and the stain it has left. I disagreed with it on every level. But my words that your brainwashed racist mind cannot seem to understand or comprehend is that I said, moving on from that horrible institution of slavery and move to be appreciative of where they (and we) are today, or at least where we were a few years ago before the Marxist and Communists racist teachings (CRT) of judging people by the color of their skin and not by the content of their character. You yourself have spit into the eye of the great person that Martin Luther King was and what his message was. You are the very embodiment of the racist communist movement to overthrow the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and this great nation. And please in your infinite stupidity, try and answer me this without burning out your last two functional brain cells, show me one real Marxist, Communist, or Fascist country that has delivered on their promises of insuring everyone has everything that everyone else has (socialism and equity). You can't, because those racist and unethical political systems are all about the people in the inner circle having the wealth and power while everyone else has little to nothing and is oppressed. And this Marxist and Communist utopia you want for this nation will deliver the same results. And the people running your utopia will be an inner circle of rich and powerful white people who will continue to oppress the black people worse that the Democratic lift has done for the last70 years or so, All talk and promises and little to no results and action. Drop and give them a little morsel at the feet of the table of the elites for the dogs to eat mentality!!!

You are so pathetic, and Communists and racists like you won't understand common logic and history. You are brainwashed to run blindly on the railroad tracks to the speeding oncoming locomotive because they tell you that it will stop and you will be OK. then they come back and pick up the splattered remains and tell the next person the same lie and story. This is the confidence that I have that good will triumph over evil, and this Communist Revolution of yours is doomed to fail, but you try anyway. If civil uprisings and war happens because Donald Trump has won (again!!!), idiots like you out there causing mayhem and threatening me and my family, like the 2020 riots of love, or those causing mayhem in France, will certainly be in the crosshairs of my AR15. And I will be licking your tears on election night and thereafter after Donald Trump wins and you who tried to overthrow this country have met your just rewards. Because I don't have to tell you again, I HATE Marxists and Communists!!! I swore an oath to this nation and Constitution to defend from enemies foreign and domestic, and serve 9 years in the army doing so. Then the enemy was foreign Communists, now it's domestic Communists. So I have no love for you and your comrades!!! Just saying...

I am waiting to see your list of real successful Marxist and Communist nations. Oops, I think I heard a sizzle, and that may be one of your last two functional brain cells. Please hurry and write the list and send it to me before all your ability is lost... :rolleyes:
You have brain rot

Reactions: dpic73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT