ADVERTISEMENT

Always with the gaslighting and lies M.Obama

That's a lot of words to say you don't agree.

You can say nobody disagrees with the conditions I stated, but have you seen the new laws in Alabama etc?

I don't agree with forgiving student load debt, and many other issues.

So because I'm against eliminating public education, I haven't met a program I don't like?

We aren't going to agree about either of those issues, but I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't be hyperbolic in your posts about my positions.

Alabama's law allows protection of the life of the mother. I don't know about the rape aspect.

You keep thinking I want to eliminate public education. I never said that we shouldn't have an education system of some kind that makes sure everyone gets the opportunity for a great education. What I said is we don't have that now and the system we have doesn't work. I also said a government should never have authority over the education of its people. That's no where close to wanting to eliminate public education. It's saying we can do better and should always aspire for better because a whole lot of people that matter just as much as we do are not getting a good chance at an education. If there's one person like that, we need to figure out what we can do about it.

Alabama's law allows protection of the life of the mother. I don't know about the rape aspect.

You keep thinking I want to eliminate public education. I never said that we shouldn't have an education system of some kind that makes sure everyone gets the opportunity for a great education. What I said is we don't have that now and the system we have doesn't work. I also said a government should never have authority over the education of its people. That's no where close to wanting to eliminate public education. It's saying we can do better and should always aspire for better because a whole lot of people that matter just as much as we do are not getting a good chance at an education. If there's one person like that, we need to figure out what we can do about it.

I don't know why I'm attempting to do this, but how else would you educate your citizens? We all benefit from an educated and skilled workforce.

Your wife had a bad experience in Public Education, My wife had had an amazing career and feels like she has made a positive impact on many,many children and families. We are both impacted in this by our spouses views and experiences.

The level of unstated and stated gifts should be concerning to anyone. Maybe they were all fine and above board, but it sure doesn't look good and could certainly appear to be a conflict of interest.

What's funny is that there are many laws in place to keep employees in companies from doing this, but not for the justices of the Supreme Court.

You didn't answer my question about his decisions. That would be the number one way to see if he's been impacted by the gifts he's received. I haven't seen any stories about his specific opinions that have substantiated a level of corruption that is alleged by others and by you in this thread.

I'm not against laws to regulate gift giving, etc. with respect to SCOTUS. There's definitely a concern about corruption there. Especially with Justices who create rights out of thin air. :)

• Haha
Reactions: yoshi121374

Alabama law doesn't allow abortions at any time of the pregnancy, not even with a non viable fetus. Women are forced, by law to carry that child to labor.

Common sense has left the building.

I don't know why I'm attempting to do this, but how else would you educate your citizens? We all benefit from an educated and skilled workforce.

Your wife had a bad experience in Public Education, My wife had had an amazing career and feels like she has made a positive impact on many,many children and families. We are both impacted in this by our spouses views and experiences.

With regard to education, it doesn't matter how my wife feels or how your wife feels. All that matters is the results. The results, by almost any measure, stink! We are a very large nation in population and geography. We must have some kind of system for education. Some appropriate starting points would be:

1. Complete abolition of all public sector unions
2. Discontinuance of the US Department of Education
3. No more funding of schools through local property taxes
4. Re-examine the purpose of education understanding no every kid is going to college. How can we prepare people for life which is one of the primary goals of education?

My own additional but highly controversial view is that we should do things to reinforce what makes a healthy society like advocacy for the family and the pillars of western civilization because that's what we are. A raw and unfiltered view of history so we can endeavor to be better and not make the same mistakes of the past again.

• Haha
You didn't answer my question about his decisions. That would be the number one way to see if he's been impacted by the gifts he's received. I haven't seen any stories about his specific opinions that have substantiated a level of corruption that is alleged by others and by you in this thread.

I'm not against laws to regulate gift giving, etc. with respect to SCOTUS. There's definitely a concern about corruption there. Especially with Justices who create rights out of thin air. :)

Clarence Thomas is sole dissenter in Supreme Court decision on guns​

With regard to education, it doesn't matter how my wife feels or how your wife feels. All that matters is the results. The results, by almost any measure, stink! We are a very large nation in population and geography. We must have some kind of system for education. Some appropriate starting points would be:

1. Complete abolition of all public sector unions
2. Discontinuance of the US Department of Education
3. No more funding of schools through local property taxes
4. Re-examine the purpose of education understanding no every kid is going to college. How can we prepare people for life which is one of the primary goals of education?

My own additional but highly controversial view is that we should do things to reinforce what makes a healthy society like advocacy for the family and the pillars of western civilization because that's what we are. A raw and unfiltered view of history so we can endeavor to be better and not make the same mistakes of the past again.

1-3 dumb and wrong and also illegal for number 1.

4- I agree with completely

Your view is controversial because it's not applicable for many,many students. You are going to tell a kid being raised by their grandparents that their version of family is wrong? That's pretty shitty of you to force your view of a family on others.

Alabama law doesn't allow abortions at any time of the pregnancy, not even with a non viable fetus. Women are forced, by law to carry that child to labor.

Common sense has left the building.

It allows for protection of the life of the mother. That's all I said. I personally think they went a bit too far. While I am against almost all abortions, I also realize that we on the pro-life side have not won the argument. Banning things without winning the argument is bad policy, bad politics and a bad idea. Our side was completely unprepared for the overturning of Roe v. Wade and it's been a mess. The only way to change the abortion practices in this country is to clearly illustrate just what we're doing with abortion. Killing babies is a moral abomination of the worst kind.

That's a whole lot of nothing. You could say that about so many things and so many people.

That's a whole lot of nothing. You could say that about so many things and so many people.
Impressive, 5 minutes to read 3 decently lengthy articles.

Would you be as diligent in your defense if this was say, Sotomayer, that had >$4 mil in disclosed/undisclosed gifts from hardcore leftist donors?

1-3 dumb and wrong and also illegal for number 1.

4- I agree with completely

Your view is controversial because it's not applicable for many,many students. You are going to tell a kid being raised by their grandparents that their version of family is wrong? That's pretty shitty of you to force your view of a family on others.

Banning public sector unions is not illegal. They should not exist. It's the worst idea ever and it creates the cycle we see of government unions spending massive amounts of money to elect politicians who will then give them more money so they can repeat the cycle. We spend astronomical amounts on education and get very, very little for it.

I never said I would tell someone being raised by their grandparent that is wrong. That's you taking what I said and trying to argue with someone that is inarguable. Having a dad and a mom makes a huge difference. It's what we should strive for in all cases. No other way is as good by any measure. Doesn't mean there aren't amazing people raised by a single mom or by grandparents. There absolutely are. It also doesn't mean someone being raised in different circumstances should be denigrated or cast aside. They should be supported even more in those cases because they probably need it.

It's not my view of families. It's THE intention for families. You don't have to put other things down to lift up that which is right!

Impressive, 5 minutes to read 3 decently lengthy articles.

Would you be as diligent in your defense if this was say, Sotomayer, that had >$4 mil in disclosed/undisclosed gifts from hardcore leftist donors?

No, unless she outlawed abortion completely, then it's all good. He is a one issue voter, who uses walls of words to try and seem like he cares abouth other stuff.

It all comes down to abortion for him.

5 minutes to read 3 decently lengthy articles.

They are all about Harlan Crow. I couldn't read the Bloomberg piece. I am out of free articles.

No, unless she outlawed abortion completely, then it's all good. He is a one issue voter, who uses walls of words to try and seem like he cares abouth other stuff.

It all comes down to abortion for him.

Actually no. You obviously didn't read what I said about abortion. I'm not in favor of ramming law down people's throats on abortion. I want to win the argument so the country decides to see abortion for what it truly is. It's murder!

This comment by you clearly illustrates you don't get me at all. I am anything but a one-issue voter.

• Haha
Banning public sector unions is not illegal. They should not exist. It's the worst idea ever and it creates the cycle we see of government unions spending massive amounts of money to elect politicians who will then give them more money so they can repeat the cycle. We spend astronomical amounts on education and get very, very little for it.

I never said I would tell someone being raised by their grandparent that is wrong. That's you taking what I said and trying to argue with someone that is inarguable. Having a dad and a mom makes a huge difference. It's what we should strive for in all cases. No other way is as good by any measure. Doesn't mean there aren't amazing people raised by a single mom or by grandparents. There absolutely are. It also doesn't mean someone being raised in different circumstances should be denigrated or cast aside. They should be supported even more in those cases because they probably need it.

It's not my view of families. It's THE intention for families. You don't have to put other things down to lift up that which is right!

So how would you implement that?

See that's my problem with you, you love to say what you want, but never have any clue how it could be done.

I read a management book once by a guy named Jon Gordon called the No Complaining Rule. Basic tenant is come to the table with a solution, otherwise it's just noise that hurts morale and lead to poor performance.

So how would you implement that?

See that's my problem with you, you love to say what you want, but never have any clue how it could be done.

I read a management book once by a guy named Jon Gordon called the No Complaining Rule. Basic tenant is come to the table with a solution, otherwise it's just noise that hurts morale and lead to poor performance.

Implement which part?

For education, we have to start with what works in each area and move from there. No federal funding at all involved in education.

I am not an expert on implementation of education. But any system we have should have some core principles.

1. Break the cycle of poverty through all available measures to support children who are growing up in tough circumstances
2. Support immigrant families by offering educational support for adults and children alike. So many people come here and have never had the benefit of an education. It isn't just for kids and immigrant families are vital to the future
3. I live in a wealthy area. Our schools are palaces. A lot of the other schools I visit are so far behind our schools here. That's absurd and we need to make sure that help is provided where its needed most. Hint: That's not in this area and if we're going to have cooperative, government funded education then all these privately funded benefits offered at wealthy schools should be distributed equally to all schools in a district.
4. Dramatically streamline the bureaucracy at the district level. So much money being spent and so little is reaching the kids. All the layers of fat are just sucking away resources that are intended for kids.

There's so much more that could be mentioned by those are some basic ideas.

There's never an issue I lament that I don't have an opinion about how to fix it. I'm certainly not always right but I do at least have a view.

Implement which part?

For education, we have to start with what works in each area and move from there. No federal funding at all involved in education.

I am not an expert on implementation of education. But any system we have should have some core principles.

1. Break the cycle of poverty through all available measures to support children who are growing up in tough circumstances
2. Support immigrant families by offering educational support for adults and children alike. So many people come here and have never had the benefit of an education. It isn't just for kids and immigrant families are vital to the future
3. I live in a wealthy area. Our schools are palaces. A lot of the other schools I visit are so far behind our schools here. That's absurd and we need to make sure that help is provided where its needed most. Hint: That's not in this area and if we're going to have cooperative, government funded education then all these privately funded benefits offered at wealthy schools should be distributed equally to all schools in a district.
4. Dramatically streamline the bureaucracy at the district level. So much money being spent and so little is reaching the kids. All the layers of fat are just sucking away resources that are intended for kids.

There's so much more that could be mentioned by those are some basic ideas.

There's never an issue I lament that I don't have an opinion about how to fix it. I'm certainly not always right but I do at least have a view.

So no National Funding, but also no local funding? Who is going to pay for it?

In the nicest possible way to say this, dude, it's time to bow out, you don't have a freaking clue. Go back to your rich area and worry about the families that have 2.5 kids and two parents. That's not most of America.

Reactions: dpic73
I agree with getting away from local property taxes funding public schools. I think it should be funded by the federal gov't since it's in the fed's best interest to have a learned citizenry. The voucher system is an abject failure, and should not be replicated, nor should any public funding find its way into the private school system.

I agree with getting away from local property taxes funding public schools. I think it should be funded by the federal gov't since it's in the fed's best interest to have a learned citizenry. The voucher system is an abject failure, and should not be replicated, nor should any public funding find its way into the private school system.

Local funding is a challenge. In my area we have had a huge issue with massive growth and new homes. Local schools are being overrun with new students,but they don't get funding for those kids until two to three years later once taxes are paid.

Anderson 1 tried to add a tax on new homes built to go to Education and it was shot down by the local home builders lobby.

Reactions: WapPride
So no National Funding, but also no local funding? Who is going to pay for it?

In the nicest possible way to say this, dude, it's time to bow out, you don't have a freaking clue. Go back to your rich area and worry about the families that have 2.5 kids and two parents. That's not most of America.

LOL so everything I want to do is focused on helping the poor get a fair shot at a great education and you want me to go back to my rich area? That's a good sign you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

I'd rather see funding come from local taxes that aren't tied to property taxes. When we do property taxes, we end up having all kinds of problems. Instead, we could have a sales tax to fund state education and then distribute the funds more evenly. Federal funding is about 8% of all education funding nationally. That's not all that much and wouldn't be that hard to replace while having the added benefit of no more Department of Education and thus a smaller federal workforce. That's a win-win!

In my immediate area (on my street) there's a single mom with 4 kids by three fathers and three married couples with 1 child each. We have 2 so I guess we're a half child short of your quota.

It's always the same with you. You'll shoot down any ideas and do so by means that demonstrates you don't really read what people say. I guess you just have your talking points on your wall and you don't deviate from them because thinking outside the box may be too much for you. You may disagree with me but I definitely have a clue. I've done my research and I have a valid and well thought out solution to a lot of problems. That doesn't make me right and I'm sure there are problems with a lot of my ideas. You could try that angle instead of just not reading and throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.

If you're married, don't have kids out of wedlock and graduate from HS, the chances of being in poverty are extremely low. That's just reality whether people like it or not. We should promote a lifestyle like what without being judgmental of those who don't. What you seem to want is for us to say that all is OK and there are no disadvantages to living any way you want. That's asinine and devoid of any truth. Are you really OK with pushing a false narrative? Oh wait...never mind; you already push tons of them.

LOL so everything I want to do is focused on helping the poor get a fair shot at a great education and you want me to go back to my rich area? That's a good sign you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

I'd rather see funding come from local taxes that aren't tied to property taxes. When we do property taxes, we end up having all kinds of problems. Instead, we could have a sales tax to fund state education and then distribute the funds more evenly. Federal funding is about 8% of all education funding nationally. That's not all that much and wouldn't be that hard to replace while having the added benefit of no more Department of Education and thus a smaller federal workforce. That's a win-win!

In my immediate area (on my street) there's a single mom with 4 kids by three fathers and three married couples with 1 child each. We have 2 so I guess we're a half child short of your quota.

It's always the same with you. You'll shoot down any ideas and do so by means that demonstrates you don't really read what people say. I guess you just have your talking points on your wall and you don't deviate from them because thinking outside the box may be too much for you. You may disagree with me but I definitely have a clue. I've done my research and I have a valid and well thought out solution to a lot of problems. That doesn't make me right and I'm sure there are problems with a lot of my ideas. You could try that angle instead of just not reading and throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.

If you're married, don't have kids out of wedlock and graduate from HS, the chances of being in poverty are extremely low. That's just reality whether people like it or not. We should promote a lifestyle like what without being judgmental of those who don't. What you seem to want is for us to say that all is OK and there are no disadvantages to living any way you want. That's asinine and devoid of any truth. Are you really OK with pushing a false narrative? Oh wait...never mind; you already push tons of them.

Once again, ideals, but no ideas.

Once again, ideals, but no ideas.

Your reading comprehension skills are near zero my friend. Lot of ideas there. You just don't like them and for what reason I can't imagine. I guess you want to preserve your status quo since you're happy and couldn't give a shit about anyone else who is dealing with a lot less in terms of resources and hope. That's disgusting!

If we want to elevate our society, we have to start by helping those who have been left out and pushed aside for far too long. Otherwise, all we're doing is re-arranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

Your reading comprehension skills are near zero my friend. Lot of ideas there. You just don't like them and for what reason I can't imagine. I guess you want to preserve your status quo since you're happy and couldn't give a shit about anyone else who is dealing with a lot less in terms of resources and hope. That's disgusting!

If we want to elevate our society, we have to start by helping those who have been left out and pushed aside for far too long. Otherwise, all we're doing is re-arranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

You have ideas, my family is actually doing something about the issues. You have a list of issues, most of which are pie in the sky such as "We should focus on the traditional Family Structure since we all know that's better".

How? How do you implement that in a meaningful way?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT