ADVERTISEMENT

Speaker Johnson

You cannot have a free and open society with the warrantless spying of Americans. Today, the bipartisan vote to force intelligence communities to get a warrant was lost by one vote. In an effort to stop this, I requested a rare procedural maneuver that will force a second vote on Monday. Hopefully we can change minds. I will be writing all 435 members over the weekend. Please help me. Talk to your reps. We have one last shot at this.

Reactions: LaniKaiTiger

You cannot have a free and open society with the warrantless spying of Americans. Today, the bipartisan vote to force intelligence communities to get a warrant was lost by one vote. In an effort to stop this, I requested a rare procedural maneuver that will force a second vote on Monday. Hopefully we can change minds. I will be writing all 435 members over the weekend. Please help me. Talk to your reps. We have one last shot at this.

Reactions: yoshi121374

#BREAKING: Congressman Thomas Massie has informed Speaker Johnson that he will SECOND Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s motion to VACATE

Johnson’s time as Speaker may be coming to an abrupt end!

This comes after Johnson voted to allow warrantless spying on Americans and will be ramming through $100 BILLION in foreign aid this week.

IS THIS THE RIGHT MOVE?

• Haha
Reactions: yoshi121374

BREAKING: Rep. Thomas Massie says Rep. Mike Johnson is “just not equipped” for the Speaker job and “consistently gets rolled by Democrats in negotiations.”

“Every negotiation he’s gone into with Chuck Schumer and Joe Biden, he’s received nothing in exchange. He’s either not good at negotiating, or he’s negotiating for their side,” Massie said.

“He’s done an omnibus that broke Nancy Pelosi’s spending records. He reauthorized FISA without warrants. Now he’s going for the trifecta to pass the Ukraine spending without doing anything to enforce our border. That will be three strikes in addition to just the poor management of the House.”

The Johnson outrage is hilarious. He was “the guy”. The one Trump and MAGA’s wanted. Now he’s Uniparty and Deep State? LOL.

Maybe, just maybe, once he became Speaker, which granted access to information he’s never gotten, his stance changed on issues. Legislation became more nuanced and not just as simple as portrayed by MTG, Gaetz, etc. Real life is more complex than their red vs blue world.

Additionally, he has only been a Rep since 2017. That’s way too fast to ascend to Speaker. Of course he’s “losing” negotiations with the WH and Senate. The guy has never been in the room and now he’s sitting at the lead table. He’s in over his head due to his lack of experience.

Ousting McCarthy was a mistake, but following him with Johnson was an even bigger one. But it’s what happens when Trump calls the shots. Every decision is emotionally driven and completely done with his best interest in mind. He will throw Johnson in the ditch when he is done with him….just like all the rest.

It's pretty obvious the GOP in the House want no part of being in the majority and actually having to lead and govern. They'd rather bitch and moan and fundraise as the minority so they don't have to actually do anything besides raise money and get soundbites on tv.

It's pretty obvious the GOP in the House want no part of being in the majority and actually having to lead and govern. They'd rather bitch and moan and fundraise as the minority so they don't have to actually do anything besides raise money and get soundbites on tv.

This is such an accurate observation. But I don’t think it’s regulated to only the House.

Today’s GOP spent the last 30 years getting marching orders from right-wing media. From Rush to Fox News to social media, they have been raised in bitching about the opposition, while seldom cultivating policies for governing.

Not to mention that when you live in that media culture, your power (and money) comes from divisiveness. Solving issues through compromise means getting rid of the tool needed to get elected (or re-elected).

In a country where the majority identify with centre-right policies, the GOP losing the popular vote in 7 of the last 8 elections is mind boggling. If they focused on solutions instead of the cult of personality, they would re-create the political dominance of the 80s - Part II.

Last edited:

The question everyone should be asking is what deal did Speaker Johnson make with the Hakeem Jeffries to get the Democrats on the Rules Committee to vote for a Republican rule on the foreign war package which includes $60+ BILLION more to Ukraine?

This never happens.

Democrats don’t vote for Republican rules and vice versa, it’s unprecedented. This vote happened around midnight too when no one was paying attention.

Part of making this happen is that Johnson used Schumer’s bill so they had no reason to be against it. Also unprecedented, Republican Speakers don’t use Democrat’s rules and bills. What else did Johnson give away while he’s begging Democrats for votes and protection?

We do not have a Republican majority anymore, our Republican Speaker is literally controlled by the Democrats and giving them everything they want.

Big thank you to Reps Massie, Roy, and Norman for bravely voting NO to the rule on Rules Committee, also unprecedented and they likely will be kicked off after this for voting against the Speaker! Good for them!!

At this point, anyone left saying “poor Mike Johnson he’s doing the best he can” is blinded to the reality that he really is doing the absolute best he can for Joe Biden not for America.

Would not surprise me.

Anna Paulina Luna says she has been told that as soon as a Motion to Vacate is brought to the floor, at least two moderate Republicans will resign immediately rather than wait until end of their term to flip the House to the Democrats.

I am not here to defend @SpeakerJohnson’s choices or his actions. However, when I filed the motion to vacate the previous Speaker, we had a four-seat majority.

My sincere worry is that one or two or three of my Republican colleagues would be susceptible to a bribe and will hand the House over to Democrats.

That is why I do not support a motion to vacate at this time.

Tucker Carlson has spent his entire adult life as a Political Commentator. He has never done anything of substance for America, he’s only talked about it.

The audacity of someone who has spent a lifetime on the sidelines calling someone in the trenches weak is astounding. He is like Paul Finebaum critiquing the work of actual football coaches. It’s easy to sit in front of a microphone or camera and act like you have all the answers. Tucker and his ilk are the weak ones.

And I’ll say it again ITT: Mike Johnson is WHO THE MAGAS WANTED!!!!

BREAKING: Tucker Carlson said congressmen were “terrified” that intelligence agencies would frame them with “kiddie p*rn” if they were to oppose reauthorizing Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

“People don’t say that because they’re worried about being punished. They’re worried about someone putting kiddie p*rn on their computer. Members of Congress are terrified of the intel agencies. I’m not guessing at that. They’ve told me that — including people on the intel committee, including people who run the intel committee,” Carlson said.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT