ADVERTISEMENT

Another reason NYC has become a joke.

"Update: Gov. Kathy Hochul on April 4 ordered the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to drop its effort to collect lost toll revenue from the New York City Marathon."

At the top of your article.
I saw that too but she's the Gov of the WHOLE state of NY so good for her for stepping in. But what does that have to do with MTA requesting the toll be paid? SMH

FYI, NYC doesn't have a governor all by itself in case you didn't know that but it does have a disaster of a mayor.

BTW, she asked but they haven't relented so far.

I saw that too but she's the Gov of the WHOLE state of NY so good for her for stepping in. But what does that have to do with MTA requesting the toll be paid? SMH

FYI, NYC doesn't have a governor all by itself in case you didn't know that but it does have a disaster of a mayor.

No argument that the mayor is a disaster, but the mayor doesn’t control the MTA.

Reactions: clmtigr1

Well since she effectively controls the MTA and the order was just given a few hours ago, we'll see where it goes but that should stop the attempt. We know what you were trying to do.

Reactions: flotiger
No argument that the mayor is a disaster, but the mayor doesn’t control the MTA.
That directive wasn't just conjured up by some MTA director or employee, it came from somewhere higher up.
NYC is dire straits and looking for money everywhere it can even though $750k is a small fraction of what it needs.

Well since she effectively controls the MTA and the order was just given a few hours ago, we'll see where it goes but that should stop the attempt. We know what you were trying to do.
And what was that smart ass? Shouldn't you be back tending to the nest over on the other board and leaving the adults to talk over here?

And what was that smart ass? Shouldn't you be back tending to the nest over on the other board and leaving the adults to talk over here?
Anyone who peruses your posts on the other board knows who the real juvenile is in this thread...and that's where this post needs to go.

Anyone who peruses your posts on the other board knows who the real juvenile is in this thread...and that's where this post needs to go.
Hey dimwit, I posted a benign article about MTA trying to extort money from marathoners. You show up and make it political as usual because you have no rational thinking skill and are a thin skinned twerp who is easily triggered.
Anyone who "peruses" the other board would get a lot of entertainment reading the crap from you, @nytigerfan and a few others. It's truly like watching Monty Python and upper class dimwits even though none of you are upper class.

Hey dimwit, I posted a benign article about MTA trying to extort money from marathoners. You show up and make it political as usual because you have no rational thinking skill and are a thin skinned twerp who is easily triggered.
Anyone who "peruses" the other board would get a lot of entertainment reading the crap from you, @nytigerfan and a few others. It's truly like watching Monty Python and upper class dimwits even though none of you are upper class.

Ok your true color is starting to show itself - if bitch was a color that is. I'll let you flail and whine some more but I'm out.

Does any other city ask marathoners to pay tolls for the event? Lol

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/03/nyregion/marathon-tolls-mta.html
I live in SC and I’m concerned more about SC having an account with $1,800,000,000 and state officials not knowing where it came from and what is it for. The Treasurer doesn’t know, the Comptroller doesn’t know, and the legislature is trying to find out.
My point is there is a lot of “dumb stuff” going on and that you don’t have to go out of state or very far from our hometowns to find it.

I live in SC and I’m concerned more about SC having an account with $1,800,000,000 and state officials not knowing where it came from and what is it for. The Treasurer doesn’t know, the Comptroller doesn’t know, and the legislature is trying to find out.
My point is there is a lot of “dumb stuff” going on and that you don’t have to go out of state or very far from our hometowns to find it.
Soros?

j/k

Corruption in politics is sadly a thing we've accepted or something no one truly cares to fight for fear of being suicided.
Living here as long as I have we don't need to go far to find it, Federal gov't gave the mayor here a $40m Grant to build a civic center that ended up costing $10m.
Where did the other $30mil go?

I enjoy living rent free in your head. There is so much extra space in here.

I enjoy living rent free in your head. There is so much extra space in here.
Only you would take that as some sort of compliment. Trust me, you're notoriously stupid and easy to remember as opposed to the other 4-5 village idiots you hang out with.

The only one living rent free is Trump in your tiny little brains. I'm not even a supporter but no one can post anything considered right or conservative without one of you ding dongs mentioning his name as a counterpoint.
No shock, not capable of original thoughts or having a rational conversation like your buddy above. Knee jerking mouth breathers that aren't capable of thinking for themselves.
Thomas Sowell pegged you guys correctly.

" In a sense, the political left’s attempts to silence ideas they cannot, or will not, debate are a confession of intellectual bankruptcy."

Lived there seven years and loved it. Don't need a car. Nobody bothers you. Great food. Tons of stuff to do.
What years? The food scene is pretty much in every big city I've lived and thought DC was one of the best. Did you ever go eat in some of the outer Burroughs?
Car thing is true, learned to use public transport in Latin America as well.

Nobody bothers you because they don't want you bothering them either. Lol

Seinfeld hit it on the head as a New Yorker. "I'm a happy person that hates everything going on in my life"

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
Only you would take that as some sort of compliment. Trust me, you're notoriously stupid and easy to remember as opposed to the other 4-5 village idiots you hang out with.

The only one living rent free is Trump in your tiny little brains. I'm not even a supporter but no one can post anything considered right or conservative without one of you ding dongs mentioning his name as a counterpoint.
No shock, not capable of original thoughts or having a rational conversation like your buddy above. Knee jerking mouth breathers that aren't capable of thinking for themselves.
Thomas Sowell pegged you guys correctly.

" In a sense, the political left’s attempts to silence ideas they cannot, or will not, debate are a confession of intellectual bankruptcy."

I can’t stand Trump. As a New Yorker, I still can’t believe the guy who was a Howard Stern regular(and fantastic) and just a run of the mill con man has been POTUS and right now will be POTUS again. He did do some nice things but nothing that would warrant be a President.

The VAST majority of the country hated this guy in the 80/90/ and into the 2000s. The Apprentice warmed him up to some people with the Simon Cowell style.

But how and why did this guy become POTUS?

The man had ZERO shot. ZERO.

The only reason he won is the repeated FAILURES of THE PEOPLE who SUPPORT the REPEATED FAILED DEMS and PUBS.

And everytime a point is raised with a Pub/Dem, all they do is point a finger like they aren’t the ****in problem. You all are. And Trump is a constant reminder that your sucking hard for the Dem/Pub party is the result you’ll get when people have had enough.

How and why is Joe Biden the candidate you want to win an election when he is clearly not capable in so many ways? You really don’t fvckin care, at all.

I’m convinced the majority of people are so fvckin weak and incapable of standing up for what’s right. The MSNBC grifting machine is powerful that deep down they are wanting Trump to win cause they know their ratings will be through the roof for the next 5 years.

As for the NYC Marathon, I want everyone who is going to work, getting gas, eating lunch today. You’ve prepped and paid like you always have and are now being told, you can’t enter the building without a $10 cover charge. Can’t have a seat at the restaurant without a $10 service fee. In order to pump that gas, it’s $10 straight from the top.

That’s what shakedowns are. That’s what the mafia does.

People who passively blow this shit off, you are the problem. You blow it off cause it’s not affecting you. Stand up for doing what’s right or it all goes to pot.

Fvckin try to place a proper candidate. At this point, I wouldn’t mind RFKjr winning. Here is a guy polling in the double digits, ignored by the Dem party, ignore by MSM, still denied SS detail. Fvckin sad. If anything happens to him, Trump wins in a massive landslide.

Last edited:
It happens more than you….

Every city that is big does this.

Just as an example close by I’ll give you two….

Greenville charges every event where the participants run on the swamp rabbit trail $5 per person as a usage fee. Even though it’s a free trail to use anytime.

City of Charleston requires me to pay an officer to close every intersection on the route who’s is fine. But they then add on a fee for closing an intersection. So I pay an officer roughly $180 for a couple of hours then I pay another $150 to have than intersection closed by the officer I’m already paying.

In a nut shell the bigger the city the more people have their hands out…

Who gives a FVCK about this? I live in Philly/NYC.. NYC is AMAZING.. stop letting politics interrupt your personal life.. I don't care who the governor is or who the mayor is.. I love the fact that I can walk outside and see beautiful women of all nationalities from all over the world.. Manhattan is 😍😍😍😍

They should charge double for blocking traffic and being a major inconvenience on everyone else. This doesn't even take into account the massive amount of resources needed to host said events.

PS - I ran track and still run but I don't put stupid a** stickers of my minor accomplishments on my car that nobody cares about. Go Tigers

They should charge double for blocking traffic and being a major inconvenience on everyone else. This doesn't even take into account the massive amount of resources needed to host said events.

PS - I ran track and still run but I don't put stupid a** stickers of my minor accomplishments on my car that nobody cares about. Go Tigers
Thats a lie, I saw you the other day getting out of your car.

marathon-car1.jpg

It happens more than you….

Every city that is big does this.

Just as an example close by I’ll give you two….

Greenville charges every event where the participants run on the swamp rabbit trail $5 per person as a usage fee. Even though it’s a free trail to use anytime.

City of Charleston requires me to pay an officer to close every intersection on the route who’s is fine. But they then add on a fee for closing an intersection. So I pay an officer roughly $180 for a couple of hours then I pay another $150 to have than intersection closed by the officer I’m already paying.

In a nut shell the bigger the city the more people have their hands out…
Give me a fvckin break. The race makes a ton of money for the city. MTA has a problem? Why don’t you call the state or NYC? Just look at the last paragraph below. It’s like people don’t know actual mafia exhortion tactics in real life.

According to public records, last year, New York Road Runners had a revenue of more than $85 million, but after expenses its net income was almost $12 million.

Race officials say they're willing to negotiate with the MTA, with a spokesperson said in a statement, "But any resolution should reflect the significant value the MTA derives from the marathon, including the increased ridership over marathon weekend."

Race officials estimate the marathon generated $427 million for the city in 2019.

"When you think of how much money this race must generate in New York City, for the region, for Staten Island, just let it be," Staten Island Borough President Vito Fossella said.

The TD Five Borough Bike Tour could also be charged, meaning it, too, would have to raise prices. Its president said, "The ride is as diverse as the city itself and we don't want this to ever change."

Fossella said the marathon of money madness with the MTA needs to end.

"They are so desperate for money, it's a money grab," Fossella said. "Instead of stepping in the way and tripping the runners, figuratively and almost literally, they should be figuring out ways to get more people to participate."

Gov. Kathy Hochul said in a statement Thursday, "The marathon is an iconic symbol of New York City's tenacity and resilience that unites communities across the five boroughs each fall. I've directed the MTA to fix this mess and allow the marathon to move forward as it always has."

New York Road Runners officials told CBS New York they have been asking the MTA, repeatedly, for proof of this alleged $750,000 loss in revenue, but they have not yet received it.

Why reply to my comment but not actually address my comment….

NYC, Boston, Chicago are all for profit companies. They push that they give a portion of the proceeds but it’s actually the runners that raise money for charities that actually make up all of their givings.

I’m involved with several large running events and it’s a business no different than the company you work for…

Reactions: Allornothing
Who gives a FVCK about this? I live in Philly/NYC.. NYC is AMAZING.. stop letting politics interrupt your personal life.. I don't care who the governor is or who the mayor is.. I love the fact that I can walk outside and see beautiful women of all nationalities from all over the world.. Manhattan is 😍😍😍😍
I certainly understand people having different opinions and tastes when it comes to where to live, there are city people and there are country people. You're obviously a city person, no issue there, but my question is how does a city person become a Clemson fan?

Last summer I went to Chicago for a week, but I was ready to leave 5 minutes after leaving the airport. I was on high alert the entire time, I just couldn't relax. I thought going to a dispensary would help but that just made it worse, and I'm not usually paranoid when I partake. I am most definitely a country person.

Reactions: KansasClemson215
Didn't realize you're a homophob as well.
Get some help dude, the left won't accept you until you open your mind.

You tagged me in a thread I wasn't in, and now you are getting my comments from other threads and posting them here. You must have a lot of spare time.

Your obsession with me is getting a little creepy. I have had three stalkers in my life, two were crazy chicks who wanted my cock, and the third is you. You do realize its never going to happen, right?

If it is any consolation to you... I don't think about you at all.

• Haha
Reactions: flotiger and dpic73
One has to wonder why a bridge built with federal dollars on a federal highway which is maintained by federal dollars can have a city run toll on it.

Why reply to my comment but not actually address my comment….

NYC, Boston, Chicago are all for profit companies. They push that they give a portion of the proceeds but it’s actually the runners that raise money for charities that actually make up all of their givings.

I’m involved with several large running events and it’s a business no different than the company you work for…
No shit it’s a business and the NYC marathon PAYS A LOT of money for the race to happen. In addition, these people from all over the world INCREASE REVENUES and pay plenty of tax dollars.

You have ZERO IDEA about MTA. They gouge anyone in a car traveling over a bridge and thru a tunnel. You take the subway from anywhere in NYC to Staten Island? No? Correct. No one has, it doesn’t exist.

The MTA makes a TON of money off of people traveling over a bridge from Brooklyn to Staten Island where only FERRY from lower Manhattan connects you to Staten Island.

Over 200,000 passes a day @ $9.50 or $19.00 RT is paid for this bridge.

Yet only feeble bus service from Brooklyn and a ferry from lower Manhattan can get you there.

Spare us the bullshit. They make a killing from people driving cars to pay for their subway system which doesn’t support anyone traveling from Long Island to Queens to Brooklyn going to Staten Island. That’s why the Staten Island civic leader and the governor is telling them to STFU.

One has to wonder why a bridge built with federal dollars on a federal highway which is maintained by federal dollars can have a city run toll on it.
It would be 1 thing if the money went solely to repairing the bridge…… the vast majority already goes to MASS TRANSIT. People should take MASS TRANSIT? Agreed. Yet you can’t fvckin do it to Staten Island.

It’s amazing what happens when facts come out.

HAHA - all of these things can be true:

1. The MTA sucks.
2. The MTA has a kind of impossible job.
3. NYC government is corrupt.
4. In general, when government officials here do stupid shit, they get called out on it pretty quickly.
5. NYC lives rent free in a bunch of people's heads.
6. NYC doesn't think too often about the rest of those people but thanks for thinking of us non-stop.

It would be 1 thing if the money went solely to repairing the bridge…… the vast majority already goes to MASS TRANSIT. People should take MASS TRANSIT? Agreed. Yet you can’t fvckin do it to Staten Island.

Staten Island should be gifted to New Jersey. Put that up to a vote and you'd get a 90% YES.

Reactions: SDTiger9

You can take a free ferry from NYC to Staten Island all day. Great way to see the harbor, and it's a lot of fun to take it and see the Staten Island minor league team play.

I can’t stand Trump. As a New Yorker, I still can’t believe the guy who was a Howard Stern regular(and fantastic) and just a run of the mill con man has been POTUS and right now will be POTUS again. He did do some nice things but nothing that would warrant be a President.

The VAST majority of the country hated this guy in the 80/90/ and into the 2000s. The Apprentice warmed him up to some people with the Simon Cowell style.

But how and why did this guy become POTUS?

The man had ZERO shot. ZERO.

The only reason he won is the repeated FAILURES of THE PEOPLE who SUPPORT the REPEATED FAILED DEMS and PUBS.

And everytime a point is raised with a Pub/Dem, all they do is point a finger like they aren’t the ****in problem. You all are. And Trump is a constant reminder that your sucking hard for the Dem/Pub party is the result you’ll get when people have had enough.

How and why is Joe Biden the candidate you want to win an election when he is clearly not capable in so many ways? You really don’t fvckin care, at all.

I’m convinced the majority of people are so fvckin weak and incapable of standing up for what’s right. The MSNBC grifting machine is powerful that deep down they are wanting Trump to win cause they know their ratings will be through the roof for the next 5 years.

As for the NYC Marathon, I want everyone who is going to work, getting gas, eating lunch today. You’ve prepped and paid like you always have and are now being told, you can’t enter the building without a $10 cover charge. Can’t have a seat at the restaurant without a $10 service fee. In order to pump that gas, it’s $10 straight from the top.

That’s what shakedowns are. That’s what the mafia does.

People who passively blow this shit off, you are the problem. You blow it off cause it’s not affecting you. Stand up for doing what’s right or it all goes to pot.

Fvckin try to place a proper candidate. At this point, I wouldn’t mind RFKjr winning. Here is a guy polling in the double digits, ignored by the Dem party, ignore by MSM, still denied SS detail. Fvckin sad. If anything happens to him, Trump wins in a massive landslide.

Curious why you think this? trumps largest donor is jfkjr's largest donor. He will hurt biden much more than trump.

You can take a free ferry from NYC to Staten Island all day. Great way to see the harbor, and it's a lot of fun to take it and see the Staten Island minor league team play.
So,
All 8 million people living in Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk - explain how they get to Philadelphia without supporting the MTA, I’ll hang up and listen. Helicopter is not an option.

Everyone park in Brooklyn. Walk across the Brooklyn bridge…… still need to pay MTA to get to the other side.

Throgs Neck Whitestone Triboro Tunnels, Verrazano Swallows your money.

Please…. All New Yorkers pay BIGLY into the MTA. They need to STFU. Credit to Hochul and SI borough guy for speaking up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT