ADVERTISEMENT

TI Presidential Wager

Do you remember when 1 million people died of a communicable disease four years ago and our dear leader said it would go away like a miracle and suggested injecting Lysol and shining a light up our asses? Me too.
The evil plan worked to perfection.

Very sad human beings actually did that to other human beings. Win at all cost, I guess.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Everything stated is true.

Looking fwd to your 2nd half’s response.
Why, are you concerned about us? Do we scare you?

e45664f3-3966-484f-b983-915cb2b7518a.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
You have this flipped backwards. Why would anyone stick with China Joe with the level of ineptitude and failure he has displayed? Please chime in to disagree if you want.
I think that the people who voted for Biden have gotten more or less what they expected from him. Biden is, despite what the right wing rhetoric has been, a pretty mainstream, center leaning Democrat. And the policy stances he’s taken have mostly been in that lane.

I do think the Israel/Palestine conflict is an issue for Democrats as no matter which direction he goes Biden will alienate some of the Democratic voting base and for some of those voters, this issue is very, very high on their priority list.

However, the voters that are primarily swung by this issue are pro-Palestinian, and the Republicans certainly don’t offer much by way of support for Palestine. Many of these Democrats are more leftward leaning than Biden and already have disappointments with him, wanting him to be much more aggressive around student loan debt forgiveness and environmental issues at the least.

I suspect that Trump’s best path to victory is for some of these further left wing, pro-Palestinian voters to stay home particularly in states like Michigan where there is a higher than you’d think Islamic population. I do not think that these voters will swing for Trump.

Ultimately Trump, and not Biden, is the driving force of this election just as he was in 2020. People are voting based on how they feel about Trump and I just don’t think that people who didn’t want him in 2020 are going to want him in 2024. Trump has only gone further down the authoritarian rabbit hole and has reinforced for a lot of people the reasons they didn’t vote for him in 2020.

I think its pretty clear that there are very few who are going out and voting because they are excited about Biden, but lots and lots of people will vote against Trump, who is viewed as an existential threat to the republic. Even those far left Democratic votes that feel abandoned by Biden will turn out to vote because they wholly understand that Trump is a far worse alternative for them.

I simply do not see massive swings in the voting totals in either direction. The people who didn’t like Trump in 2020 still don’t like him and the people who didn’t like Biden in 2020 still don’t like him. Georgia and Arizona’s margin of victory for Biden was razor thin so it wouldn’t take a big swing for Trump to get those back, but that wouldn’t be enough to get to 270. The only state I could see Biden potentially flipping would be NC.

The other interesting question is about voter migration. Florida and Ohio, IMO, are no longer “swing states” and are pretty firmly red. Virginia, Colorado, and Nevada are pretty strongly blue. States like Georgia, Arizona, and Texas are slowly turning more and more purple, though Texas is still a ways off from going Dem I believe. This election will be decided in Wisonsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Arizona. Trump needs to flip at least 3 of those, maybe 4. Not impossible, but that’s an uphill battle for him.

I think that the people who voted for Biden have gotten more or less what they expected from him. Biden is, despite what the right wing rhetoric has been, a pretty mainstream, center leaning Democrat. And the policy stances he’s taken have mostly been in that lane.

I do think the Israel/Palestine conflict is an issue for Democrats as no matter which direction he goes Biden will alienate some of the Democratic voting base and for some of those voters, this issue is very, very high on their priority list.

However, the voters that are primarily swung by this issue are pro-Palestinian, and the Republicans certainly don’t offer much by way of support for Palestine. Many of these Democrats are more leftward leaning than Biden and already have disappointments with him, wanting him to be much more aggressive around student loan debt forgiveness and environmental issues at the least.

I suspect that Trump’s best path to victory is for some of these further left wing, pro-Palestinian voters to stay home particularly in states like Michigan where there is a higher than you’d think Islamic population. I do not think that these voters will swing for Trump.

Ultimately Trump, and not Biden, is the driving force of this election just as he was in 2020. People are voting based on how they feel about Trump and I just don’t think that people who didn’t want him in 2020 are going to want him in 2024. Trump has only gone further down the authoritarian rabbit hole and has reinforced for a lot of people the reasons they didn’t vote for him in 2020.

I think its pretty clear that there are very few who are going out and voting because they are excited about Biden, but lots and lots of people will vote against Trump, who is viewed as an existential threat to the republic. Even those far left Democratic votes that feel abandoned by Biden will turn out to vote because they wholly understand that Trump is a far worse alternative for them.

I simply do not see massive swings in the voting totals in either direction. The people who didn’t like Trump in 2020 still don’t like him and the people who didn’t like Biden in 2020 still don’t like him. Georgia and Arizona’s margin of victory for Biden was razor thin so it wouldn’t take a big swing for Trump to get those back, but that wouldn’t be enough to get to 270. The only state I could see Biden potentially flipping would be NC.

The other interesting question is about voter migration. Florida and Ohio, IMO, are no longer “swing states” and are pretty firmly red. Virginia, Colorado, and Nevada are pretty strongly blue. States like Georgia, Arizona, and Texas are slowly turning more and more purple, though Texas is still a ways off from going Dem I believe. This election will be decided in Wisonsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Arizona. Trump needs to flip at least 3 of those, maybe 4. Not impossible, but that’s an uphill battle for him.
You’re underestimating the cost of groceries.

You’re underestimating the cost of groceries.
And in a normal election year when the Republican option isn’t someone who has been indicted multiple times the cost of groceries would be one of the most significant issues that voters were going to the polls with. Instead its going to be pretty far down the list in 2024.

And in a normal election year when the Republican option isn’t someone who has been indicted multiple times the cost of groceries would be one of the most significant issues that voters were going to the polls with. Instead its going to be pretty far down the list in 2024.
You are vastly over estimating the anyone but trump factor. Trump is solidly in front in all swing state polls but one(Wisconsin) and Trump is treated like a rock star everywhere he goes on the street. You are also vastly underestimating the anger and disappointment in China Joes job performance imo.

I still find it mind numbing that you think Joe is doing a good job with what has occurred.....no joking.

You are vastly over estimating the anyone but trump factor. Trump is solidly in front in all swing state polls but one(Wisconsin) and Trump is treated like a rock star everywhere he goes on the street. You are also vastly underestimating the anger and disappointment in China Joes job performance imo.

I still find it mind numbing that you think Joe is doing a good job with what has occurred.....no joking.
Can you point me to where I said Biden “is doing a good job” and maybe give some context on what specifically you’re referring to by “with what has occurred?”

I think there have been some positives during his administration and certainly some negatives as well.

Can you point me to where I said Biden “is doing a good job” and maybe give some context on what specifically you’re referring to by “with what has occurred?”

I think there have been some positives during his administration and certainly some negatives as well.
You said he is doing what his voters expected in this thread. Please go ahead and tell me what you think are his best and worst accomplishments. Additionally I am assuming you are saying you will vote for Joe this November.

You said he is doing what his voters expected in this thread. Please go ahead and tell me what you think are his best and worst accomplishments. Additionally I am assuming you are saying you will vote for Joe this November.
Accomplishments:

- reformed the Electoral Count Act
- Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
- CHIPS Act
- Inflation Reduction Act, most especially the portion on medicare drug costs
- Increased minimum pay guaranteed to be eligible for overtime to $55,000 from $35,000
- reduction of a myriad of various fees charged by banks and colleges
- FDA finally approved OTC birth control pill
- created Office of Gun Violence Prevention which gives federal funding to schools to hire mental health professionals, among other things
- Implemented tougher restrictions on union busting
- eliminating redlining in mortgage lending
- Replicator Program for military drones
- money for farmers to transition to greener methods of food production, also part of the Inflation Reduction Act
- more money for farmers in the meat and poultry industries to help combat monopolization of those industries and reduce debt for small/medium farm owners
- tighter regulations on career training programs/colleges whose graduates earn less than they take on in student loans
- released a national strategy to prevent cyber attacks

Currently waiting on Republicans to pass a bipartisan border bill to help with immigration issues at the border, which would codify into law actions the executive branch can take.

You know, maybe ole Joe actually is doing a good job.

Accomplishments:

- reformed the Electoral Count Act
- Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
- CHIPS Act
- Inflation Reduction Act, most especially the portion on medicare drug costs
- Increased minimum pay guaranteed to be eligible for overtime to $55,000 from $35,000
- reduction of a myriad of various fees charged by banks and colleges
- FDA finally approved OTC birth control pill
- created Office of Gun Violence Prevention which gives federal funding to schools to hire mental health professionals, among other things
- Implemented tougher restrictions on union busting
- eliminating redlining in mortgage lending
- Replicator Program for military drones
- money for farmers to transition to greener methods of food production, also part of the Inflation Reduction Act
- more money for farmers in the meat and poultry industries to help combat monopolization of those industries and reduce debt for small/medium farm owners
- tighter regulations on career training programs/colleges whose graduates earn less than they take on in student loans
- released a national strategy to prevent cyber attacks

Currently waiting on Republicans to pass a bipartisan border bill to help with immigration issues at the border, which would codify into law actions the executive branch can take.

You know, maybe ole Joe actually is doing a good job.
Ok...you have drunk the koolaid and are way up Joes @$$. Alright...at least you own it. I am not impressed with this achievement list at all. Most of it I never heard of. Based on this response then I am assuming you think he has done nothing wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT