ADVERTISEMENT

American Distrust Of The Voting Process

moradatiger70

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
SC/FL
Thought this as a interesting read from 4 years ago.

I admit, that I don't have very much knowledge of the ins and outs of the voting process. I know what I think I need to know and I know enough to have a conversation about it, but no Knowlege of the real in-depth process.
Why can't every state have the same requirements?
To be the greatest and, I think, the most advance country in the world, we still have issues with equipment, etc.

Thought this as a interesting read from 4 years ago.

I admit, that I don't have very much knowledge of the ins and outs of the voting process. I know what I think I need to know and I know enough to have a conversation about it, but no Knowlege of the real in-depth process.
Why can't every state have the same requirements?
To be the greatest and, I think, the most advance country in the world, we still have issues with equipment, etc.

This is a big part of my day job. These numbers have gotten significantly worseh

It's a very very difficult environment.

I'd be happy to talk about the details.

One of the reasons we cant have a national uniformed election process or system is politics. And mostly the right's opposition to any kind of system like that. But working out the details of that system would be a total nightmare in this day and age. Probably impossible.

Any effort to create a set of standards applicable to every state would be met with significant push back from both sides at this point too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT