ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Watching Trey Gowdy Grill Peter Strzok Right Meow?

I gotta admit that Im not a big fan of the direction of the GOP (nor the Dem party for that matter), but Gowdy is one of the good ones. When a politician throws his/her hands up and says "F you, youre hopeless" .... you know he truly wanted what was best for his/her country.

I think Gowdy is great, but to be honest is biggest limitation will be his size. He is a tiny guy.

Can someone ELI5 the trap Gowdy laid for Stzrok? I listened to the questioning but didn't hear the dagger.

EDIT: For the sake of transparency, I only watched the video hosted by CNN so basically what I saw was Gowdy getting really caught up on the Hundred Million to Nothing text. Is there a more compelling video elsewhere?

Last edited:
Kind of disinterested here, but Strzok brought up a pretty interesting point.

IF he was REALLY after Trump and not just bitching in texts and IF he were part of some deep state conspiracy that was after Trump. Why wouldn't he leak the fact that the FBI was investigating Trump for working with the Russians the week before the election? That would have been a real bombshell. We can't know if it would have made a difference in the election results, but it's hard to see how leaking information wouldn't hurt Trump and help Clinton. Hard to see how sitting on that info doesn't at least give him some cred when he says he wasn't professionally biased and was just doing his job.

Kind of like Comey... Sure he announced the the FBI/DOJ was closing the Clinton email case the summer before the election (and the IG's report reamed him for it as it was not his place to this but the DOJ's). That helped Clinton. But he also announced that he was reopening it the week before the election, which hurt Clinton. All he had to do was follow procedure, and that information wouldn't have come out until after the election. Not sure how this didn't help Trump. Maybe it swings the election and maybe it doesn't (again, we can never know that), but it's hard to see how he was conspiring to "get" Tump.

As an independent, I have no love for either party, but these guys sure seemed to be helping Trump out instead of a part of some conspiracy against him.

strok is a huge prick my god how has he not gotten punched on a daily basis

Umm...I just don't know what to do with these kinds of comments. Strzok has a long and distinguished record of service in the military and the FBI. Have you watched the Americans? Strzok is the guy who led insanely successful counterintelligence against Russia for 15+ years--he nailed SVG/sleeper agents and they had no clue they were completely played the entire time.

This is a distinguished public servant with an incredible track record.

In his personal texts he hated on Trump. He also hated on Bernie and Holder and Clinton and a bunch of politicians. @hopefultiger13 hit the nail on the thread. The guy was in charge of the early part of the Trump/Russia investigation. Did he unveil those findings? No. Did he even leak anything related to it that could've impacted the election? No.

The Hillary email scandal was always a political tool and Comey used it to Trump's benefit, but the same kind of investigation could be done about Trump using a non-secure phone repeatedly today.

This is political theater. Gowdy and especially Nunes don't even read the documents or care about the merit of the arguments, they just want to spectacle for the midterms. #ReleasetheMemo!!

Strzok was an idiot for using the phone to text with Page about politics--and he should be disciplined, but the deep state stuff is getting really tired. It gets used with every issue now by Republicans...(who used to be patriots and defenders of the institutions that keep us safe like the FBI, although as a civil libertarian I am all for transparency and limits, but ultimately this isn't that...)

Sad.

Umm...I just don't know what to do with these kinds of comments. Strzok has a long and distinguished record of service in the military and the FBI. Have you watched the Americans? Strzok is the guy who led insanely successful counterintelligence against Russia for 15+ years--he nailed SVG/sleeper agents and they had no clue they were completely played the entire time.

This is a distinguished public servant with an incredible track record.

In his personal texts he hated on Trump. He also hated on Bernie and Holder and Clinton and a bunch of politicians. @hopefultiger13 hit the nail on the thread. The guy was in charge of the early part of the Trump/Russia investigation. Did he unveil those findings? No. Did he even leak anything related to it that could've impacted the election? No.

The Hillary email scandal was always a political tool and Comey used it to Trump's benefit, but the same kind of investigation could be done about Trump using a non-secure phone repeatedly today.

This is political theater. Gowdy and especially Nunes don't even read the documents or care about the merit of the arguments, they just want to spectacle for the midterms. #ReleasetheMemo!!

Strzok was an idiot for using the phone to text with Page about politics--and he should be disciplined, but the deep state stuff is getting really tired. It gets used with every issue now by Republicans...(who used to be patriots and defenders of the institutions that keep us safe like the FBI, although as a civil libertarian I am all for transparency and limits, but ultimately this isn't that...)

Sad.

You are spot on @clemben. Trump has a long history with conspiracy theories and promoting them. I remember the one where the Emmy's people were all conspiring against him to keep his reality show from getting an award. This is NOT accidental and is a very deliberate tactic that Trump has used to his advantage over and over and over again. Trump is a MASTER at using propaganda to his advantage. It enables him to get away with his often disturbing behavior.

Just in the "deep state" conspiracy alone, look at the number of folks with distinguished careers and decades of service to their country who all of a sudden decide to throw everything they they worked for away and "conspire" against Trump. Really? All of a sudden the entire leadership of the FBI, DOJ, and apparently EVERY INTELLIGENCE AGENCY WE HAVE all decided to make up some shiit about Trump and the Russians messing with our election just to "get" Donald Trump? Come on...

And here's something I've been thinking about for a while, but I haven't heard it around. IF all these folks decided to "get" Trump. Don't you think he would be gotten? Whether that means framed, set up, or even something worse... If the leadership of the FBI, DOJ, and Intelligence agencies decided to "take him out" whatever that means, what could then candidate Trump REALLY do to stop them?

It just makes no sense. UNLESS, there's one guy with a long history of lying who is making the whole thing up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT