ADVERTISEMENT

A beautiful thing to see..

nytigerfan

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2004
The reopening of the NY Stock Exchange. #togetherwearestrong #nycstrong

https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F04446463-c9b7-42e3-86bf-14889a51652b.jpg

https://www.ft.com/content/d5a7d7b7-e55e-4ea1-8e01-60c0ebd15c8e

Does the trading floor serve any practical purpose besides symbolism? Trading didn't stop because of the virus. Seems like all of that could be done electronically now.

Reactions: cbm369
Does the trading floor serve any practical purpose besides symbolism? Trading didn't stop because of the virus. Seems like all of that could be done electronically now.
It is basically. This is window dressing

I listened to an interview with the CEO of the NYSE and she was pretty clear in her thinking that things work better with people in the building. I'm not sure I agree with her, but that's her mindset.

typical. everything has to be partisan with you trump cult members. It is all about giving trump credit for all the good things and no blame for the bad things.
Trump didn’t create the virus...China did. So why would I blame him for it?
And I’m sure he’s did the best he could leading us through this unprecedented pandemic while not allowing total economic collapse...which could easily have happened.

On the flip side though, I’m certain you were overly critical of your beloved-Obama, I’m sure... :rolleyes:

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Trump didn’t create the virus...China did. So why would I blame him for it?
And I’m sure he’s did the best he could leading us through this unprecedented pandemic while not allowing total economic collapse...which could easily have happened.

On the flip side though, I’m certain you were overly critical of your beloved-Obama, I’m sure... :rolleyes:

i was absolutely critical of obama. I form my own opinions. You in the other hand are absolutely reluctant to criticize dear leader, no matter what he does. He said it himself... he could shoot someone on 5th avenue, and you would still vote for him.

The trading floor is nothing but PR these days. Everything is electronic and most of it doesn't even involve humans.

Good lord. It has only been closed 4-5 times in 100+ years. It means something to have it reopened. But I guess because there was a Democrat in the picture, conservatives - who have been clamoring for the economy to reopen - now want to shit on the reopening of one of our American economic institutions. Unreal.

Good lord. It has only been closed 4-5 times in 100+ years. It means something to have it reopened. But I guess because there was a Democrat in the picture, conservatives - who have been clamoring for the economy to reopen - now want to shit on the reopening of one of our American economic institutions. Unreal.

Sure, its fun to score gotcha points on TI. However as a Trump voter who will vote for him again, i just want to go on record that there are more than a few of us who are not cult members and who actually don't pay a lot of attention to his idiotic tweets, or tweets from other idiots on twitter.for that matter. I understand why he uses twitter...1. Because of a biased media 2. It has proven effective 3. He is not used to being handled and he is a narccist. I wish he would let someone else tweet for him, but it is never going to happen

Good lord. It has only been closed 4-5 times in 100+ years.

Completely not important. not even interesting.

It means something to have it reopened.

True

But I guess because there was a Democrat in the picture, conservatives - who have been clamoring for the economy to reopen - now want to shit on the reopening of one of our American economic institutions. Unreal.

Not at all, you didn't even change the narrative, you just started making up nonsense. Prove me wrong, say something meaningful or interesting.

I am a conservative, Barry Goldwater supporter, and I am like 75% convinced that you are a russian operative, or at least someone that has been brainwashed by those MFers.

typical. everything has to be partisan with you trump cult members. It is all about giving trump credit for all the good things and no blame for the bad things.

Nah. He just knew his post would trigger your dumb ass. Success.

Sure, its fun to score gotcha points on TI. However as a Trump voter who will vote for him again, i just want to go on record that there are more than a few of us who are not cult members and who actually don't pay a lot of attention to his idiotic tweets, or tweets from other idiots on twitter.for that matter. I understand why he uses twitter...1. Because of a biased media 2. It has proven effective 3. He is not used to being handled and he is a narccist. I wish he would let someone else tweet for him, but it is never going to happen

I'm gonna say that right now, Trump needs to put the Twitter down. Most of the time they are things we can ignore or kinda laugh at. But right now, he needs to stop the Tweeting and actually speak to the people. I don't know that it will do any good but he needs to make the attempt. It is actually antagonizing the people.

Listing Antifa as a terrorist organization was a good move though.

I'm gonna say that right now, Trump needs to put the Twitter down. Most of the time they are things we can ignore or kinda laugh at. But right now, he needs to stop the Tweeting and actually speak to the people. I don't know that it will do any good but he needs to make the attempt. It is actually antagonizing the people.

Listing Antifa as a terrorist organization was a good move though.

Re: Twitter. Oh, I can't agree more. He did speak tonight. It was short but good. On point. Now how it is being covered? Maybe if I knew that, I'd change my position and say that he needs to tweet more.

Antagonizing the people? Maybe the same people who already hate him.

Completely not important. not even interesting.

True

Not at all, you didn't even change the narrative, you just started making up nonsense. Prove me wrong, say something meaningful or interesting.

I am a conservative, Barry Goldwater supporter, and I am like 75% convinced that you are a russian operative, or at least someone that has been brainwashed by those MFers.

Is this gibberish?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT