ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else’s wife’s car have this problem?

CU1TruTiger4Life

Kokopelli
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2001
BFE, USA
It doesn’t matter what time of day, day of the week, week of the month, month of the year, year of the decade, decade of the century(to date), it’s always on empty when I get in.

What makes me real mad, is she’s probably using all of that gas to go see her boyfriend, you’d think he could fill it up every now and then

It doesn’t matter what time of day, day of the week, week of the month, month of the year, year of the decade, decade of the century(to date), it’s always on empty when I get in.

What makes me real mad, is she’s probably using all of that gas to go see her boyfriend, you’d think he could fill it up every now and then
I'll make sure I fill it up next time

Leave it on empty when you use it.

I learned long ago that my life is better if I just drive her car on occasion and fill it up for her. I don’t have to get mad, she’s happy, and I get out of something stupid I did by claiming I did it to be nice.

Now ask me about the big ass dent I found in it the other day, and I lost all of that accumulated goodwill.

I definitely think he’s “filling it up every now and then”…

he definitely fills her up so at least that's something. she might finally be happy.

I caught my wife being very calculated. We go eat dinner at her parents every Wednesday evening and every time I get in her car she’s riding on E or under a quarter tank. Took me about 3-4 times to realize it. Sneaky that one is.

Reactions: yemassee and Dackel

Oh he does.

Have dents, scratches on front bumper from ramming things? Yes I do.

Always dirty inside and never vacuumed? yes yes I do

She’ll pick up all her trash and think it’s clean. Filthy floor boards! Carpet looks like that kids room in problem child.

I learned long ago that my life is better if I just drive her car on occasion and fill it up for her. I don’t have to get mad, she’s happy, and I get out of something stupid I did by claiming I did it to be nice.

Now ask me about the big ass dent I found in it the other day, and I lost all of that accumulated goodwill.
Yes! A new dent or chipped paint once a week.

Let me guess, her phone battery is under 10% as well.

Always dirty inside and never vacuumed? yes yes I do

She’ll pick up all her trash and think it’s clean. Filthy floor boards! Carpet looks like that kids room in problem child.
Sounds like my wife!

No. My wife is incredibly responsible when it comes to money, vehicle maintenance, family, and a lot of other things.

Makes me look bad, but that's a pretty low bar to clear.

I think she's from another planet.
I can’t imagine ...

Add in a little curb rash to the rim and it’s the same thing at my house

Reactions: BHSRebels89

They never return it with more gas than it had when they borrowed it.

Literally, Tuesday morning, she says can you take (daughter) to school, take my car.

Drive is 17 miles, mostly all Beltway and Interstate, takes about 22 min.

As SOON as I get on the Beltway I look down to see RANGE 8 MILES.

As SOON as I see it daughter says, "Dad, can we there a little early today so I talk to so and so."

Welp.

Yes! A new dent or chipped paint once a week.

Add in a little curb rash to the rim and it’s the same thing at my house
This is my wife. There’s a crease in the rear bumper now she “doesn’t know” how it got there. She had a tire leaking down and I couldn’t figure it out. Turns out the rim was bent not allowing the tire to seal. She swears she didn’t know when or how it happened. Can you imagine how hard the lick would be to bend a rim?!? I said “honey, it would have sounded like the backend of the car was being ripped out.” Still nothing. All four rims have rash and it a Mercedes too so not like I can buy a $100 set of hubcaps. And I’m driving it in the morning on an errand to fill it up.
And I wouldn’t trade with anybody. She’s mine and I love her to death. Praise the Lord!

I bet I’ve driven my wife’s car 3 times in the last year. And I’ve never filled it up. Not sure what’s up with some of you guys.

Same here. I don’t want her at a convenience store, ever. Those places are just not a safe place to be with little to no situational awareness. Can’t remember the last time she had to fill up.

Where do you live?

I mean, your average convenience store in Mt. Pleasant, SC isn’t exactly a dangerous place.

Where do you live?

I mean, your average convenience store in Mt. Pleasant, SC isn’t exactly a dangerous place.
I’m in Spartanburg though that really doesn’t matter. 20 years in law enforcement is the experience I draw from to do this simple thing for her. She’s just too important to take that chance.

I’m in Spartanburg though that really doesn’t matter. 20 years in law enforcement is the experience I draw from to do this simple thing for her. She’s just too important to take that chance.

Fair enough. I’m trying to picture the logistics of two working people (100 hours per week combined) with 2 kids trading cars to fill up gas. Not to mention one of them (me) traveling (air) multiple times per month. I’m in Salt Lake City next week, should she run on fumes until I return?

My dad did this gas thing too, and still does. Though my mom doesn’t drive much these days (70s). I don’t know anyone in my immediate social circle that does this. I think the area we live, the nature of our careers, and the independent nature of our wives, probably makes this practice impractical and irrelevant.

Reactions: Tigerfan8002
Fair enough. I’m trying to picture the logistics of two working people (100 hours per week combined) with 2 kids trading cars to fill up gas. Not to mention one of them (me) traveling (air) multiple times per month. I’m in Salt Lake City next week, should she run on fumes until I return?

My dad did this gas thing too, and still does. Though my mom doesn’t drive much these days (70s). I don’t know anyone in my immediate social circle that does this. I think the area we live, the nature of our careers, and the independent nature of our wives, probably makes this practice impractical and irrelevant.
I get it. Some nights I’m pumping gas at 9 pm so she doesn’t have to. That’s just me.

No disrespect intended in my earlier post. Our situations are very different.

I remember the days when our children were young. I was working 3 jobs and 100 hours a week. That was 20 years ago and I wasn’t always successful in putting gas in her car.

Reactions: scotchtiger
Same here. I don’t want her at a convenience store, ever. Those places are just not a safe place to be with little to no situational awareness. Can’t remember the last time she had to fill up.
I can see that, but I also want my wife to be able to do simple things like that herself.

My dad always fills my mom's car up for her. Which is fine but what happens if he isn't able to? He gets sick, or worse?

I don't want my wife to have that problem if something happens to me. Fortunately we have stations around here that are well-lit and reasonably safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigerfan8002
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT