ADVERTISEMENT

UGA Student Murdered

Apparently she was on a run on their intramural fields, which is a popular, often-populated place for people to jog. Scary stuff, especially for us Dads of daughters. Prayers for her family.
I used to take my dog out there for hours when I wasn’t in class. It’s fairly populated at times, but also has areas that are heavily wooded and filled with hiding spots. Especially on the other side of the lake.

You would pass by a class of 20, followed by a couple people with their dogs, and then see no one for an hour.

Heartbreaking either way.

She was from Cherokee County, GA and attended River Ridge High School. Truly sad & awful. She was enrolled at the University of Augusta Nursing School in Athens but roomed with friends from High School who all attend UGA.

Last edited:
Probably a female. If I was a girl going for a run in places like Athens and Atlanta I'd want a squad/team of the Army Delta Force, Green Beret, or Navy Seal Team Six, or likely all the above to run with me. o_O

The stupid thing to say is that this is something new.

That doesn’t take away from the tragedy and need to find those responsible asap
As far as I can tell no one said this was new. Pretty sure murder has been around for at least 20 years or so. Doesn’t make this specific instance or any other where life is taken senselessly as anything but tragic

Very sad. Hope they hang whoever did it.

I don’t even know what to say to anyone who thinks the world is a better place right now than it was 20, 30, 40, or even 50 years ago. Evil is everywhere. Spiritual warfare is at an all-time high. But, thankfully, I know how it all ends. The King will return and wipe out all evil.

While I’d hate to clog this thread up with nonsense, and I won’t after this post, he isn’t wrong. Crazy shit has been happening for a long time. Look at bundy and I believe Fl. States campus.

Again, I digress. Hope this one gets solved quick and the person is off the streets and put down.
The house my mom grew up in was across the street from where Bundy often stayed in Tallahassee and where one of his victims was found murdered. This was before I was born obviously, but pretty chilling to think my family was in that kind of proximity to one of the most notorious killers in the last 100 years.

To hear them tell it, he was always friendly when they'd see him walking down the street or getting in his car. He definitely didn't fit the profile of a serial killer.

I used to take my dog out there for hours when I wasn’t in class. It’s fairly populated at times, but also has areas that are heavily wooded and filled with hiding spots. Especially on the other side of the lake.

You would pass by a class of 20, followed by a couple people with their dogs, and then see no one for an hour.

Heartbreaking either way.

Oh man. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: CLEMSON_DAWG
The house my mom grew up in was across the street from where Bundy often stayed in Tallahassee and where one of his victims was found murdered. This was before I was born obviously, but pretty chilling to think my family was in that kind of proximity to one of the most notorious killers in the last 100 years.

To hear them tell it, he was always friendly when they'd see him walking down the street or getting in his car. He definitely didn't fit the profile of a serial killer.
Crazy story, thank you for sharing.

But isn’t this said about basically any serial killer? The ones that fit the profile of a serial killer get caught before they really get going because they’re so obvious.

I did not want to post this but seeing as many of us have daughters in college, this hit close to home (literally). Please just reemphasize with your kids to use the buddy system if they can. I know we cannot always live in fear, but just be smart!

Prayers for the family!!

Last edited:
I believe an arrest has been made. Will be interesting to understand the details - such a scary thing.

Lol humans have been humans since the beginning. We just have immediate access the past decade
This.

Allegedly: When there was only 4 people in the world a kid killed is brother with a rock.

I did not want to post this but seeing as many of us have daughters in college, this hit close to home (literally). Please just reemphasize with your kids to use the buddy system if they can. I know we cannot always live in fear, but just be smart!

Prayers for the family!

I just love the bolded sentence.

Like you, I have a daughter in college. We continue to stress the importance of being smart about her comings-and-goings.

So many victims are “crimes of opportunity”. If you avoid “opportunity”, you could be saving your life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT