ADVERTISEMENT

Amish smarter than all. Won’t let TV control them.

4toTampa

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2017
I had a conversation with an Amish gentleman yesterday while I was loading at the mill and at the end of the conversation, he asked me one question that should really get one thinking. He asked, “do you know why this virus hasn’t affected us yet?” No sir. “Well, because we don’t have television.”

I had a conversation with an Amish gentleman yesterday while I was loading at the mill and at the end of the conversation, he asked me one question that should really get one thinking. He asked, “do you know why this virus hasn’t affected us yet?” No sir. “Well, because we don’t have television.”
I didn't watch much television before this madness started. About a month after the panic started, I canceled my satellite service and damn I'm a better man for it!!

This would be funnier if it were actually true.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...est-pennsylvania-20200627.html?outputType=amp

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20200...ases-spike-as-tourists-return?template=ampart

jsa0eg.gif

Reactions: afadams
Spoke with my neighbor on Saturday evening. He is the director of nursing at a major county hospital here in Maryland. He has always said that the virus is real, it is dangerous, it can kill you, BUT it is not the global killer the media is making it out to be.

We got on the topic of "the numbers", specifically the number of deaths. The individuals, journalists, or politicians who throw out comments like "145k deaths in only 5 months from COVID, look at the the number of totals deaths from 2019 for these conditions" and list Flu, diabetes, etc etc etc are either 1) ignorant to what the data is showing them 2) are caught up in the hysteria 3) purposefully lying.

There is a significant difference between dying WITH covid versus dying OF covid.

We all know that hospitals receive compensation per COVID patient they treat BUT what I didnt know was that Hospitals are graded on their survivability rate and that is why "coding" is so important. If too many patients die from various ailments or injuries, that negatively affects their survivability rate which can lead to fines from the state. There are certain conditions that are exempt from counting against their survivbility rate (i.e cancer) aaaaaaaaand you guessed it ..... COVID is one of those conditions.

Sooooooooooo there is a HUGE financial benefit to listing patient deaths due to COVID. You could be a fat f* who ate bacon and sausage everyday for 40 years and had a heart attack in your kitchen BUT if you die at the hospital and you test positive for coronavirus? Youre gonna get coded as a COVID death ......

My neighbors guidance is this.... be smart, wash your hands, "dont go licking strangers", wear your mask ....and relax.

If this was TigerNet, for once, the appropriate response might actually be "Germans".

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
LOL the cases in the first article were at 11 for the county. Whoa!!
Reading is hard, I know, but the article actually says it was 11 new cases, not total cases, on the day of June 25th.

The article is saying that this was actually a decrease over where daily new case numbers were the previous week.

The entire point of the article, however, was that while the state of PA saw an 18% increase in positive Covid tests, Lancaster county (which has a large Amish population) had a 135% increase.

A quick google search will show that, to date, Lancaster county has had 5,300 cases and 400 deaths.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
Reading is hard, I know, but the article actually says it was 11 new cases, not total cases, on the day of June 25th.

The article is saying that this was actually a decrease over where daily new case numbers were the previous week.

The entire point of the article, however, was that while the state of PA saw an 18% increase in positive Covid tests, Lancaster county (which has a large Amish population) had a 135% increase.

A quick google search will show that, to date, Lancaster county has had 5,300 cases and 400 deaths.
You're right. Reading your non-football drivel is very hard. My apologies. I fell asleep half way through the pointless article you linked. Now that you cleared it up for me, I still don't care.

Reactions: Solid Orange Blood
Spoke with my neighbor on Saturday evening. He is the director of nursing at a major county hospital here in Maryland. He has always said that the virus is real, it is dangerous, it can kill you, BUT it is not the global killer the media is making it out to be.

We got on the topic of "the numbers", specifically the number of deaths. The individuals, journalists, or politicians who throw out comments like "145k deaths in only 5 months from COVID, look at the the number of totals deaths from 2019 for these conditions" and list Flu, diabetes, etc etc etc are either 1) ignorant to what the data is showing them 2) are caught up in the hysteria 3) purposefully lying.

There is a significant difference between dying WITH covid versus dying OF covid.

We all know that hospitals receive compensation per COVID patient they treat BUT what I didnt know was that Hospitals are graded on their survivability rate and that is why "coding" is so important. If too many patients die from various ailments or injuries, that negatively affects their survivability rate which can lead to fines from the state. There are certain conditions that are exempt from counting against their survivbility rate (i.e cancer) aaaaaaaaand you guessed it ..... COVID is one of those conditions.

Sooooooooooo there is a HUGE financial benefit to listing patient deaths due to COVID. You could be a fat f* who ate bacon and sausage everyday for 40 years and had a heart attack in your kitchen BUT if you die at the hospital and you test positive for coronavirus? Youre gonna get coded as a COVID death ......

My neighbors guidance is this.... be smart, wash your hands, "dont go licking strangers", wear your mask ....and relax.

One of the many things my company does is analyze patient level data in an attempt to improve health outcomes. Fascinating to see how patients are currently being tagged with Covid... and its even more concerning in situations where Covid is being counted as the cause of death. Reason being, it completely discounts the medical history/prior treatment of those individuals & it's impacting mortality rates in key disease areas that are truly the root causes of these deaths.

For example, if someone has type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure/an associated cardiovascular comorbidity, the leading cause of death should be those underlying conditions, with covid as a contributing factor (not the other way around).

We talk with a lot of physicians and health systems who continue to echo what others in this thread and board have said... they're incentivized to drive up covid #'s and until thats not longer the case, you're going to have these ridiculously inflated numbers thrown around by the media who want nothing more than chaos until the election season is over (then these #'s will get revised depending on who wins).

One of the many things my company does is analyze patient level data in an attempt to improve health outcomes. Fascinating to see how patients are currently being tagged with Covid... and its even more concerning in situations where Covid is being counted as the cause of death. Reason being, it completely discounts the medical history/prior treatment of those individuals & it's impacting mortality rates in key disease areas that are truly the root causes of these deaths.

For example, if someone has type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure/an associated cardiovascular comorbidity, the leading cause of death should be those underlying conditions, with covid as a contributing factor (not the other way around).

We talk with a lot of physicians and health systems who continue to echo what others in this thread and board have said... they're incentivized to drive up covid #'s and until thats not longer the case, you're going to have these ridiculously inflated numbers thrown around by the media who want nothing more than chaos until the election season is over (then these #'s will get revised depending on who wins).
Do you think they're determining cause of death differently for coronavirus than for other illnesses?

The post was sarcasm. Hope you didn’t think it was real even though much truth in it. That was the point.

Every person I hear of that dies from this, which ain’t many; is either very obese or very old.

We will have a better idea once there is historical data for number of total deaths that can be compared to pre-COVID-19 years.

How do overall deaths this year compare to other years? Really do t know.

His reading comprehension is shit. Been telling him that for years. He goes in with a preconceived notion and comes to the conclusion that he went in with. But he's an asshole and proud of it.

They most of all don't go to bars and have house parties at the beach. TV has nothing to do with it.

The hoax of all time.

The last prime time series I watched every week were SNL original cast (the goat iyam) SCTV and MASH. Some of you are so young you probably don’t even know what show mash is. I was fourteen or fifteen and figured out that TV was aptly named the idiot box. I was bored and rented a movie last week. It was the second or third time all year I’d watched the boob tube.

I went with my daughter to some kind of market in downtown Philly. Kinda famous, tons of vendors, lots of Amish. They were running around doing business with cell phones and iPads and other electronics. I asked what’s up? I was told this was business and the rules were different from home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT